Is this against the rules?

Jacks0n

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about:

[hide=Picture]movieandwoodcutting.png[/hide]

As you can see, I'm watching a movie (Goal) and I have my mouse over the Runescape bar thingy so it shows what I'm doing. When I see that I have stopped woodcutting, I go back and click on another vine. (You miss out on a few nests, but that doesn't bother me.)

My question: is this legal? I am not AFKing at all, but I am not really playing Runescape as it should be played.

Thanks =]

No, I used to do this all the time and I am a player mod too, so long as you are actively controlling your character you will be fine, it is when you let a bot run your game for hours at a time you should be wary :)

Click the link below to find out how to make millions on the GX...full indepth analysis

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/i ... &p=2095612

As you can see, I'm watching a movie (Goal) and I have my mouse over the Runescape bar thingy so it shows what I'm doing. When I see that I have stopped woodcutting, I go back and click on another vine. (You miss out on a few nests, but that doesn't bother me.)

My question: is this legal? I am not AFKing at all, but I am not really playing Runescape as it should be played.

Thanks =]

How did you do that?

Thanks =]

How did you do that?

It's a default feature in Windows Vista, Windows 7 also has it, just hover your mouse over the taskbar.

I believe the Home Basic version of Vista doesn't have it though. I'm sure there's a modification that can allow you to do the same thing in Home Basic, or XP, I'm just too lazy to look for one though.

Is there any way to do something similar to do this on mac?

That question would probably find more results in the Tech part of forums.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I have been doing this all week while training agility, I have the movie screen take up about 80% of my screen and have RS take up the the other 20%ish. I still have to click on every obstacle though, I'm just multitasking.

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

I think the questions is...Why are you using Windows Media Player? :ohnoes:

Not on-topic but looooooooooooool :thumbsup:

I even think Jagex wouldn't mind if u weren't watching the little window either.

Jagex doesn't allow afk play because you simply can't play afk due to the automatic logout. Letting your character cut a magic tree (or vine whatever) while you are cooking isn't illegal either and I do it every evening.

The kitchen is next to my pc, so I just look over my shoulder once in a while to check whether tree is still there and when I throw something in the bin or watch the cat in the living room I touch my mouse to prevent autolog.

It's not afk training either imo. Jagex doesn't want bots or anything (with reason!) since you would have an unfair advantage over other players who do everything themselves. While botting is unfair since you can do it for hours in a row without even being in the neighboorhood of your pc.

Besides I wouldn't worry too much about breaking the rules. As long as everything remains reasonable I think nobody would bother checking in on you :rolleyes:

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Only thing I have. Whats wrong with it?

Nothing works with Windows Media Player for me as it only supports a few file types, to get anything to work you have to download tons of codecs - I use VLC media player.

To answer your question: No.

imagangster.png

Only thing I have. Whats wrong with it?

Nothing works with Windows Media Player for me as it only supports a few file types, to get anything to work you have to download tons of codecs - I use VLC media player.

To answer your question: No.

The media player of windows 7 is great.

lurifax.png

I used to have that, but not anymore, how do I turn it back on? Lol

excuse me, how can I trun that feature on(for vista)?

I got that when I first purchase my computer, but I turned it off accidentally. How can I turn that on again?

Here.

~Trent

Finally bought my whip. =D

Yes, it's against the rules. Stop watching movies on the internet and support the movie industry by buying the DVD's from your local retailer. God hates freeloaders.

That's the second time you post stupid replies in this forum. The point of keeping a forum running decently is everyone contributing his part to make this a living community and to help out others here.

Posting fake stuff about RS or giving offtopic (stupid) comments doesn't contribute a thing!

First of all: it's not against the rules

Second: since he's watching with Media Player he could have inserted a bought/rented DVD and play it on his pc. You don't have the right to blindly accuse someone of doing illegal stuff unless you're absolutely sure.

Third: Since you're obviously religious I (as a 100% atheist) remember something in the Bible about not throwing stones at someone unless you are sin-free

And last but not least: I thought God was all about love and positive stuff. Stating that God hates someone reminds of the homosexual-hate-protest plates I see from time to time on anti-gay parades...

Plz behave and if you don't wanna contribute with decent replies just don't reply? You won't irritate people anymore and won't make a fool out of yourself... AMEN

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)