Guide to Agility (WIP) Help wanted

Maxingmck

strongbanner.png

Welcome to Mcks Agility guide, this guide will help you never have to run again <3

To get strange rocks it is advised to climb the low wall in the desert pyramid.

Updates: December 16: Started

February 13: Happy valentines day, added info on more items.

May 23: Added butterfly info

Overview: Agility is a great stat, it allows for the restore rate of run to be sped up, the use of new shortcuts, the unlocking of new areas, and has a great cape/agile armor. It is trained mainly by running through courses which can be very boring but it has a great reward.

Ok now lets start with the courses:

[hide=Training Conventionally]1-35 Gnome stronghold:

This level is simple just go to the gnome course.

Items needed: energy potions as obstacles can't be failed

This course can give around 9k xp hr at low levels.

Pretty simple just cross the log, climb up, climb up again, walk across the beam, climb down, climb over the net, and through the pipe to claim your 86.5 xp.

35-52 Barbarian outpost

You are getting better now go beat the bar crawl and enter this course.

Items needed: food and energy potions.

You can get 12k experience an hour here.

Swing over spikes, cross the log, climb the net, get past the ledge, and climb the low walls for 139.5 experience at a time

52-70 Wilderness

Wilderness is unsafe as it is covered with revs and is fairly far from a bank so watch out

Items needed: plenty of food for revenants and dragonhide armor.

You shouldn't have to walk here at all since the obstacles are so close and your level is higher

Prepare for a big jump in experience to 32k an hour

Go through the pipe, over the swing, across the stones, over the log, and up the rocks for an epic 571.4 experience (works well with brawling gloves)

70-80 Ape Atoll

Ape Atoll is great experience but plan to be here a while

Items needed: ninja monkey gree gree, and a knife (to cut the pineapple that spawns into food)

You stop failing at 75 which increases your experience by a lot

You can recieve 38k experience 70-74 and 50k experience 75-80 here on average.

Cross the stepping stone, climb the tree, cross the monkey bars, climb the stones, swing across the river, and slide down the vine to gain 580 experience

80-85 Dorgesh-Kaan

Dorgesh-Kaan requires getting a certain item for xp

Items needed: a light source preferably a seers headband as you can wear it, and your spanner turgall gave you, and energy restores as you really won't fail much anymore

You will be using the agility route which has you talk to turgall to get the item needed, cross the cable walk, across the swing, through the monkey bars, across another swing, through the wall, in the tunnel, over another cable, through more monkey bars, use the spanner on the console and pick out the item turgall made you pick and then back the way you came to gain a whopping 2375 agility experience.

This is around 50k experience per hour maxing at about 54k

A tip is to set your assist option on something different to remember the item you were sent to retrieve or type a different letter into the chatbox for each item

85-90 Gnome Advanced

90-99 Barbarian Advanced

[/hide]

[hide=Butterflies]You're probably thinking "How do butterflies help with agility??" but they are a great source of experience for hunter and agility. It is the most effecient way of training agility but not the fastest by any means. From 80 hunter and 75 agility forward you will be allowed to access butterflies. I recommend training this if you want high hunter or are a balanced/effecient skiller, but if you want sole fast agility levels it is best to not hunt these. Here is the tipit table.

1zvwos6.png

[/hide]

[hide=Rewards]There are many rewards for training agility

Level 30: Agility pyramid

Level 35: Barbarian outpost

Level 48: Ape atoll

Level 52: Wilderness course

Level 56: Ability to do Regecide (great quest)

Level 70: Access to Saradomin Encampment

Level 75: Never fail at ape atoll

Level 85: Agile bottom (and advanced gnome course)

Level 89: Never fail gnome advanced

Level 90: Agile top (and advanced barb course)

Level 93: Never fail barbarian advanced

Level 99: Epic cape!

[/hide]

[hide=Items wanted]Items for every agile person:

Penance Horn: When worn doubles the agility experience you gain.

Spotted cape or spottier cape: gives a -3 and -5 weight bonus respectively.

Penance gloves: Reduces weight by 4.5 kg.

Boots of lightness: Reduces weight by 4.5 kg.

Summer pie/Agility potion: raises agility 5 and 3 levels respectively (allows you to use shortcuts/courses)

Greegree: Allowed access to AA course.

Lightsource: Allowed access to Dorgesh'Kaan course.

Agile top and bottom: Apart from looking sweet gives you a -13 and -12 bonus respectively

Enhanced Excalibur: heals you for 20 hp every five minutes (when spec bar recharges)

Energy potions: a person's best friend, restores 20 run energy for normal and 40 for super

Spirit terrorbird and scrolls: this familiars scrolls restore half of your agility level in run energy (35 at 70 agility etc.)

Forager familiars: Use a good forager familiar to net profit whilst training

Good food: you need good food to keep your hp high from failing obstacles (I use monks but salmon seems to be the best gp/hp. if you are lower try to use baskets of starberries as they heal 25 a basket)

A lot of patience as this is very repetitive and slow xp.[/hide]

[hide=Quests for xp]

In red are the easiest to do at low levels and recommended to do from 1-30 agility

1,000 - Recruitment Drive

2,000 - Legacy of Seergaze

2,000 - Defender of Varrock

2,812 - The Fremennik Trials

3,000 - Underground Pass

3,000 - Land of the Goblins

4,000 - Icthlarin's Little Helper

5,000 - Cold War

5,000 - Kennith's Concerns

5,000 - Royal Trouble

6,000 - Grim Tales

7,000 - Cabin Fever

7,000 - Darkness of Hallowvale

8,000 - Troll Romance

9,000 - The Curse of Arrav

10,000 - Myths of the White Lands, you must have at least 55 agility

10,000 - Recipe for Disaster (Awowogei)

7,900 - 11,200 - The Grand Tree (could get any between) recommended highly for low levels

13,750 - Regicide

15,000 - Back to my Roots

20,000 - Mourning's Ends Part II

20,000 - The Chosen Commander

25,000 - Rocking Out

35,000 - Within the Light

[/hide]

[hide=Shortcuts]

Taken from Tip.It agility guide:

5 Crumbling Wall Falador West This connects the south of Taverly to the west of Falador. People mining at Taverly or buying herblore supplies in Falador can have quick access to the Falador bank amongst other things.

10 Rope Swing Karamja West This allows you access a small island with Moss Giant respawns which you couldn't get to otherwise.

12 Stepping Stones Brimhaven Dungeon This allows you to venture deeper into this dungeon.

15 Monkey Bars Edgeville Dungeon This allows you to venture deeper into this dungeon to access some Earth Warrior respawns.

16 Underwall Tunnel Yanille Crosses the north boundary of Yanille.

20 Log Balance Coal Trucks Connects the Coal Trucks towards Mcgrubbors wood. Miners can use it to get to Seer's Village quickly.

21 Underwall Tunnel Varrock Link between Grand Exchange to the bridge east of Edgeville.

22 Pipe Squeeze Brimhaven Dungeon This allows you to venture deeper into this dungeon.

25 Cliffside Scramble Eagle's Peak Useful during the Eagle's Peak quest.

26 Underwall Tunnel Falador South Crosses the south Falador boundary. People mining at the Crafting guild can use it to access the bank more easily.

28 Broken Railing Draynor Manor Get through the fence right next to the belladonna patch. Allows easy passage to and from Falador farming allotments.

29 Underwall Tunnel Oo'glog Crosses the north Oo'glog boundary. Enter the city and use the pools without having to pass hostile Ogresses near the city entrance.

30 Stepping Stones Brimhaven Dungeon This allows you to venture deeper into this dungeon.

31 Stepping Stones Draynor Manor Between Draynor Manor and near the Champion's Guild across the river.

33 Log Balance Ardougne Cross the river through Ardougne from near the North bank.

34 Pipe Squeeze Brimhaven Dungeon This allows you to venture deeper into this dungeon.

37 Rock Climb Gnome Stronghold Links the Barbarian outpost to the Grand Tree Area in the Gnome Stronghold.

38 Cliff Side Scramble Al-Kharid Allows you to get out of the Al-Kharid mine quickly.

40 Rope Climb Souteast of the Agility Pyramid. Speeds access to the Archaeology Camp and the Ruins of Ullek. You must use a rope on the rock near the cliff, surrounded by the level 124 Mummies before accessing this shortcut.

41 Cliff Side Scramble - Easy Trollheim Shortcut in the Trollheim areas.

42 Narrow Crevice Dwarven Mine Links between one side of the Dwarven Mine to the other.

43 Cliff Side Scramble - Medium Trollheim Shortcut in the Trollheim areas.

44 Cliff Side Scramble - Advanced Trollheim Shortcut in the Trollheim areas.

45 Log balance Elven Lands A shortcut over the river.

46 Narrow Walkway - Medium Lost City Shortcut towards the cosmic runecrafting altar in the Lost city.

47 Cliffside Scramble - Hard Trollheim Shortcut in the Trollheim areas.

48 Log Balance Fremennik Province Balance over the river from Sinclair's mansion to the Fremennik Province. Can be used to get to the Slayer dungeon and Keldagrim more quickly.

51 Pipe Squeeze Edgeville Dungeon - Varrock Sewers A link between the west of Edgeville Dungeon to the north-east of Varrock Sewers.

58 Weathered Wall Port Phasmatys - Ectopool Use this for quicker trips when you're using the Ectofunctus for your bones.

59 Cliffside Scramble - Easy Elven Lands Cut across the path in Arandar towards the Elven lands.

60 Rocky Handholds 31 West Wilderness Escape from the God War's Dungeon Entrance. Cannot be climbed up.

61 Spiked Chain Climb Slayer Tower From the Ground floor to the first floor of the Slayer tower.

62 Narrow Crevice Slayer Dungeon Shortcut from the Basilisks to the Turoths towards the end of the slayer dungeon.

64 Climb Trollheim Wilderness Route Leads from Trollheim into the wilderness, no path back.

65 Ornate Railing Temple on the Salve Can be used after completing the Priest in Peril quest, avoids going through the Temple dungeon to get to Morytania.

66 Narrow Walkway - Advanced Lost City Shortcut towards the cosmic runecrafting altar in the Lost city.

68 Cliffside Scramble - Medium Elven Lands Cut across the path in Arandar towards the Elven lands.

70 Pipe Squeeze Members' Dungeon Quick access to the Blue Dragon's Den from the entrance of the Member's dungeon.

71 Spiked Chain Climb Slayer Tower From the first floor to the second floor of the slayer tower.

74 Stepping Stone Shilo Village Quick access from one side of the river to the other. Found north of the furnace.

80 Spiked Blades Jump Members' Dungeon Quick access to the west side of the members dungeon from its entrance.

81 Chasm Jump Slayer Dungeon Avoid the long winding path and get straight to the Pyrefiends in the Slayer dungeon once you've entered.

85 Cliffside Scramble - Advanced Elven Lands Cut across the path in Arandar towards the Elven lands.

86 Low Wall-Climb Kuradal's Dungeon A shortcut between the Abyssal Demons and the Steel Dragons.

90 Dungeon Wall-Run Kuradal's Dungeon Avoid the long winding path and get straight to the Iron and Steel dragons.

Shortcuts using mithril grapples

Agility Lvl Strength Lvl Range Lvl Description Location

8 19 37 Cross River Lum to Al Kharid Between the east of Lumbridge Swamp and Al Kharid

Using this shortcut you can cross between Lumbridge and Al Kharid. This provides a quick route to recharge prayer or to ferry ores between the mine and the bank or forge. The crossing can be used either way. This is a 2 stage crossing utilising the raft island between the two spots.

11 37 19 Scale Falador Wall North-east Falador, just east of the park

You use the mithril grapple to scale up one side of the wall, then jump down on the other side. It's a quick route between the Falador East bank and the Barbarian village and Monastery. This shortcut can be used from the outside in only.

32 35 35 Scale Catherby Cliff To the east of Catherby, near the fruit tree patch and rockslide

Using this shortcut you can take a quick trip over to Taverly, without having to go over White Wolf Mountain or through the Dwarven pass. You have to shoot the mithril grapple at a rock at the top of the cliff. This shortcut is one way only, from Catherby to the top of the cliff.

Note: You also need to have completed the Fishing Contest quest to use this shortcut.

36 22 39 Escape from Water Obelisk Island Water Obelisk, above the Black Dragons in Members' Dungeon

Have you just battled past the Black Dragons to enchant a few water or fire orbs? Perhaps you made a quick exit up the ladder to escape their fiery breath? Bored with just standing on the island, waving at the fishers, doing seal impressions in the hope they will throw you a fish? Well this shortcut is for you! It allows you cross from Water Obelisk island over to Catherby. You need to shoot your grapple at the crossbow tree, then cross over and join the people fishing, accept their general awe, applause and perhaps a fish or two. This shortcut is one way only.

39 38 21 Scale Yanille Wall South Yanille, behind the Dragon Inn

Using this shortcut provides you with a quick route between Yanille / Wizards' Guild and Gu'Tanoth / Feldip Hills. You use the mithril grapple to scale the wall, then jump down the other side. This shortcut can be utilised in either direction.

53 21 42 Karamja Crossing South-east of the Karamja Volcano, west of the shop

This shortcut is a quick means of crossing from the banana plantation south-east of Karamja volcano (near where the Amulet of Glory Karamja teleport takes you) to the peninsula near the Harpie Bug swarms. The crossing can be used either way. This is a 2 stage crossing utilising the small island between the two spots.

[/hide]

[hide=Xp per hour overview]

These are estimate

Gnome Stronghold: 9k

Gnome Advanced: 62k

Barbarian Outpost: 12k

Barbarian Advanced: 65k

Ape Atoll: 38k (at 75+ it is 50k)

Wilderness Course: 32k

Dorgesh-Kaan: 52k

[/hide]

[hide=Want to help?]If you want to help me with this guide I could use some info and pictures on the courses, just pm me and ill be sure to give you credit![/hide]

[hide=Credits]

Halkod

Robertr1

Illest20

Codguy

Zaaps

Supernova190

yuriqiu

Sniperxope

Tif creators

[/hide]

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Spotted cape or spottier cape: gives a -5 and -3 weight bonus respectively.

Got those two backwards it should be "gives -3 and -5 weight bonus respectively"

Good guide so far, I'll probably end up using it later when I go for 90 agility :thumbup:

thanks ill add you both in credits

Sorry but the Ape Atoll xp/h is wrong. I have trained there VERY recently (Friday) for at least 2 or 3 hours and I can say it is 50k/h if you're paying attention, give or take a few k xp depending on any click tricks you may know and your reactions. My personal best is 53k/h.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

I can also say that your Advanced courses have wrong experience rates. They max at about 62k and 65k respectively, but are both more around 55-60k per hour. Also, you may want to add that having a negative weight doesn't help any more than having a 0kg weight (it's just to show how much more you can carry).

In addition, you may want to talk a little more about summoning - when you stop needing run energy, you have the option of summoning macaws, who can net 60-80k per hour in gems and rings, and require a bank trip every 3 hours (6 pouches). This really only works for both of the gnome and barbarian courses and Ape Atoll, which all have conveniently located summoning obelisks.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Not that it matters at all technically, but you should mention the unofficial worlds. I know Ape Atoll has one, ns on the others. I know many people enjoy training agility with many others, so it's worth mentioning imo.

You stop failing Barbarian Advanced Course at level 93. Also this can yield a maximum of 69.8k xp/hr if you're perfect, but, that won't happen, so think more along the lines of 62-68k xp/hr depending on concentration.

Ape Atoll rates at 75+ can give 50-53k xp/hr on average, up to ~54.5k xp/hr.

Gnome Advanced Course can yield a maximum of 68.4k xp/hr, but more realistically, 60-65k xp/hr on average, depending on concentration once again.

Just a few things to consider.

Also, work a bit on grammar, capitals, etc. One example, sorta, should be sort of. And instead of all capitals, maybe use [bold] or something else, to make it look more formal, rather than shouting.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Should i add more pics/cut the smileys out?

Pictures are always nice, but smileys just look stupid.

This. Also "Forager familiars: the highest level forager familiar can help net cash whilst training" isn't always true. Magpies(lvl 47) are lower level than Fruitbats(lvl 69) and usually net 3 or 4 times as much money per hour.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

For me personal, the guide hasn't shown me anything new.

A few things I would personally like to see from a awesome agility guide:

Pictures of each course perhaps? (how to get there, a small map or description of how to get there easily)

Explain which shortcuts are very usefull and why it would be worth to work towards that agility level?

Perhaps take pictures of great inventories.

You states trouts / salmon is great food. Try baskets of strawberries. They pack a lot of health in a single inventory slot and heal small portions of health, so you can keep low health. Cheap food and a reason to farm strawberries, they are definitely worth it.

Perhaps explain the Werewolve course once to people. From my own experience, a ton of people skip this course, never to have seen it.

(getting anoying so many advices eh?)

Also, you could use foragers on every course can't you? Just take pouches / summoning potion.

And last but not least:

Action pictures of DA MATRIX !!! (if you train agility, you know what I mean!)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

For Dorgesh-Kann you could use the Seers Headband 3 as a lightsource, that way it doesn't take up an inventory spot and I don't know if this matters there but it doesn't have a chance to go out.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few more rewards that I know specifically people shoot for.

90 - Shortcut in Kuradel's Dungeon to Iron/Steel Dragons

86 - Shortcut in Kuradel's Dungeon to Abyssal Demons

81 - Unlocked shortest route through the Slayer Dungeon

71 - All spiked chains usable in the Slayer Tower

70 - Quick access to the Blue Dragons in Taverly Dungeon. <--- Very common for people to shoot for 70 just for this.

66 - Fastest route to the cosmic alter

58 - Fastest use of ectofunctus via weathered well.

Use what you wish or none at all. If you want the type of shortcut they are its in tip.its official agility guide.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

For Dorgesh-Kann you could use the Seers Headband 3 as a lightsource, that way it doesn't take up an inventory spot and I don't know if this matters there but it doesn't have a chance to go out.

You could also use the mining helmet as a lightsource. It has lower requirements and looks a bit cooler.

Also, try to go more in depth in the training section. It seems a bit lacking in some areas. Try to also have pictures of equipment, because it makes it easier for most people to remember, so they don't have to pull up your guide every time they want to train agility.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...