Work Experience for school

beny_2b

Well Im not sure if all you guys do work experience? (Where you have to work in a shop or something for a week to see what the working life is like.)

But I started mine today working in a place called deichmanns shoes they got me shifting boxes for 7 hours a day.

Just thought it would be interesting to hear what you all had to do for it or are doing?

Ive done some of that. I was on a company making maps once. Man that was boring, I actually enjoyed school after that.

Another time I was at the post office as a mailman. Was pretty sweet except for the times. I remember starting at 4 in the morning :)

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

Work expeience is rubbish. its NOTHING like real work in the slightest lol.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well ive done work experience at a pharmacy for a week :shock:

Ive now got a job at a pharmacy (same buisness) and its just like what I did in work experience :D

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Hear, hear. I went to the computer control dept. of a big medicine company (GSK, to anyone who knows of it), and was sat for about 4 days doing nothing.

The thing is, if a business isn't geared up to have work experience people come, then they just get in the way and slow things down. At least, this is my understanding of it.

Volunteering at an elementary school after school for 2 hours. GREAT experience, and also, it was fun. :)

Had fun, did what I liked doing, and it gave me something to write about in my college essay. I also now have a reference if I apply for a job. I think it paid off well. :)

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

In England you have to do a week of this before you finish your GCSE's. Well, not being fussed or interested in the options, I put hotel + catering as my option, as I'm quite alright at cooking.

Spent a week in the catering department of my local hospital. The lowest of the low, you're even lower than the mourge. All I did was serve horribly made food to people, then collect it later, untouched, to wash them for 5 days, 50 hours, 3000 minutes, of hell.

Who could blame them? Now that I've seen how that food is looked after I'm never going to eat hospital food. I'd rather risk MSRA or bird flu.

We have to do 40 hours of community server here in canada in order to graduate.

I volunteer at a library organizing stuff.

They also had co-op programs with colleges and universities so you can work and get paid while you study.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

In England you have to do a week of this before you finish your GCSE's. Well, not being fussed or interested in the options, I put hotel + catering as my option, as I'm quite alright at cooking.

Spent a week in the catering department of my local hospital. The lowest of the low, you're even lower than the mourge. All I did was serve horribly made food to people, then collect it later, untouched, to wash them for 5 days, 50 hours, 3000 minutes, of hell.

Who could blame them? Now that I've seen how that food is looked after I'm never going to eat hospital food. I'd rather risk MSRA or bird flu.

rofl-im gona go do work ex at my dads place and play on the psp for a week :lol:

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Some years ago I was 2 weeks at Fazer's (biggest candy, bread and cake manufactor in Finland) office. That was a real pain as I got all the bad jobs that no1 else wanted. I worked really hard there, did the worst jobs and I basically got nothing. Of course you get a paper that you've worked there for that time, but that's wort next to nothing as everyone gets a paper from that job experience period.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

My six months there were like the real work at the office...Don't know how things in England are of course.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Did work experience at school like 7 years ago now.

My job was shadowing IT staff at the council here.

Was very boring as I didn't do much. I just watched them not do much :P

sig2ho7.jpg

We have to do 40 hours of community server here in canada in order to graduate.

I volunteer at a library organizing stuff.

They also had co-op programs with colleges and universities so you can work and get paid while you study.

Yeah. I do usher work at church though. I plan to do library work this summer.

My six months there were like the real work at the office...Don't know how things in England are of course.

In england you only really do like a month max of work exp so its unlikely to be that much like the real thing, personally I found that mine was not much like the actual job. I only did a week so it wasn't likely to be. Honestly though, i don't really understand how anyone can expect it to be much like the actual job, i mean how many people on work experience are fully qualified to do the job they are experiencing? Obviously this would depend on the placement you have, I guess you don't really have to know as much if you get a road sweeping placement, compared to a surgeons placement.

I did 2 weeks of Work experience.. I did one week at Rothschild, an investment banking sort of firm, which was a hell boring week of constant work.

They actually set up a whole massive program of lectures and that rubbish for us..

Then i did a second week of work experience at my dad's office, i went in for 2 days, got paid for it, and spent the rest of the week at home just chilling with some mates whilst everyone else was on cadet camp :lol:

Suckers.. :twisted:

Rsn: snyper jr

The only time anyone at my school did 'work experience' was if they were doing a recognised TAFE course as part of their High school education. It's a really whacked setup and I can't remember exactly how it went but meh.

I really want to see someone do work experience at my work (bcf.com.au for anyone interested) for a week.

The job I have there is formerly known as 'Casual Retail' but don't let it mislead you :P

Dock-hand, warehousing, cashier, shop assistance, storeman, order [un]packing. It is all there and done on a daily basis at least once. The majority of the work is 'dock-hand', 'warehousing' and '[un]packing orders' :P 8.30 to 5.30 is spent moving stock off palettes (generally around 15 or so) and getting it onto the shelfs.