Some photos taken in Wellington

Wongtong

I'll get a nice camera one day.

ve6jaq.jpg

2usdi6x.jpg

33ts5l2.jpg

4fwsa0.jpg

I think the starfish is my favourite one. What do you guys think?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Mm I like the starfish one too. Your camera's actually pretty good, it's 8 mega pixels right?

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

Mm I like the starfish one too. Your camera's actually pretty good, it's 8 mega pixels right?

Yup, 8 mega pixels. And I beg to differ :P You've seen my brick of a camera.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I agree with the others, the Starfish is the best. What kind of camera do you have?

rosssigfinal.jpg

I agree with the others, the Starfish is the best. What kind of camera do you have?

I have a Canon Powershot A720 IS

a720is_586x225.jpg

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/canon-powershot-a720-is/4505-6501_7-32471270.html

It's irritating because people see my camera and just automaticallly think it's bad (even myself sometimes) because it's not one of those big black fancy cameras.

Honestly, it's pretty good for what I got it for. I think around.. $100NZD in Hong Kong. Or maybe it was $300, I forget.

The problem is that I'm more interested in shooting long exposure pictures, but I don't have a tripod and longest shutter speed on my camera is 15"

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

a720is_586x225.jpg

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/canon-powershot-a720-is/4505-6501_7-32471270.html

It's irritating because people see my camera and just automaticallly think it's bad (even myself sometimes) because it's not one of those big black fancy cameras.

Honestly, it's pretty good for what I got it for. I think around.. $100NZD in Hong Kong. Or maybe it was $300, I forget.

The problem is that I'm more interested in shooting long exposure pictures, but I don't have a tripod and longest shutter speed on my camera is 15"

Still better than mine. Mine's 8.1 and you know how much it sucks. XD

When we have our photography day you can use my mums if you'd like.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

Well since you don't really know me, let me start by saying this:

Since photography is my forte, I might come off a little harsh, but don't let it get to you, it's all about constructive criticism. :grin:

First photo:

Lovely shot, however.... The photo is not crisp as a close up or macro should be. Sometimes with flowers, especially white ones, an angelic look is wanted, but that doesn't mean it can't be crisp. The top left corner is blown out, but in this photo I don't think it really matters to much as a blue sky or some other background might distract from the white flower. Next time when photographing roses, try taking a mister and lightly misting the petals, it can add alot to the photo.

Second photo:

Again, it should be crisper than this. I think your problem is simply that it is out of focus slightly. If you weren't shooting in macro mode, try that. And if you were... then it's probably not so much your fault, but the camera's which is ok, you have to work with what you have. One of the biggest problems with this photo is that you have two focus points and one finds their eyes darting back and forth between the two (the two roses in the foreground). A more shallow DoF, ie a larger f/stop (lower number), would help you achieve a single focus point instead of having multiple. Again, it is blown out, but I think it takes more away from the photo then it did in the first one.

Third photo:

I think technically speaking, this is your best photo so far, and I really like it.... but Im going to be a stickler and point out the fact that a very small, tiny bit of the starfish is cut out of the photo on the right side, big no no. :wink:

Collage:

I think these photos go very well together, and it was smart putting them together like this. In the top photo the horizon is a bit skewed which could be easily fixed in photoshop. Other than that they all look great.

Overall, pretty good work. =D>

Don't get down on your self for not having a "good" camera, we all have to start somewhere, and starting off with a less technical camera ensures that you will become good at the big things like composition before moving on to more technical aspects of photography. Hope to see more from you in the future!

mybest_1.jpg

-All sigs by me.

[My Gallery]

Thanks for your c/c navyplaya, much appreciated :)

(finally someone who has given me c/c)

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

These are great Wong_Tong, good job. Are you doing Post-Effects, in Photoshop or the like? It could enhance these photo's a lot.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

These are great Wong_Tong, good job. Are you doing Post-Effects, in Photoshop or the like? It could enhance these photo's a lot.

Nup. No idea how to enhance them without looking too edited.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

If I find the time, I might post a tut on how to enhance colors... just keep an eye out.

mybest_1.jpg

-All sigs by me.

[My Gallery]

If I find the time, I might post a tut on how to enhance colors... just keep an eye out.

Alright, thanks :) I'll keep an eye on The Gallery.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

a720is_586x225.jpg

Looks decent enough, I have a fairly ordinary Sony Cybershot, only 7.2 MP. Buuut yours i t does look a bit chunky :P

rosssigfinal.jpg

a720is_586x225.jpg

My sister has the exact same camera, I can safely tell you it's junk. :) But it was the best compact camera I could find for her in that price range, so it's not too bad.

See, the quality difference between compact cameras and DSLRs is always substantial. Most settings are automatic, and the manual settings (If any) are buried deep within the interface.

C2b6gs7.png