Your worst social life slump

hockEynfish

I'll just say from ~Nov 1999 to Dec 2002.

Here's a rough timeline of major events:

Gf got killed

Tried to kill myself

Dad died of cancer

Mate got hit by trian and later died (another friend seriously injured)

Tried to kill myself again

Grand father died

Aunt died

And don't give me your sympathy and cabbage - I don't need, nor do I want it.

Some oldies might remember on scapeboard when my postcount went from a megar 2K or so up to 8K or whatever in 2 months and a bit? Yay for social withdrawl. Hell, I still don't talk much IRL. I think the average is like 10 words/wk even with my family.

*hugs DarkWebz*

I dunno what I'd do without you guys.

ditto

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably from 14-19 (present), had a drug problem, messed my GCSE's up at school, then got kicked out of college when I was 17, did well after that, kept off the drugs for a while, then later - women trouble = back on drugs, then life got better, completed a 2 year course in IT, now though don't have a job, my best mates use drugs, as does most people who live on my estate, but we (me & my mates) have made a resolution to quit everything at new year. Not really a social downfall, i mean, i go out every night, but Id prefer to stay in and not do what i do, if that makes sense?

And before anyone asks I won't be naming which drugs I've used, this is a family forum after all :wink:

I think my bad times were during my A-Level Years at school, or at least the first year anyway. Looking back on it i was just really stupid, i didn't know how to deal with the problems that i had and i just completely wasted the 2 years i spent on my A Levels by getting drunk/getting high in school, and believe me i regret it.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I've never had a social slump. I had a personal emotional slump when I was younger and my parents split up, I was in a right state after that, very depressed. But only for a month or so, then I decided to look on the bright side.

I'm generally a very happy guy, I have LOADS of friends, and have gotten the 'happiest/best attitude(?) person in the class' award mm 3 times.

I attract a lot of attention :D I'm quite loud :oops:

ponderineq1.gif

• 8 months later...

Probaly the first half of 10th grade I think...

Right when 10th grade was about to start my best friend moved away (was realy my only friend, so you could say I wasn't very social in 9th grade as well. However, this was just because he was a grade behind me, we still hung out all the time).

Anyways, few months into 10th grade made friends with a bunch of people, got a lot better.

About the only time I was never incredibly 'social'. I'm realy never that social, but I enjoy hanging out with friends on ocasion.

Right now is a little iffy too. We just moved, but the thing is is that in a few months (in fall) i'm heading off to college. Because of that it's fairly pointless to try and make friends here right now, because i'm only going to be here during the summer! So I technicly have the entire day to be on the PC. The good thing is I still talk to two of my realy good friends over ventrillo.

ps: I"ve never been realy depressed. I mean, yeah I've had small times (like a day) where I was agnry/whatever, but it didn't last long..

I've never been really depressed for more than a month or two before. I got quite depressed when I was away from my home and family staying at my Aunts house. Whilst down there I saw a zombie movie which really shook me up. I was sleeping in a room with a massive window and no curtains. So I kind of developed a fear of going to bed which makes you get depressed as soon as it starts getting dark. Not fun. When I went back home I was fine though.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

The whole Grade 10 in school was acutly very good, but now that the summer is here... well ive been on these boards alot, and ive been so bored, playing games all day long... I hope it gets better soon though, my friends are coming back to town soon.... i hope.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Riding My Bike Then Crashed In To A Tall Steep Curb about Half A Meter High Then Of All Places I Busted My Shin Real Bad And Near Inuff Everyone In The Hood Saw Me..Laughed, I Got Stressed And Wanned To Beat Em Up......EVERYBODY RAN :wall: i hate when i wanna get someone and they run off

draconack.jpeg

New RSN - Dirty_S0uth5 (Ranger Mage)

dirty_s0uth5.png

dirty_s0uth5.png

dirty_s0uth5.png

Riding My Bike Then Crashed In To A Tall Steep Curb about Half A Meter High Then Of All Places I Busted My Shin Real Bad And Near Inuff Everyone In The Hood Saw Me..Laughed, I Got Stressed And Wanned To Beat Em Up......EVERYBODY RAN :wall: i hate when i wanna get someone and they run off

HaHa I Remember.. Everybody Ran Except Me

roflrofl.jpeg Please click the link below, sonicsonaike will try do you a favour, register and activate.

http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?user ... llion_2012

HaHa I Remember.. Everybody Ran Except Me

No, You Ran Off And I Caught You And Moe So Shutup And Try Talk On Topic

draconack.jpeg

New RSN - Dirty_S0uth5 (Ranger Mage)

dirty_s0uth5.png

dirty_s0uth5.png

dirty_s0uth5.png

I've never had it bad... I have 7 best friends and we've all been friends for years now... I'm friends with a lot of other people but I can always count on my 7 best friends...

I've never had it bad... I have 7 best friends and we've all been friends for years now... I'm friends with a lot of other people but I can always count on my 7 best friends...

You can't have 7 best friends, the maximum is 3.

Now live with that fact.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

1988-2006... Well it could be better in college next year...
Ditto, except I don't think it's going to get much better.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

My worst social life stump is now. I'm 19, a Marine, and I live in a town that is used to them. I try to go to a town club fairly close and all they ask is, "You have a college I.D?". That's their way of saying Go away. Mainly why noone leaves our barracks normally.

HQ AND SPT BN

BRIG CO.

Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune.

PFC/USMC/060310-Current

Basicly..my slump has been this year and last year( unfortunatly I have to admit...IM YOUNG!!! 14 years old <.< . Anyways my worst years were 7th and 6th grade, runescape actually became like"known" in my school around 4th grade, I didnt play but I knewit was there. 5th grade still knew it was there, kinda had a decent amount of freinds. 6th grade...everything fell apart. I got fat :( , freinds moved away, basicly I knew no one closely so I was kinda a loser <.< . Then god told said" let this boy know about runescape :shock: ." Well this was more good and well...more bad. Most of the technically"cool" kids quit runescape within like a month or two of playing it so it was considered lame. I really didnt talk to anyone from school on runescape(even though I knew plenty of them played. School began for 7th grade...not many freinds, still fat etc etc. I began finally making more freinds!!! O:) , then came the thing that would make my school year horrible... One of my freinds did infact play rs( new to me cause i never knew). He saw me playing then of course told lots of other people I played. They added me, annoyed me etc. Then they figured out I was rich <.< . Greeeeeeeeeeat....I got 50m and I got a buntch of nerds that just figured out I was rich( apparently other than me the only other rich kid in the school had like 1m tops). The next few weeks in school I was bombarded by nerds talking to me and asking for free stuff. Yup there goes whatever popularity I had left, there goes what little chance I have of getting some form of a girlfreind(yup sad eh?) for that year. Well the ignore button served handy cause I told everyone I quite and just ignored EVERYONE I knew. Saved me a bit cause most of them left me in peace. School never got better, I did average with grades as I finished my school year off. SUMMER TIME! Well...idk really what to do, or how I'm going to go about fixing this. I have been steadily losing weight(I am better than I was 2 years ago). I mean I hate to sound that sad but if anyone could give me a little advice I'd be all ears. I still have a few freinds I talk to and do stuff with but not how many I should really have.

THis may be sad but...Help plz? :pray:

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png