I don't believe it

JoeDaStudd

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which animal does bacon come from?

• Cow
    • Chicken
    • Pig
    • Sheep
    • Other
    • No idea
  2. 2. Are eggs a necessary ingredient in bread?

• Yes
    • No
    • No idea
  3. 3. Do oats grow on trees?

• Yes
    • No
    • No idea

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting slightly if not completely off the topic so hide tags ftw.

[hide=replies to riku3220 and warri0r45]

So what about you? Are you planning on growing all of your fruits and vegetables and grains?

Fruit and veg I have done before and still do the odd bits and pieces in a green house. Grains I don't have a enough land where I currently live, but if I change countries like I plan to its a high possibility.

My point was more of the killing of the animal(s), of course there welfare would be a concern anyway.

Would I like a lamb for meat? No.

Would I go into a field and harvest some grain for some bread, some lettuce for a salad and an apple for afters? Yes.

How does not wanting to kill what you eat make you a hypocrite? It's like saying you're a hypocrite if you get surgery but aren't willing to perform it yourself.

If someone told you you wouldn't be able to have the surgery without you learn how to do it and was willing to perform it on someone. Would you be willing to learn and perform it?

If someone told you you couldn't eat meat without you learn how to kill the animal required and was willing to do it. Would you be willing to learn and perform it?

*Take the surgery as cosmetic and not life threatening.

Animal -> is killed ->becomes meat -> eaten

If you don't kill the animal it can't be eaten.

A different example

You -> work -> get paid -> buy items

Cut out the work and you don't get paid meaning you can't buy things.

So wouldn't it be ironic if I was to I was to want the items without working.

So maybe hypocrite was a slightly the wrong choice of word, but it still stands. If you not willing to work for the result, don't have the result.

Too many people forget to get this

lamb_meat.jpg

You need to kill this

derwent_lamb_470x354.jpg[/hide]

Keep the votes and comments going.

O and no cow bacon yet?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

So maybe hypocrite was a slightly the wrong choice of word, but it still stands. If you not willing to work for the result, don't have the result.

If you need to, sure. But the reality is that we have people who are payed to do that for us. Are you willing to make your own refrigerator? Your own car? Your own TV? Your own house? I'm certainly not, because I can pay someone with the adequate skills to do it for me and doing it myself would be impossible. Am I not deserving of these things? Of course I am, because I give people money for these things. This is how the economy works, and there's nothing wrong with that, whether it's to do with where we get our food or where we get anything else.

I got the bread and the pork one right, but how the hell am I supposed to know oats come from trees? There aren't any "oat farms" within like a 1000 mile radius of me. I've never seen an oat plant. I guess in Britain they are more common though.

So what's your take on the elderly, young, and handicapped? Just let them all starve? Some people don't have the means to acquire things the hard way. I don't think it makes it "wrong" to take the shortcut and just go to grocery stores.

As far as the killing animal thing goes, there are plenty of species who will hunt and then share their catch with their family. You don't have to kill it to deserve it. That principal is found even amongst animals. We need to eat to survive. If that means taking shortcuts, sure, why not?

I only knew the oat's one really from Farmville :-#

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I only knew the oat's one really from Farmville :-#

Once again, video games teach us an important lesson. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Call me crazy but if you don't know where something comes from then I don't think you should really be eating it.

Haha, why?

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Unless they were to actually make those foods, it's just useless information.

Seriously; unless you are Bill Gates or whoever made Apple, (or Linux) get off your computer smartass.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I remember ages back a survey showed a lot of youth here in Belgium don't know the boiling point of water. Don't remember exact figures, but I think it was around 20-25%.

That's wierd. On celcius, it's kind of just right there. In Fahrenheit it might be a little harder since it's not a major number or anything, but still, that's wierd.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

3/3 with zero hesitation, that's what growing up in the Midwest gets me I guess. As for not eating something if you don't know what's in it, as long as I know it's safe to eat and it tastes good, I don't care what's in it.

But seriously, people not knowing what's common knowledge to most isn't anything surprising - if you want some more examples of this just go play Conquiztador (www.conquiztador.com - btw it's also a fun game and you learn A LOT provided you retain some of it). But yeah, basically it just asks you and whoever else is playing a question, some of them are hard, some are average difficulty, and some are down right easy...and there will be people who are way off on common sense questions.

*If you want visual evidence of some of the idiots that exist in the world today - www.peopleofwalmart.com :razz:

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I remember ages back a survey showed a lot of youth here in Belgium don't know the boiling point of water. Don't remember exact figures, but I think it was around 20-25%.

That's wierd. On celcius, it's kind of just right there. In Fahrenheit it might be a little harder since it's not a major number or anything, but still, that's wierd.

Don't take it as a fact, I just vaguely remember seeing this on the news two or so years back, and can't find something on it on Google. It might've just been my memory screwing up.