Zammy spear

Umoria

Well, I hear alot of good things about the zamarokian spear. And Basiclly the price is comming down atm, so I maybe grab me one.

But on wich tasks is the zammy spear the best weapon to use? (Slayer tasks that is).

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Waterfiends.

Also good for meleeing metal drags if you have super anti-fires. As its best stab wep and drags weak to stab.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Dragons if you have access to super antifire potions, aquanites and gargoyles (questionable but still widely used). waterfiends are a given, although there might be some more I'm forgetting.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Well, as soon as I hit 75 I will go Kuradel, and end up with waterfiends (I unblock them) and living rock creatures.

No access to super anti fires yet, but hey, that will come.

I love you guys :thumbsup:

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Zamorakian spear uses:

Generally: All monsters weak to stab. It's also one of best crush weapons (same accuracy and speed as Abyssal whip but in "CRUSH").

Corporeal beast (stab) and Waterfiends (crush)

Dragons (Stab - 85 Herblore required):

King Black, Mithril, Steel and Iron dragons.

Black, Red and Blue dragons.

It's also good for killing Spiritual mages, for the Zamorakian protection and the +2 prayer bonus.

+2 Prayer bonus:

This +2 prayer bonus could be handy when you kill with Piety or Turmoil. I bet it would matter most at Iron dragons, considering their defence is weakened even more because of their stab weak bonus. So it results in a fast kill without protection prayers but just Piety/Turmoil.

85 Herblore

Get 80 Herblore, from there grow yourself a Wily hellcat:

1) Grow a kitten into a grown cat

2) Make your cat eat couple hellrats to make it become a Hellcat.

3) Let the grown cat be outside your inventory/bank for 4 hours

*After that time it will grow into a Overgrown cat*

4) Take your Overgrown hellcat to Felkrash in the Rat Pits in Port Sarim. Ask her to "train" your cat into a "Wily" one (Rat catchers quest NEEDED)

5) Congratulations, you now got the most fiercest cat in whole Runescape: A Wily hellcat. It has 70% success catch rate, and can also catch kalphite larvas and butterflies.

NEXT STEP

1) Use your Wily hellcat to catch hellrats for "Brown spices". Get a full bag of brown spices (4) (mix 1, 2 and 3 doses into 4).

2) Use your (4) spices on stews, which will give you spicy stews. You need to use 3 spices on each stew.

*This stew can then either give you a level boost of +6 or level decrease of -6 in the skills: Woodcutting, Herblore, Fishing, Mining or Farming*

3) Once you get +6 Herblore boost, make yourself Super antifires!

Good luck with that, it will take you days....

And even when u get it you'll only make like 4 or 5 pots b4 u drop

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Good luck with that, it will take you days....

73-89 Herblore took me over 20 days, and over 105M CASH. So no matter how much time it will take, this is a alternative if you don't got money for the last +5 herblore level.

I don't think anyone mentioned Corp. Pretty good there too.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Iron dragons are better with whip and defender/DFS than zammy spear. Even SGS is faster.

Yes, I tested it with super anti-fires.

That makes me doubt that Abyssal whip with Rune defender is better.

Well, whip and rune defender was even a lot faster than zammy spear. No competition. The defense of Irons is apparently not that high to warrant the stab attack over the better slash bonuses of whip and defender.

In fact I was bitterly disappointed with the performance of the zammy spear. i worked my way to super antifires for the specific reason I could rip through metal dragons with a zammy spear. Then I go there and notice the spear isn't ripping at all.

And then I compare it with whip and defender..and that does rip a lot better.

See my original topic

http://forum.tip.it/topic/252735-stab-myth-metal-dragons/page__view__findpost__p__4002545

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I don't think anyone mentioned Corp. Pretty good there too.

The question was about Slayer tasks, that's why noone mentioned Corpy :P

but it's also great for Aquanites, however, if you use Kuradal as your slayer master you won't get them assigned so it won't matter.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Iron dragons are better with whip and defender/DFS than zammy spear. Even SGS is faster.

Yes, I tested it with super anti-fires.

That makes me doubt that Abyssal whip with Rune defender is better.

Well, whip and rune defender was even a lot faster than zammy spear. No competition. The defense of Irons is apparently not that high to warrant the stab attack over the better slash bonuses of whip and defender.

In fact I was bitterly disappointed with the performance of the zammy spear. i worked my way to super antifires for the specific reason I could rip through metal dragons with a zammy spear. Then I go there and notice the spear isn't ripping at all.

And then I compare it with whip and defender..and that does rip a lot better.

See my original topic

http://forum.tip.it/topic/252735-stab-myth-metal-dragons/page__view__findpost__p__4002545

Well that's odd, I saw a level 122 killing irons with a spear, and they were killing them about 3X faster then the level 137 next to them, who was using a whip and DFS. The spear holder hit almost constant 20+

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Living rock creatures too. Crush option.

LRC's have very low defense. Better to use a whip and a dfs to keep from taking so much damage.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Z spear RIPPED iron dragons apart, last task I had. It worked like a charm. But I was also turmoiling, and using slayer helm.

Also, Z spear<Whip+defender for zammy mages.

And Sirhemen, how could it take you 20 DAYS? Herblore is quite fast xp.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Z spear RIPPED iron dragons apart, last task I had. It worked like a charm. But I was also turmoiling, and using slayer helm.

Also, Z spear<Whip+defender for zammy mages.

And Sirhemen, how could it take you 20 DAYS? Herblore is quite fast xp.

Herblore itself is:

Vial+herb, herb uinfinished potion + secondary = POTION

Buying uinfinished and using with secondary is maybe fast, but if you do it the real way it's not.

Uinfinished potions don't sell easily as far as i know, that might have changed though but i doubt it.

But it took me around 20 days, that's just a estimated guess though. But i defintly would say Herblore would take at least 10 days if you do it the usual way.