POLL: Will you play the new game by Jagex Publishing, War of Legends?

Cowman_133

I played Travian for a while, well enough to be targeted for a conquering.... and lost the battle as I was at the doctors for the event in real time. I found myself unable to be philosophical about the loss, so rather than whine about how unfair it all was, because pvp really is a necessary part of the mechanics of those games, I've deleted from RTSGs for good.

A game like runescape allows me to enter into pvp how and when I want to and log out knowing my character will be as I left it whether a minute or a year passes.

That was a no from me :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played evony, hithere.com, and a few others that strangely were all very similar to each other. Anyone who played evony knows the sort of problems it had when it was first released. Poor customer service, players not getting items they paid for, servers going down, super slow load times and proported malware etc.. It was an effin joke as far as quality gaming goes, and this type of game ranks of evony all over again. Call it Evony version x.2 if you will. I am shocked and surprised that Jagex made the decision to publish this game. Have they had their heads in the sand?? Do they not know how many gamers came to despise Evony because of the cheap adverts flaunting scantly clad females which had absolutely nothing to do with the game, and the lousy service? Or do they know something that we don't? Is this type of game THAT popular?? I just don't get it. In my opinion this is an epic fail for Jagex as far as investing in a game that will turn out for the long run. To me it seems like Jagex is out for the quick buck, which is strange as I don't perceive them as that type of company. At least I used not to, but with a move like this, one wonders... :???:

And oh yea, one last thing. PAY TO CHAT????? :shame:

ack, dont remind me of that fail that is evony adverts. i mean really, "this game looks like it has nuthing intresting, ect blah, HAY LOOK AT THEESE ...

anyway maybe jagex was testing new game types, and/or paying systems. this might just be a test for the long run.

btw about the pay to talk thing, it really was for the best, how the "world" chat works is that everything a player says in world chat is on that chat no mater where you are in the game, with a server of max 5000 people that would be very spamy even if chat was rather low.

and its not like you HAVE to pay, horns can be goten by meany means (ok, so all other methods are not very cost efect and slow, but it still can be done). but when it comes to aliance chat or pm's its totaly free.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

To the pay to chat thing: I have over 100 horns and I barely use them. Alliance and private chat is still free so no real problem.

The real pain will be "the more you pay the better you are" thing. Labour bill is a very strong item which will give you a huge advantage over other players. Also JCreds are too expensive. The labour bill normaly costs ~5$ and gives you a 3 days advantage (it's on discount now but who knows how long). To be on top you'll have to pay a ton per month, more than any MMO out there.

Also to the whole Evony copy thing: The real mother of this type of game is OGame which is ten times better. I played OGame for more than 4 years and if WoL wants to be succesful they have to change many basic things, e.g. high buildings are too cheap, ressources aren't equally used (stone will be worth nothing later on) and there will be a point once a player has done everything. Also new players will have a hard time to compete.

I'll see how the game envolves but I'll probably leave it once it's released.

[404] Signature not found.

I have been playing every day since the beta was released. I love this game!

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85