Blogging- Why should people care?

foursideking

I've been looking around r/s and the fan sites, and everyone seems to be interested in blogging about their progress. Now, at first I semi-liked the idea, having people share their progress with others, but after that adventurer' log thing came out, the question is: Why should we still care about the old blogs? If people truly want to see the progress, they can easily check it in the adventurer's log rather than having to read about it in 5-10 paragraphs....

div>

I've been looking around r/s and the fan sites, and everyone seems to be interested in blogging about their progress. Now, at first I semi-liked the idea, having people share their progress with others, but after that adventurer' log thing came out, the question is: Why should we still care about the old blogs? If people truly want to see the progress, they can easily check it in the adventurer's log rather than having to read about it in 5-10 paragraphs....

Runescape blogging is, and has always been extremely stupid. the only interesting blogs are probably the top 5% of those who ARE achieving amazing things. not those who WANT to achieve amazing things or who blog about getting 99 cooking and playing castle wars.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

agreed

attention seekers with too much time on their hands, most likely lacking a rl output for their boring thoughts

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

As a past blogger, I can say that blogging is a huge motivator. To be able to see my goals and achievements written out by myself and have people support me greatly motivated me to continue with my goals. It is true that most people aren't all that interested in reading blogs unless the player sets outrageous goals that they are likely to achieve.. but when that is the case, people are interested in seeing details on how that progress is made. Hearing it come from someone rather than an automated system and having that someone share their experiences is more interesting than just reading a list of to-the-point achievements in the Adventurer's Log.

Blogging is more than just finding out the facts on how much progress was made and in what skill.. it's about sharing experiences that are not documented in the Adventurer's Log and motivating each other.

So there are plenty of people who care, but since you don't, then don't read them ;)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

As a past blogger, I can say that blogging is a huge motivator. To be able to see my goals and achievements written out by myself and have people support me greatly motivated me to continue with my goals. It is true that most people aren't all that interested in reading blogs unless the player sets outrageous goals that they are likely to achieve.. but when that is the case, people are interested in seeing details on how that progress is made. Hearing it come from someone rather than an automated system and having that someone share their experiences is more interesting than just reading a list of to-the-point achievements in the Adventurer's Log.

Blogging is more than just finding out the facts on how much progress was made and in what skill.. it's about sharing experiences that are not documented in the Adventurer's Log and motivating each other.

So there are plenty of people who care, but since you don't, then don't read them ;)

This.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

buy a diary / tell your spouse

i can imagine it now, runescape pillow talk

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

buy a diary / tell your spouse

i can imagine it now, runescape pillow talk

What's your problem with friends encouraging each other? Why is that such a terrible thing? If you don't like blogs, don't visit them, it's as simple as that. But some people enjoy them and are motivated by them. It's not like they affect you in any way.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

What's your problem with friends encouraging each other? Why is that such a terrible thing? If you don't like blogs, don't visit them, it's as simple as that. But some people enjoy them and are motivated by them. It's not like they affect you in any way.

the amount of bloggers who come off as pretentious 'hey look at me, ive got a unique insight, over here, me, look at ME!' 's evidently spoil it for the rest

Rock_Hard.png

I don't rag on you for putting your GOALS AND ACHIEVEMENTS in your signature, for all of Tip.it to see. One could argue that you're just doing it to show off. How is that much different from blogging about it? If you want to keep track of your goals and achievements you could just do it in a text file on your computer. Why put it in your signature?

Posted Image

I don't rag on you for putting your GOALS AND ACHIEVEMENTS in your signature, for all of Tip.it to see. One could argue that you're just doing it to show off. How is that much different from blogging about it? If you want to keep track of your goals and achievements you could just do it in a text file on your computer. Why put it in your signature?

hahaha got me

i dont really care about this issue, i was bored

sorry ;)

Rock_Hard.png

the amount of bloggers who come off as pretentious 'hey look at me, ive got a unique insight, over here, me, look at ME!' 's evidently spoil it for the rest

There are a lot of pretentious bloggers out there, but I think you'll find most Runescape bloggers do it more for themselves than for others. They like to see their progress over the years. They put it online with the hope that someone else might see their progress and say "Oh, I didn't think of that as a leveling option."

I keep all of my written work to see how my writing skills have improved over the years, I don't think of that as pretentious.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

First of all, F2P have no access to Adventurer's Log. Just like to point that out.

Secondly, I created my own because I like to see my personal progress. I've also learned to use paint this way. I don't really care if others see it or not.

And lastly, why should we care about you?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Personally, I find blogs a huge motivation, They make me want to continue with my own goals and give my inperation to try new things. They're also mini guides in their own right, they show people how they are doing one thing and let others follow instead of keeping things to them selves.

dzuz3d.jpg

It's the adventurer's log with a social networking feature. The personality of the writer makes it much more fun to read than "I've reached level 87 in the Hitpoints skill"

Pointless, but no more than, say, everything else in the game. Seriously, does anyone play for FUN anymore? :wall:

does anyone play for FUN anymore?

everything i do is for fun ;)

Rock_Hard.png

does anyone play for FUN anymore?

everything i do is for fun ;)

Ever since I was diagnosed RSI (the starting stage, not progressive), all I do in RS is purely for fun. I can't and won't grind to things I want to achieve if I don't enjoy the process. I keep a blog. The reason why I keep one, is because I love to share my story. My opinion and my experiences count. Even if nobody reads them, I get to enjoy them again as I write them and think about them once more.

''Hey I got 88 strenght today, that was pretty fun to get! Afterwards I got a slayer helmet, seeing I hit that 36 on the next task was awesome!''

I love to enjoy myself again and read back on what I've done. Like keeping a real-life journal. Nobody will ever read that (you think), but you get to overthink what you've done.

Also, lots of people enjoy reading what others achieve, it is in human nature to be curious about things. Perhaps see what you can do, how you can do it. Wether it is fun or not... You name it, blogs got it!

PS. the comments allow you to show your opinion.. big part of interactive blogging.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

hahaha got me

i dont really care about this issue, i was bored

sorry ;)

Bloody hell, why is it that two trolls today have posted that they posted because they were bored. Is this seriously the cause of trolling? Boredom? I prefer idiocy over boredom.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Bloody hell, why is it that two trolls today have posted that they posted because they were bored. Is this seriously the cause of trolling? Boredom? I prefer idiocy over boredom.

dont rule out my deep seated rl psychological instability

:^_^:

Rock_Hard.png

dont rule out my deep seated rl psychological instability

:^_^:

Well you troll for fun don't you? That's bloody awesome.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Because maybe there are other reasons to keep a blog up? I've always had my daily blog since I started membership. What do I post there? My questing adventures. I go there in the end of a day and post what quest I've done that day, how much fun I've had, my opinion on it. Well I've got the quest cape once and now I don't quest as much so I don't post. Can the Adventurer's log do that? I don't think so. Do I care if people read or not? No, it's mostly there for myself to look back at later on and remember good times.

Then again, if some people like to post their everyday skilling achievements even though the Adventurer's log already does so, then let it be, nobody's forcing you to read them.

signaturemw.png

PWNED.

OT: I used to keep a blog, but it started to feel like a waste of time... had to practically beg for replies in clan chat and I was putting a lot of effort into updating it and all for a few replies of 'grats' or 'good luck' or something. In the end I realised more time spent blogging was less time spent actually achieving the goals I'd set for myself.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Or like me, you want it to be zazzy and funny to read. Not like Runescape's: "I have now got 10,000,000 Experience in Defence."

I used to have a blog though, but I just couldn't always remember to consistently update it and would get smacked to the depths of the Undernet due to popular people just typing . all the time and bumping it all down.

Popoto.~<3