Machines of War

Dizzle229

I am willing to put hard cash on the CO of the dude who is in that dual machine gun video having shat bricks when he saw it. What sort of f*cking MORON would do that?!?!?! Looked cool as Hell, but still!

Yea, it does worry me when people like that are representing our countries, and expected to uphold our highest moral standards in life or death situations.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a problem with it. He was at a range and they probably had extra ammo. He's got good control of the weapons. Ever shot a 249 SAW? Its basically shooting an M16 on a continuous 3 round burst...its pretty weak compared to other weapon systems. Same ammo, same kick. The weapon is meant to be hand carried anyway. Weighs 22lbs each loaded, though with the boxes add a bit more. Meh.

Its not as unsafe as it may seem. Much more impressive, 240's.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I don't see a problem with it. He was at a range and they probably had extra ammo. He's got good control of the weapons. Ever shot a 249 SAW? Its basically shooting an M16 on a continuous 3 round burst...its pretty weak compared to other weapon systems. Same ammo, same kick. The weapon is meant to be hand carried anyway. Weighs 22lbs each loaded, though with the boxes add a bit more. Meh.

OK, I admit that I really don't have that much knowledge of firearms: I know the difference between semi-auto and bolt action, but aside from that...

But still, all if would take is for him to lose control of the gun(s), and some really bad stuff could obviously happen.

But really, why take the risk, no matter how minor, and with military equipment wasting taxpayer-financed ammo, it really does seem stupid to me.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

So you mean to say that our troops over there shouldn't be allowed to relax and blow off a little steam by doing something pretty cool? I would love to see you try what they are doing. And all it would take to stop shooting... is to let go of the trigger. It isn't like they are playing hot potato with a live grenade. And bullets really don't cost all that much.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

So you mean to say that our troops over there shouldn't be allowed to relax and blow off a little steam by doing something pretty cool? I would love to see you try what they are doing. And all it would take to stop shooting... is to let go of the trigger. It isn't like they are playing hot potato with a live grenade. And bullets really don't cost all that much.

First of all, I am Canadian, and yes, we are currently fielding troops in Kandahar. However, they are not "our troops" but soldiers deployed by both the United States and Canada.

I agree, they should be able to relax. But playing with firearms is not the only thing that can enable them to do that.

And are you really trying to say that it's acceptable to play with a weapon because you can take your finger off of the trigger? By that logic, there would never be an injury resulting from the use of an automatic weapon.

OK, I admit that I really don't have that much knowledge of firearms: I know the difference between semi-auto and bolt action, but aside from that...

But still, all if would take is for him to lose control of the gun(s), and some really bad stuff could obviously happen.

But really, why take the risk, no matter how minor, and with military equipment wasting taxpayer-financed ammo, it really does seem stupid to me.

The ammo is already paid for. Its in allotments so its not like you can take 10 boxes to the range, shoot 6 and sell the rest back. It doesn't work that way. All it does is just give more ammo back to the armory so most units just finish shooting it. And surplus ammo isn't THAT expensive, especially a small common caliber like 5.56mm NATO.

First of all, I am Canadian, and yes, we are currently fielding troops in Kandahar. However, they are not "our troops" but soldiers deployed by both the United States and Canada.

I agree, they should be able to relax. But playing with firearms is not the only thing that can enable them to do that.

And are you really trying to say that it's acceptable to play with a weapon because you can take your finger off of the trigger? By that logic, there would never be an injury resulting from the use of an automatic weapon.

If you've never been over there trust me, theres not much to do to relax. Especially when they are cutting back ammenities on bases and sending them home. It gets insanely boring over there, like...prison boring.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Could you do that Kriegs? It looks hard... Also, do you get your gun when you join, or do you buy it before, or what? And do you get to keep it?

Could you do that Kriegs? It looks hard... Also, do you get your gun when you join, or do you buy it before, or what? And do you get to keep it?

Probably, but they are quite heavy compared to the M249s. You get issued weapons at each station you go to. I got one at bootcamp, and then one at my unit i'm with now. They are all serialized and you must remember your serial number. No you cannot purchase your weapon after you get out, the government won't sell you and full auto weapon. Used to be able to purchase your military weapon after service during WWII and before that, but now...no.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Wow, that dual wield M240 is epic, I wonder if you could propel a shopping cart/anything else with wheels by attaching those to the back lol.

You may have heard of this invention called the car, it accomplishes the same thing far more efficiently without leaving a trail of death in its wake.

Ok, so no where near as cool, but still.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Wow, that dual wield M240 is epic, I wonder if you could propel a shopping cart/anything else with wheels by attaching those to the back lol.

You may have heard of this invention called the car, it accomplishes the same thing far more efficiently without leaving a trail of death in its wake.

Ok, so no where near as cool, but still.

humvee_tow_top1.jpg

Humvee. Car with a death spewing weapon on top. Everything you could ever love.

300px-Lockheed_Martin_F-22A_Raptor_JSOH.jpg

It's been my dream to be an F-22 pilot since I was about 6 years old. Unfortunately it's a dream I'll never reach.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

That is plain awesome. Do they still make those? And if you find ammo for it, would it work or is it just a replica?

Just to contribute myself:

p-90.jpg

This weapon just looks plain weird lol.

But the P90 is a unique wepaon. Has a massive box magazine that hold I think 50 rounds? Would love to own something like that.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

That is plain awesome. Do they still make those? And if you find ammo for it, would it work or is it just a replica?

p-90.jpg

They don't make them, but you can easily buy them surplus. Still shootable. This one is fully functional and can shoot pretty much any normal .30-06 round. I actually have another one ordered and on the way as well. :D

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

p-90.jpg

They don't make them, but you can easily buy them surplus. Still shootable. This one is fully functional and can shoot pretty much any normal .30-06 round. I actually have another one ordered and on the way as well. :D

Lol, are they that cheap? Are you planning on actually using them on a firing range or will they be hanging somewhere in your house?

They will serve both purposes, shooting and then hanging. Cheap? Eh, relatively...at least the way I look at it and compared to most of the black rifles yes. For a lot of people no i doubt they are cheap. $500-600 range each.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg