Machines of War

Dizzle229

I'm not good with thread introductions, but here goes. Post pics of military equipment. This includes small arms, vehicles, etc...

Since the forum scales down pics to not stretch the page, hide tags shouldn't be needed unless you post a long string of pics.

a-10_1.jpg

USS_Theodore_Roosevelt_CVN_71_Aircr.jpg

1264968951645.gif

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that third one... other cars around it got wtfpwned for no reason

What do you expect? A magical laser with super accuracy? Civilians are going to die, nothing you can do about it but try and minimalize it. WWII era weapons would have taken out the entire street.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

You guys are weak.

DX3040Close.jpg

The true weapon of a man. Though one could argue that's one's bare fists. Or a tamed bear's fists.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

is this considered trolling? After all it is "War machine"!

war_machine.jpg

Cool pictures so far though, I've always loved the P40 Warhawks

curtiss-p40-warhawk.jpg

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

is this considered trolling? After all it is "War machine"!

war_machine.jpg

Troll. :shame:

Now this isn't an exact "weapon" but more of the aftermath w/ a twist...

Clown-Mushroom-Cloud.jpg

mushroom_cloud_hydrogen_bomb1.gif

Despite the damage and horror these bombs create mushroom clouds are kinda cool looking.

tFtfA.jpg

WWII era weapons would have taken out the entire street...

...four blocks down.

ARTILLERY TIEM!!!11

DSC00978.JPG

49753285.EastCoast458.jpg

100_0405_00.jpg

Definition of overkill and awesome:

TheTsarCannonJuly2004.jpg

"Secret Weapons over Normandy" ...

azbaye.jpg

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What do you expect? A magical laser with super accuracy? Civilians are going to die, nothing you can do about it but try and minimalize it. WWII era weapons would have taken out the entire street.

I would expect a little restraint. It wouldn't have killed the pilot to wait a second or two for the civilian traffic to move (as it seemed to have passing the vehicle at the time).

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I feel that this should be combined with the 'pictures of hot women' thread, thus creating the ultimate source of mirth for men.

It would be titled, simply, 'Mirth for Men'.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

I would expect a little restraint. It wouldn't have killed the pilot to wait a second or two for the civilian traffic to move (as it seemed to have passing the vehicle at the time).

Actually, if I remember correctly from the article that .gif is from, all three of those cars were involved in a car chase. And if you look at the video, it's clear that there are three separate explosions, which would imply that the firing was concentrated and purposeful.

That, or some civilians got [bleep]ed up. One of the two. I prefer to think of the first one - even if I'm totally wrong, I doubt I'll find out for sure.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I feel that this should be combined with the 'pictures of hot women' thread, thus creating the ultimate source of mirth for men.

It would be titled, simply, 'Mirth for Men'.

What? You want a woman giving the F22 a car wash while eating a cheeseburger?

----

@Lent:

"Goddammit! Who the hell put the cluster bombs in here? I asked for a single, I repeat S-I-N-G-L-E, explosion!"

They could have also been a bunch of Islamic extremists, and the military just somehow did something to set their vests off in unison.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

[hide]

[/hide]

Actually, if I remember correctly from the article that .gif is from, all three of those cars were involved in a car chase. And if you look at the video, it's clear that there are three separate explosions, which would imply that the firing was concentrated and purposeful.

That, or some civilians got [bleep]ed up. One of the two. I prefer to think of the first one - even if I'm totally wrong, I doubt I'll find out for sure.

Well if it's aimed at all 3 then that is an entirely different scenario.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Bigberthasayswhat?

bbmain.jpg

Boom. Boom. Firepower.

But there is a better metal snake: Tsar Bomba

Tsar_photo11.jpg

Instant. Sunrise.

I loves me nuclear types. Let's take a look at some nice submarines. How about the Soviet Akula-class?

akula1.jpg

Mmm, tasty. That's a real shark right there. Let's take another look.

akula_ssn_sharky.jpg

Yes ma'am, may I have another, ma'am? Mmmm-hmm.

But of course nothing would be complete without the USS Seawolf.

USS_Seawolf_%28SSN-575%29_underway_02.jpg

Them right there's the SSN-575, 3rd sub in the Seawolf class.

Well, those are all well and good, but what about aircraft carriers? Well, what about them? [bleep] those guys. Battleships!

300px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

USS Iowa, [bleep]. Museum ship now, but look at that. Look at it!

Aaaaaand that's my contribution. For now.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif