85 Herblore

Unknown_Warrior

On impulse, I've decided I wanted 85 Herblore.

What would be the best method of doing this? I'd also prefer if the ingredients were actually buyable.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I bought grimy herbs, cleaned them, then sold back for a profit. It makes herblore profitable, but it's also very time consuming. If you are the type who likes to loiter around the GE, it can be a good method.

You should grow as many of your herbs as you can. It's a method of wealth accumulation that can run in the background while you do other things. Even if you just make one run a day, you've saved yourself a little money.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

<_<

45M, but I'd prefer not to spend much of it. So up to 15-20M is my max.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

so you need about 900k xp til 85

as of today:

summoning potions are ~22 gp/xp if you buy unf potions

~20 gp/xp if you go with clean herbs

super strengths are ~24 gp/xp if you buy unf potions

21 gp/xp if you buy clean herbs

clean avantoes -> super energy are at 19.5 gp/xp

that's really the cheaper end of the buyable xp spectrum

prayer potions(2) -> prayer mix(2) makes 10gp/xp profit, BUT prayer mix(2) probably don't sell, you'd have to use it as junk, that and the potions are not Make-X

I got 99 herblore making barbarian mixes. If you buy prayer potions as (2) dose or get other people to make them into 2 dose for you, I could make ~ 4000 mixes per hour

Lack of Make-X means barbarian mixes can be very fast experience... but I personally quit RS for 6 months after finishing 99 herblore, due to wrist pain from having to click over 10k times per hour

additionally you may want to consider making weapon poison++

nightshade isnt buyable as you would like, but it's 20k xp/hour @ profit so ~45 hours to 85. Currently the profit is at 16 gp/xp, but typically it's higher than that.

Naaxi.png

I just spent about 60M a few days ago on 84 herb. I bought unf avantoe and fungi. 230K exp/hr at ~26gp/exp, although super energies were selling for max instantly just as I was finishing up, so it might be cheaper now.

If you do super energies you can then make spec restore pots and use those if you do combat often. They come in handy if you need to spec to restore HP or get some extra hits on a boss.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I bought grimy herbs, cleaned them, then sold back for a profit. It makes herblore profitable, but it's also very time consuming. If you are the type who likes to loiter around the GE, it can be a good method.

You should grow as many of your herbs as you can. It's a method of wealth accumulation that can run in the background while you do other things. Even if you just make one run a day, you've saved yourself a little money.

Got any recommendation for a grimy herb that is relatively easy to buy and relatively easy to sell clean?

I don't want to buya grimy herb and see it crash - losing me more money than I would if I just made potions.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Got any recommendation for a grimy herb that is relatively easy to buy and relatively easy to sell clean?

All herbs are cleaned in the same manner, so you could just look at the prices of grimy versus clean herbs at a period of time and clean them in smaller batches to help minimize your risk.

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't want to buya grimy herb and see it crash - losing me more money than I would if I just made potions.

Just start with the highest herb you can clean. Check the GE & buy a few thousand if the cleans are higher that grimies. Market conditions change from day to day.

IOW, don't go buying hundreds of thousands of any 1 type of grimy herbs in 1 batch.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours