RIP OLD SCHOOL

polo2340

No, removing free trade was a copout by Jagex because they didn't want to change the way they give membership.

Ignorance running three years strong. Usual talking points by people who still don't understand at the faintest distance the progression of events that lead to the 07 updates.

Problem was stolen credit cards. Change the way you sell membership and this isn't a problem.

e.g. sell membership cards at bestbuy or walmart. Problem solved.

Jagex was more concerned about their pocket book than the game. They'd rather keep those players who "can't"/won't drive to walmart to buy a card than keep the game.

Nice try, though.

No, removing free trade was a copout by Jagex because they didn't want to change the way they give membership.

Ignorance running three years strong. Usual talking points by people who still don't understand at the faintest distance the progression of events that lead to the 07 updates.

Problem was stolen credit cards. Change the way you sell membership and this isn't a problem.

Jagex was more concerned about their pocket book than the game. They'd rather keep those players who "can't"/won't drive to walmart to buy a card than keep the game.

Nice try, though.

There would be problems with people playing in other countries. But yes ther would be ways around this.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Nice try, though.

Jagex is a British-based company and you immediately talk about walmart and bestbuy. This just clearly illuminates your excellent logic (or the lack thereof, rather).

Anyway, trivia aside, RWTers were exploiting people (sweatshops). Stolen credit cards/credit card fraud wasn't the only crime RWTers were committing.

You didn't even play RS1. How can you call yourself a veteran?

Honestly, RS hasn't changed with the years. More content has been added, but since RS2 came out it has been the same game at the core.

Any changes in RS have only been improvements. The G.E. is much preferable to standing in banks saying "buying dds 50k" for hours. Even removing the Wilderness as good because it got rid of all the bots. Don't you remember the 100 bots per yew trees in the free worlds and even bots at sharks in members' worlds?

If anything has changed, it's been you. If in 2004 you were in third grade, you'd be about 9 at the time. Now you're 15. You've been going through some of the largest changes in your life. Many teenagers will look back with nostalgia to their childhoods because they felt more innocent then and had more free time. So you look back on your early days of playing RS with fondness.

Either embrace RS as it is now, or move on. There are lots of opportunities for you moving forward, and I wish you the best.

That's pretty much true. I started playing RS in 4th grade, now i'm in 8th. It feels like the game has changed, but the only real change was that Grand Exchange (I still don't like it, honestly, why not just get the stuff from where they're put in the game).

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Nice try, though.

In Runes of Magic, there was a huge problem with gold farmers buying diamonds with stolen credit cards and stolen paypal accounts, and then selling them much in the way Runescape gold is sold. As a result, Frogster put a restriction that all diamonds purchased with credit cards and paypal accounts could not be sold on the auction house or traded to other players. Only diamonds purchased with game-cards could.

Barely a few months after this restriction, Frogster shut down diamond trading on the auction house completely, as they announced instances of fraudulent diamond trading had gone up, not down.

Jagex has already said that credit cards outweigh the other options so dramatically that cutting support for credit cards to utterly decimate Runescape as a viable game in the market, and would result in the loss of so many members that Jagex would ultimately end up severely laying off workers, if not shutting down completely. This is the 21st century, any online business that doesn't accept credit cards is going to be strung up and murdered financially.

So don't talk to me like I don't know what I'm talking about, because I actually go on fact rather than wildly trying to justify being a crybaby.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

well, as much as i would like to add my .02 in about ways RS could have done to fix RWT, i will refrain. after all this is not only about that, but RS "old school".

i admit, Jagex has made some changes that at first i disliked, but after using them, i changed my mind, POHs and summoning are examples. some changes i think were needed and long over due, make X is a grand example. yet again, some changes i wonder "what in the heck is jagex thinking!!!", the "ditch" comes to mind.

i imagine the OP is refering more to the last of my examples, who really whines about construction and summoning, and who in their right mind whine about make "x".

but....

i still cuss every time i need to hop the ditch or open a gate to get to the wildy (not that i go there often). i am still confused because jagex thinks that players are to lazy to do what many players have done before many skills were "dumbed" down. every single player who earned whatever skill they achieved has got to wonder "why did i try" at least once (i have, still do, almost daily).

how frustrating it is to work hard at a skill (i do not care what skill it is, if you look at it objectivly, all RS skills are "grinding" ) only to have it made much easier. i could list all the examples, but i will not, i will just use one, the one that really did come the closest to making me wonder why do i still try, agility.

when i first started, i HATED walking everywhere. i was so excited to find out that i could lengthen the time i could run, get over fences that made it easier to get to lumby swamp, i wanted to do these things so i looked into training my agility.

i did quests to open up training courses, i worked on my herblore to give me energy pots, i looked forward to the strange plant random, and i "grinded" out my agility levels. i soon found out, I HATED TRAINING AGILITY!!! but as i hated walking more and found shortcuts that would make my RS life so much easier, i continued earning my agility.

i never really worked really hard on it, but my levels did continue to rise, and i ended up getting about level 65 and a close friend suggested i work on getting my cape, so i started working a bit harder, got better, worked harder, etc.

i got to level 96 and started really working on it, almost non stop, only stoping when i thought my brain would explode or i needed pots, and got my agility cape!! i worked hard, i earned one of the most respected capes in all runescape, and was, i admit it, very darn proud.

well guess what happened about a month and a half later.... they "nerfed" agility!! yes i said it, "NERFED" agility. i can count the times i have played on f2p on one hand since becoming a member, so taking away my run ability on f2p doesnt bother me, all the other "updates" bug the snot out of me. yes i do feel like they cheapened agility, i felt like i had my guts ripped out. so what if i can run forever now? seems everyone can run forever . no need for energy pots anymore, i still needed energy pots with 99 in agility before the nerf now i dont even own an energy pot. now there are rewards for "grinding" that i need to earn, the only reward i needed was what i earned (again!! i never wanted to run agility again).

i know, change is needed. most the time, i kick and scream, but when i settle down, i tend to take advantage of the "easier" activities (kinda like, everybody else wont work to earn something, why the heck should i, attitude), but i do still wonder "why do i bother"? will the next skill i earn my levels in be given away next week? was i the stoopid one to try to earn the ability to make things, kill things, go places, only to see newer players given the ability to train easier, hence, being able to do what i do even it is just an "hour" quicker than i had to spend?

i know, i am not old school. but i wonder, why is it that players that jagex seems to cater to today are treated like they are less able to do the "grinding" that millions may have done before they started to play were able to do? is jagex calling me stoopid because i wanted to earn my skills, rather than whine they be made easier and or quicker? i ask myself that every dang time RS changes something that makes a skill easier.

i did not start playing RS just too have my hand held, i started playing because it was wide open and i did not need shortcuts that i was not willing to earn. i didnt need a safety belt, a gravestone, a grimy herb. i took my knocks, i got back up, i continued to play.

todays RS is not yesterdays RS. better or worse, i know which i prefered, but then again i am reminded of a button that reminds me of this exact topic. the button said....

"it isnt because i am old, todays music really does suck"

we all have fond memories of the first music that moved us, and we always seem to think those songs are the best and everything that comes later "sucks". maybe that is the way i fell about RS, i dont know for sure, but i bet it is.

we all are "old school" to the new players to the RS world. it doesnt mean it was better, it just means it was different.

nah!

who am i kidding?

the new stuff really does suck! :thumbsup:

No matter where you go, there you are.

StarTrekEnterprise1701A_freedesktopwallpaper_p-1.jpg

OK now so much has happened since the day I posted this thread. I can easily shove 2004-2006 behind. And that might sound shocking, but here is why. Well first of all about Runescape getting easier: some perfect examples are ivy and living rock caverns. But the thing is, they came out fairly recently. So now the problem is that Runescape is dive-bombing into a different dark age. For some reason I forgot what the post specifically said or something but I remembered that Mark Gherard or however it's spelled is the new CEO which means he is the head honcho. For some reason I thought Andrew still was and Mark was still under his position. But obviously since Mod Mark became CEO that is when these weird/stupid updates started up. Let's think about what updates have happened since I last looked at this thread:

-The hp (Constitution) update

-New Skill (Dungeoneering)

And besides those things I realized that Jagex wastes time coming out with stupid updates. Now I have been watching all of NightmareRH's videos, and he is certainly intelligent and I agree with most of his opinions. I noticed that with updates such as a new cursor, new hair cuts, weapon animations, the homepage, the forums (though I don't really know if I like or dislike it) etc. Jagex was just wasting time that could have been put into other important updates.

But anyway, the HP update didn't cause any real harm to Runescape other than us players having to get used to it. Because in the core combat system you are still hitting the same numbers they are just displayed more accurately now. But what does this mean to me? It looks like other games. The way Jagex updates the homepage to make them so flashy, that shows they are focused on making RS look like the average game. Dungeoneering is somewhat original, but the whole concept of dungeons in an MMO obviously isn't! I personally enjoy dungeoneering so I don't mind either way. But we can all see that Runescape is looking like other games now. But that isn't the problem itself, it's that Runescape is not supposed to be like other games. That was part of the reason I like(d) it was for the originality.

Another thing I've been thinking about is the new instant demo and the way the benefits/disadvantages of members/free are displayed. This shows to me that Jagex might need money. And of course you are thinking they make so much money off their subscribers, but running all the servers and what not is far more expensive than we (or at least I =P) can even imagine. So rumors/or just thoughts have been spreading that Jagex might close down Runescape. Now some people say this is because they see Stellar Dawn (formerly known as Mechscape) as a replacement of RS. And another theory is that the strange/ridiculous updates are just a warning of what is coming to us (weather it happens after or before Stellar Dawn).

One last little rumor is that Jagex mods were discussing selling RS to Blizzard or Microsoft. Supposedly a forum thread was accidentally not locked for a short time and some people caught it. This wouldn't be a surprise as Mod Andrew only said Runescape had years to come, not that Runescape will always be controlled by Jagex. And it seems most major (not sure what to call it, companies, programs, etc.) rarely stay with the same owners forever. And even if Jagex is still making money off of Runescape, they still could feel that enough accomplishments were made. And maybe selling RS would just be a quick move to avoid losing money. In other words Jagex sees they messed up and players are quitting so they get it off their shoulders. Now if Blizzard ran Runescape it would probably be awesome, just not original. But then again it might still be more enjoyable than it is at the moment. WoW is a great game after all, and Blizzard could probably adapt to Runescape and still keep some of its Runescape-ness.

And we all know how rumors are in the Runescape Community, just remember "Sailing-the new skill". So these are still just ideas. But overall, I've focused my attention on this current mess rather then what this thread was about. But maybe Stellar Dawn will have it's own "good ol' days". I'm looking forward to it, I hope it's good.

They were just examples. Obviously they wouldn't be limited to those stores.

They could have fixed the sweatshops by IP banning southeast asia.

No offence, but that's just [developmentally delayed]ED.

Sorry for using caps, but seriously, what you're saying is just complete [cabbage].

1. Sweatshops aren't even concentrated in Southeast Asia. They are mostly in China.

2. IP banning a whole region is just ridiculous. It clearly shows just how much thought (or the lack thereof) went into your statements. Is that FAIR to the people living there and playing RuneScape? It's plain absurd to black out a region just because many illegal activities occur there. By your logic the US should also be blacklisted worldwide since violent crimes are widespread there.

Seriously, of all the idiotic solutions I've seen, this one completely beats the lot of them.

-------------

And Polo2340, your speculations are really absurd IMHO.

About the game becoming easier - all MMOs become "easier" as time passes. It's inevitable. It's necessary to keep the game fresh, to keep it alive.

Your points about Mark Gerhard are just speculations mixed with your opinion, both of which I find ridiculous. The updates being made to "waste time"? For goodness's sake, has a commercial company ever "wasted time" and not made money? Seriously. Those updates actually made the game more aesthetically appealing and smoother to play. They make the gameplay experience a better one for players. Admittedly some were purely aesthetic and not exactly very beneficial to the gameplay experience, but still, how much time does it take to change a cursor's look? An hour at the very most?

Your point about HP and Dungeoneering making RuneScape seem more like other MMOs. Honestly, RuneScape is still a very unique game to me. The HP system doesn't remind me of other games at all (though I could be biased since I haven't played many MMOs). I'd agree with you if the hits became huge splats/digits floating around the character, but that's just impossible with the current engine. Dungeoneering - It's merely a small part of RuneScape! 1 in like 25 skills or so. Yes, it is not the most original of ideas, but it's fun and new to RS. There's still SO MUCH in RuneScape that doesn't resemble other MMOs in any way.

The crap about Jagex needing money and the game being sold to Microsoft or blizzard...that's pure speculation. And absurd at that, IMHO. Adverts in games, aesthetically appealing main page - those are just updates to make the game more appealing to (new) players, to earn MORE money. Face it - people are perpetually greedy, and if you think you can earn more cash with an update, seriously, why not? And the point about the game being sold to Microsoft or Blizzard - those are just rumours. As you said, similar to the rumours on sailing. Hyped up load of crap with no real evidence behind them. There's a Chinese saying "a 100 rumours/pieces of news can't compare to a single sight/experience".

Sorry for using caps, but seriously, what you're saying is just complete [cabbage].

1. Sweatshops aren't even concentrated in Southeast Asia. They are mostly in China.

2. IP banning a whole region is just ridiculous. It clearly shows just how much thought (or the lack thereof) went into your statements. Is that FAIR to the people living there and playing RuneScape? It's plain absurd to black out a region just because many illegal activities occur there. By your logic the US should also be blacklisted worldwide since violent crimes are widespread there.

Seriously, of all the idiotic solutions I've seen, this one completely beats the lot of them.

-------------

About the game becoming easier - all MMOs become "easier" as time passes. It's inevitable. It's necessary to keep the game fresh, to keep it alive.

Your points about Mark Gerhard are just speculations mixed with your opinion, both of which I find ridiculous. The updates being made to "waste time"? For goodness's sake, has a commercial company ever "wasted time" and not made money? Seriously. Those updates actually made the game more aesthetically appealing and smoother to play. They make the gameplay experience a better one for players. Admittedly some were purely aesthetic and not exactly very beneficial to the gameplay experience, but still, how much time does it take to change a cursor's look? An hour at the very most?

Your point about HP and Dungeoneering making RuneScape seem more like other MMOs. Honestly, RuneScape is still a very unique game to me. The HP system doesn't remind me of other games at all (though I could be biased since I haven't played many MMOs). I'd agree with you if the hits became huge splats/digits floating around the character, but that's just impossible with the current engine. Dungeoneering - It's merely a small part of RuneScape! 1 in like 25 skills or so. Yes, it is not the most original of ideas, but it's fun and new to RS. There's still SO MUCH in RuneScape that doesn't resemble other MMOs in any way.

The crap about Jagex needing money and the game being sold to Microsoft or blizzard...that's pure speculation. And absurd at that, IMHO. Adverts in games, aesthetically appealing main page - those are just updates to make the game more appealing to (new) players, to earn MORE money. Face it - people are perpetually greedy, and if you think you can earn more cash with an update, seriously, why not? And the point about the game being sold to Microsoft or Blizzard - those are just rumours. As you said, similar to the rumours on sailing. Hyped up load of crap with no real evidence behind them. There's a Chinese saying "a 100 rumours/pieces of news can't compare to a single sight/experience".

tbh yeh, ip ban china not se asia ffs !

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

It's not just the ridiculous factual error - it's how stupid and unethical it is to ban a whole region just because there are many criminals there. Let's ban the US too, since there are lots of violent crimes occurring there! Seriously.

It's not just the ridiculous factual error - it's how stupid and unethical it is to ban a whole region just because there are many criminals there. Let's ban the US too, since there are lots of violent crimes occurring there! Seriously.

hmg while were at it why dont we ban anyone who has the potential to commit crime! I mean they cud lyke rob them bankz for the jarblixz eyeareell geepees.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

What your experiencing is nothing new.

The game started out like that for everyone and after a certain point it wasnt about getting a few lvls it was about mindless grinding forever.

Yes even before Skill capes this was the case. Even before rs2 this was the case.

Runescape hasnt changed (unless this rant was bout the trade updates/end of wilderness) its YOU that has changed. I started out the same way, but there comes a point where you realize that to get a 99 in a skill you dont naturally train it (like cooking fish you need for the dungeon then going in there) you have to no life it for weeks to months.

Everyone realizes this eventually, this is the real game your playing and have been playing since 04 you either need to accept it or look for a more casual game that follows runescapes design (use skills to do EVERYTHING - fish cook smith mine etc etc etc)

Then why bother getting 99s? You can get the exact playing experience described out of runescape, you just have to play it the right way.

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

The game started out like that for everyone and after a certain point it wasnt about getting a few lvls it was about mindless grinding forever.

Yes even before Skill capes this was the case. Even before rs2 this was the case.

Runescape hasnt changed (unless this rant was bout the trade updates/end of wilderness) its YOU that has changed. I started out the same way, but there comes a point where you realize that to get a 99 in a skill you dont naturally train it (like cooking fish you need for the dungeon then going in there) you have to no life it for weeks to months.

Everyone realizes this eventually, this is the real game your playing and have been playing since 04 you either need to accept it or look for a more casual game that follows runescapes design (use skills to do EVERYTHING - fish cook smith mine etc etc etc)

Then why bother getting 99s? You can get the exact playing experience described out of runescape, you just have to play it the right way.

Simple - it's addictive. It's very easy to get drawn into the trap of grinding for 99s. Unless you were always a casual gamer, then you'll definitely get drawn into the vortex of grinding sooner or later.

Sometimes i think I'm the only old school player who doesn't mind all the changes... lol... i been playing for a while... how long i don't even remember... my old toon, ganon333, was made when i was... hmm... too young to recall, i think 2003 or so, but i quit, then restarted playing in grade 7 which would be... 5 years ago? so... i been around off and on for a while... and honestly trade restriction and pvp/staking changes... reasonable due to real world trade... and sure everyone had to adapt but i love ge, sure i'm not to happy bout merch guilds, but still gettin random stuff is easy as heck now... and so is selling... no more having to go fally world 2 and get overwhelmed by the spam of macroing, and dang near almost go into a seizure by the millions of glow2: macroing, merchants looking to cut your throat on the price... sure merchs were like "wtf m8" but eventually you found how to abuse the ge and now you can resume your terrorizing of the runescape community... pkers took a blow but that was remedied and now you shouldn't have any thing to complain... then everyone complained about all the pay to level skills jagex came out with like construction and summoning (not gonna bother pointing out herb and prayer are pretty expensive last time i checked), so they came out with dungeoneering and everyones like "omg it's a minigame!!!" ignorin the fact it doesn't cost you any money. and ofcourse i've even heard people going "omg you can rest? wtf why'd i level agility!" well... resting stil ltakes 30 seconds, 30 seconds you don't have to spend, and shortcuts... that's just pointless qq'ing... i mean people are ranting just because it's the trend im guessing. all this comparison between old rs and new rs, and omg it's so much easier... "in my day we had to run all the way from shilo to nature altar" back in our day we camped fire giants with our hallys and arrows for dmed... and that was 1mil, now we camp bandos/arma for 20m+ drops... times change, the game advances... don't complain... embrace and use to your advantage... short form? qq less, pew pew more.

Current Goal: all skills 60+

Completed Goals:99 fishing[sept 4th, 09]

Grayy_Goose.png

Simple - it's addictive. It's very easy to get drawn into the trap of grinding for 99s. Unless you were always a casual gamer, then you'll definitely get drawn into the vortex of grinding sooner or later.

How do you define a casual gamer?

Sometimes i think I'm the only old school player who doesn't mind all the changes... lol... i been playing for a while... how long i don't even remember... my old toon, ganon333, was made when i was... hmm... too young to recall, i think 2003 or so, but i quit, then restarted playing in grade 7 which would be... 5 years ago? so... i been around off and on for a while... and honestly trade restriction and pvp/staking changes... reasonable due to real world trade... and sure everyone had to adapt but i love ge, sure i'm not to happy bout merch guilds, but still gettin random stuff is easy as heck now... and so is selling... no more having to go fally world 2 and get overwhelmed by the spam of macroing, and dang near almost go into a seizure by the millions of glow2: macroing, merchants looking to cut your throat on the price... sure merchs were like "wtf m8" but eventually you found how to abuse the ge and now you can resume your terrorizing of the runescape community... pkers took a blow but that was remedied and now you shouldn't have any thing to complain... then everyone complained about all the pay to level skills jagex came out with like construction and summoning (not gonna bother pointing out herb and prayer are pretty expensive last time i checked), so they came out with dungeoneering and everyones like "omg it's a minigame!!!" ignorin the fact it doesn't cost you any money. and ofcourse i've even heard people going "omg you can rest? wtf why'd i level agility!" well... resting stil ltakes 30 seconds, 30 seconds you don't have to spend, and shortcuts... that's just pointless qq'ing... i mean people are ranting just because it's the trend im guessing. all this comparison between old rs and new rs, and omg it's so much easier... "in my day we had to run all the way from shilo to nature altar" back in our day we camped fire giants with our hallys and arrows for dmed... and that was 1mil, now we camp bandos/arma for 20m+ drops... times change, the game advances... don't complain... embrace and use to your advantage... short form? qq less, pew pew more.

I'm sorta old school (I started playing in 2006) and I like most changes.

Not much to say.

-------------

You are far too focused on what you are actually seeing. I'm just being open minded and predicting what RS is coming to and what Mark Gherard thinks etc. And I have always thought that Runescape would have to get easier as long as it is updated. I'm sure Jagex didn't come up with ivy expecting it to have the effect that it did. And players are always more creative than Jagex would expect and come up with efficient leveling, faster money, etc. than Jagex can realize. I think I mentioned this before but basically I can see how modifying a game that you don't really play would be hard; you don't see them from the same perspective.

When I mentioned Jagex/Mod Mark trying to make RS seem like other games I wasn't suggesting that Runescape is already losing it's originality. I am, once again, being open minded and just thinking about what this could mean/lead to. And I don't want to take you're words the wrong way but it sounded to me like you were sort of trying to tell me why I was wrong about Runescape being sold. I don't think It will MOST LIKELY be sold or anything like that, I just think it is POSSIBLE based on my reasoning. Also, I said that rumors within the Runescape community are likely partially or completely wrong for a reason. I really believe exactly what you do, that there is no true indication that RS will be sold, I just am open to the idea that it could be.

Obviously the thought of Jagex making Runescape more appealing is going around. And about that, I realize that it is realistic for every person/company to get greedy or try to make as much money as possible. I just noticed that it never appeared that way while Andrew Gower was CEO. Well of course Andrew wanted to make income to run the game as well as some profit, but he didn't put fancy banners and a "hot" homepage. It was just Runescape-like, just like the graphics were: simplistic but original. Though I was mentioning this to my friend in real life, and he pointed out that Andrew Gower is still the owner of Jagex, which means he could just fire Mark. I am being open minded so him pointing this out just makes it more interesting. Who knows what is the truth it's just some ideas/theories. Maybe Mark has a certain type of contract or deal so that he is guaranteed work for a certain amount of time? I haven't a clue to be honest. Tell me what you think. And sorry for making it sound like I was convinced these theories were right. Some of them I do see as likely or highly possible, but they are still just ideas in the end. So I hope that clears things up a little bit.

-------------

You are far too focused on what you are actually seeing. I'm just being open minded and predicting what RS is coming to and what Mark Gherard thinks etc. And I have always thought that Runescape would have to get easier as long as it is updated. I'm sure Jagex didn't come up with ivy expecting it to have the effect that it did. And players are always more creative than Jagex would expect and come up with efficient leveling, faster money, etc. than Jagex can realize. I think I mentioned this before but basically I can see how modifying a game that you don't really play would be hard; you don't see them from the same perspective.

When I mentioned Jagex/Mod Mark trying to make RS seem like other games I wasn't suggesting that Runescape is already losing it's originality. I am, once again, being open minded and just thinking about what this could mean/lead to. And I don't want to take you're words the wrong way but it sounded to me like you were sort of trying to tell me why I was wrong about Runescape being sold. I don't think It will MOST LIKELY be sold or anything like that, I just think it is POSSIBLE based on my reasoning. Also, I said that rumors within the Runescape community are likely partially or completely wrong for a reason. I really believe exactly what you do, that there is no true indication that RS will be sold, I just am open to the idea that it could be.

Obviously the thought of Jagex making Runescape more appealing is going around. And about that, I realize that it is realistic for every person/company to get greedy or try to make as much money as possible. I just noticed that it never appeared that way while Andrew Gower was CEO. Well of course Andrew wanted to make income to run the game as well as some profit, but he didn't put fancy banners and a "hot" homepage. It was just Runescape-like, just like the graphics were: simplistic but original. Though I was mentioning this to my friend in real life, and he pointed out that Andrew Gower is still the owner of Jagex, which means he could just fire Mark. I am being open minded so him pointing this out just makes it more interesting. Who knows what is the truth it's just some ideas/theories. Maybe Mark has a certain type of contract or deal so that he is guaranteed work for a certain amount of time? I haven't a clue to be honest. Tell me what you think. And sorry for making it sound like I was convinced these theories were right. Some of them I do see as likely or highly possible, but they are still just ideas in the end. So I hope that clears things up a little bit.

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for sounding a bit harsh there, but I'm rather desensitised to it since most people here are spouting complete nonsense most of the time.

Interesting point about Jagex not being able to see the game from the same perspective as players who play it much longer. But naturally, Jagex does have a better position to judge some aspects of the game, e.g. finance and such. Of course, in terms of gameplay, even rigourous playtesters don't play as much as many players, which is why Jagex often releases huge updates in a few phases, e.g. Summoning and Dungeoneering.

I feel that some of the changes that are being made are purely coincidental. I've never really noticed it, but maybe it's because I rarely play RuneScape nowadays.

I think that some of the changes to the main page could be positive. From my point of view, it seems that perhaps a fresh perspective (of Mark Gerhard) could allow Jagex to look at RuneScape in a different way. It's probably not about Mark's personal views. Maybe Andrew has been CEO for so long he didn't really think of looking from such a perspective - that rather simple "beautifying" updates could draw in more players, and when Mark came in he noticed the graphics weren't exactly "beautiful".

-------------

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for sounding a bit harsh there, but I'm rather desensitised to it since most people here are spouting complete nonsense most of the time.

Interesting point about Jagex not being able to see the game from the same perspective as players who play it much longer. But naturally, Jagex does have a better position to judge some aspects of the game, e.g. finance and such. Of course, in terms of gameplay, even rigourous playtesters don't play as much as many players, which is why Jagex often releases huge updates in a few phases, e.g. Summoning and Dungeoneering.

I feel that some of the changes that are being made are purely coincidental. I've never really noticed it, but maybe it's because I rarely play RuneScape nowadays.

I think that some of the changes to the main page could be positive. From my point of view, it seems that perhaps a fresh perspective (of Mark Gerhard) could allow Jagex to look at RuneScape in a different way. It's probably not about Mark's personal views. Maybe Andrew has been CEO for so long he didn't really think of looking from such a perspective - that rather simple "beautifying" updates could draw in more players, and when Mark came in he noticed the graphics weren't exactly "beautiful".

Sorry I don't know how to reply without quoting this whole thing lol, but im doing this fast as im suposed to be doing homework, hence the speeedtypng and no time to fix errors lol. but anyway, i like the way you are thinking about mark, that could be true. but i really have no idea as to what the meaning of the latest updates as i'm only making some educated guesses. or just really bad guesses if they are wrong lol,

Runescape is quite a funny joke. Ha! Look at that name !Run Escape? Hilarious!

Oh god! I have played Runescape since 2001/02 and I never noticed that before. lol!

--

Also. Having played back then I remember the good times. They were good, sure. If you don't count clicking 10,000 click for 500 coal or sleepingbags with chaptca's. These days are easier, sure. But they are also much more fun. There are a lot of bad and annoying players around, but you can still find good people, focus on those few rather than the masses you don't like and I think the time spent in the game will be a lot more fun for you.

RIP OLD SCHOOL? Nah... Old School (Including myself) will never die. I grew up playing RS and I'm not gonna trash talk about all the updates and the newer players.

Thanks to all the old school 2001-2003 players for laying the way and make RS a big name game, and all the RS2scapers and 2010+ newer players will have to keep RS moving forward to the future.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Runescape is quite a funny joke. Ha! Look at that name !Run Escape? Hilarious!

Oh god! I have played Runescape since 2001/02 and I never noticed that before. lol!

--

Also. Having played back then I remember the good times. They were good, sure. If you don't count clicking 10,000 click for 500 coal or sleepingbags with chaptca's. These days are easier, sure. But they are also much more fun. There are a lot of bad and annoying players around, but you can still find good people, focus on those few rather than the masses you don't like and I think the time spent in the game will be a lot more fun for you.

I would say 2006-2007 was probably the RS golden age. Then stuff got easy.

Awesome how you noticed that. I never did.

RIP OLD SCHOOL? Nah... Old School (Including myself) will never die. I grew up playing RS and I'm not gonna trash talk about all the updates and the newer players.

Thanks to all the old school 2001-2003 players for laying the way and make RS a big name game, and all the RS2scapers and 2010+ newer players will have to keep RS moving forward to the future.

You can play the game like an old schooler, so yeah, you're right.

Not much to say.

Dungeoneering is the start of a next golden age, but that's just my opinion.

Then again, it really depends on if you love it or not.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention