RIP OLD SCHOOL

polo2340

I logged on yesterday to do the free to play quest and I noticed the new lobby system. While it is nice to be able to stay logged in for a longer amount of time outside of playing the game it was also pretty ugly. I wish Jagex could have made a smoother interface for it.

Other than that no major problems have come up. The game still plays the same and is completely the same game it was a year or two ago.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Polo, do you want to feel free and tell us if you miss your childhood?

Because that is what I am seeing on here.

Personally, I miss the 1980s and early 1990s. Anything I see from those times is pure nostalgia. Your entire post on "OLD SCHOOL" is pretty much nostalgia, but unfortunately you fail to provide evidence.

Old School is NOT 2004. Old School was the years 2000 to early 2004. RS2 was and shouldn't be considered old school.

I'm not seeing middle-aged people in here dwelling on the past. I'm seeing young kids that are dwelling on the past. Shouldn't you guys be out having a goodtime at parties and making friends that actually matter?

Polo, do you want to feel free and tell us if you miss your childhood?

Because that is what I am seeing on here.

Personally, I miss the 1980s and early 1990s. Anything I see from those times is pure nostalgia. Your entire post on "OLD SCHOOL" is pretty much nostalgia, but unfortunately you fail to provide evidence.

Old School is NOT 2004. Old School was the years 2000 to early 2004. RS2 was and shouldn't be considered old school.

I'm not seeing middle-aged people in here dwelling on the past. I'm seeing young kids that are dwelling on the past. Shouldn't you guys be out having a goodtime at parties and making friends that actually matter?

its not like i take it that seriously. i dont cry about a game. im just making it more serious than it is because, well that just seems to be what everyone else around here does. and my childhood certainly didn't consist of just playing runescape.

Out of curiosity but how can someone who started in 2004 complain anything like "rip old school"? In my opinion that would stand for "rs2 product" instead of "old school".

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Out of curiosity but how can someone who started in 2004 complain anything like "rip old school"? In my opinion that would stand for "rs2 product" instead of "old school".

Agreed, these people don't understand what us old schoolers really are; and how long your tenure must be to earn such a term.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

All I see is a bunch of people showing off how long they have been playing for. Well here is an idea, no one cares if you happen to be "old school" or not or who you think qualifies for the title of "old school".

All I see is a bunch of people showing off how long they have been playing for. Well here is an idea, no one cares if you happen to be "old school" or not or who you think qualifies for the title of "old school".

if 'all you see' is people clamoring to be noted as 'old school' - then clearly quite a crowd care about the relevance of such labels

logic - urdoinitwrong

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

if 'all you see' is people clamoring to be noted as 'old school' - then clearly quite a crowd care about the relevance of such labels

logic - urdoinitwrong

Frankly, I don't give a crap about either one of you.

Opinions are opinions, but respect must be given to the old-school because they paved the way for today's generation. The very thing that angers me most is a young kid who is disrespecting his grandparents, when they at one time taught that child how to walk, how to dance, etc. Would you like your kid that once respected you to suddenly go against everything you stood for?

I qualify as old-school, I'm not showing off how long I've been playing. This 'I don't give a crap' attitude is what's running this game to the ground. I give out my support for Jagex for all the hard work they've done and I respect the veterans who have stuck with the game for many years. I play on a casual note and all I'm seeing here on Rune Tip It is hardcore, brash, stuck up young adults who have nothing better to do than to simply throw away any opposing opinion.

Here's my piece of advice: Learn to respect who you are. Why should I be bothered by the way I go about things?

wrong - you gave a four paragraph crap

;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I'm quite the hypocrite am I?

heeheehee

:mrgreen:

Rock_Hard.png

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this brings back memories! When I first started runescape it was still Runescape classic. I still sometimes search out old RSC help pages and look at all the items and remember how it was.. Ironically when Runescape 2 came out I was so disappointed and quit playing for a year. Now I love the graphics, but it was a huge change and I just couldnt handle it...

Yo-yo was also my first holiday item after starting to play again. The next one I had was the skeleton costume as I simply got bored and went away....With that account my Runescape experience ended a few years ago when it got hacked and I just didnt care anymore. I had been so proud of my account ( level 79) and it was my first member account ever. I still have some screenshots that I like to look at. My current account is only a few years old, the first holiday item i have is also a skeleton mask, so its 4 years old.

I have always come back to runescape, I dont even know why... I have played different RPGs with a lot better graphics but I always come back. Something about Runescape just is so appealing to me that I cant turn my back to, lol. Even though Im in high school now and I can only play on holidays and summer I still try to do all the holiday stuff and new quests.

I do agree with the founder of this topic(the only post i read, I will start reading the others after posting mine) that RS was amazing and, yes, I do get nostalgic remembering all the good times, but I have gotten used to all the changes. Grand exchange is a great thing for me as I have never been a very good merchant. But I do think the Trading norms are real wierd. The first weapons I ever got were given to me by a friend, whose name I sadly cant remember, and they cost a lot more then the trading norms allow.

What brought me to runescape was the simplicity of the game and Id love to go back to it, but sadly doing so, I would lose all the new content I have come to love.

knepri.png

logic - urdoinitwrong

Opinions are opinions, but respect must be given to the old-school because they paved the way for today's generation. The very thing that angers me most is a young kid who is disrespecting his grandparents, when they at one time taught that child how to walk, how to dance, etc. Would you like your kid that once respected you to suddenly go against everything you stood for?

I qualify as old-school, I'm not showing off how long I've been playing. This 'I don't give a crap' attitude is what's running this game to the ground. I give out my support for Jagex for all the hard work they've done and I respect the veterans who have stuck with the game for many years. I play on a casual note and all I'm seeing here on Rune Tip It is hardcore, brash, stuck up young adults who have nothing better to do than to simply throw away any opposing opinion.

Here's my piece of advice: Learn to respect who you are. Why should I be bothered by the way I go about things?

Why does it matter? I don't give a [cabbage] for how long you've been playing or how long I've been playing. It's a god damn MMORPG on the internet, who gives a damn.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

This is modern day society, obviously the situation has only gotten worse because there is no perfect world and Runescape is such a big target. The fact that Runescape is so popular makes so many more people want to regulate it, sink their own claws into it in order to meet their own standards. Don't think of it as Jagex's fault, this whole problem originated from us the community. You think Jagex would change so much stuff if everything was going handy dandy their way.

Storyline:

• Runescape becomes test game for Java, an amazing and far superior game comes to fruitation.
  • Runescape naturally becomes mainstream, leading to higher ambitions and necessary funding.
  • Popularity and mainstream draw black hat programmers, stemming from human nature's thirst for total domination.
  • Bots become popular, Runescape becomes a competition.
  • No one like cheats, unless they are using it themselves. Jagex thinks they can stop botting, but botting isn't that big of a problem.
  • Botting soon becomes mainstream, leading to increased corruption in community. More cheaters, less legitimate players, less people paying for membership because they don't need it, more people trading real life accessories for Runescape related items which recycles money outside of Runescape and Runescape loses major money.
  • Jagex desperately needs a way out, they can't support their employees or bills. Chalking up legitimate financial fraud (RWT) as their main reason (main reason is botting), the masses enter a stage of confusion, no major rebellions arise.
  • Despite their ingenuity, popularity falls in Runescape as content becomes communistic.
  • To stop the thirst for botting, they stop the source of it at the nozzle: the ones who stand to gain that repetitively bot. A.K.A. Real world traders. Regulation of money transfer means regulation of channels of free money transference, major factor being Wilderness. In order to facilitate and regulate trade, the G.E. is made and shop item prices become uniform.
  • Runescape no longer has any dangerous elements, luck, or strategy. To be the best, you have to grind.
  • Grinding becomes the entirety of Runescape because skills are the most important, not money. There is no real purpose to gaining skills, no final triumph or satisfaction: namely killing people and having friends.
  • MMORPG becomes RPG.
  • Jagex has dug its own grave, they can't go back because deleting code would instantly corrupt their system and it isn't worth it, so they add more and more content in hopes of satisfying the masses. Each update soon becomes easy and thoughtless, there is no freedom of expression because items must conform to three things: 1. Only individual gain is allowed 2. Must incorporate a lot of people 3. Must consume either time or money.
  • Originality, ingenuity and freedom are lost; the Medieval, quaint, adventurous theme is lost.
  • Jagex hopes to recreate the old freedoms: they re-open Runescape Classic which ultimately fails after they see the engine, they also delve into branching outlets like MechScape.

They made everything 5x easier so the impatient kids can be attracted to it.

Did you know that adults, also, can display qualities such as impatience? It gets old seeing everyone refer to "kids" as the problem for all these years, when really, the problem lies with people who have just grown out of being kids -- who think they are all high and mighty. Just look at the trolls on this forum.

lalalasig2.png

This is modern day society, obviously the situation has only gotten worse because there is no perfect world and Runescape is such a big target. The fact that Runescape is so popular makes so many more people want to regulate it, sink their own claws into it in order to meet their own standards. Don't think of it as Jagex's fault, this whole problem originated from us the community. You think Jagex would change so much stuff if everything was going handy dandy their way.

Storyline:

• Runescape becomes test game for Java, an amazing and far superior game comes to fruitation.
  • Runescape naturally becomes mainstream, leading to higher ambitions and necessary funding.
  • Popularity and mainstream draw black hat programmers, stemming from human nature's thirst for total domination.
  • Bots become popular, Runescape becomes a competition.
  • No one like cheats, unless they are using it themselves. Jagex thinks they can stop botting, but botting isn't that big of a problem.
  • Botting soon becomes mainstream, leading to increased corruption in community. More cheaters, less legitimate players, less people paying for membership because they don't need it, more people trading real life accessories for Runescape related items which recycles money outside of Runescape and Runescape loses major money.
  • Jagex desperately needs a way out, they can't support their employees or bills. Chalking up legitimate financial fraud (RWT) as their main reason (main reason is botting), the masses enter a stage of confusion, no major rebellions arise.
  • Despite their ingenuity, popularity falls in Runescape as content becomes communistic.
  • To stop the thirst for botting, they stop the source of it at the nozzle: the ones who stand to gain that repetitively bot. A.K.A. Real world traders. Regulation of money transfer means regulation of channels of free money transference, major factor being Wilderness. In order to facilitate and regulate trade, the G.E. is made and shop item prices become uniform.
  • Runescape no longer has any dangerous elements, luck, or strategy. To be the best, you have to grind.
  • Grinding becomes the entirety of Runescape because skills are the most important, not money. There is no real purpose to gaining skills, no final triumph or satisfaction: namely killing people and having friends.
  • MMORPG becomes RPG.
  • Jagex has dug its own grave, they can't go back because deleting code would instantly corrupt their system and it isn't worth it, so they add more and more content in hopes of satisfying the masses. Each update soon becomes easy and thoughtless, there is no freedom of expression because items must conform to three things: 1. Only individual gain is allowed 2. Must incorporate a lot of people 3. Must consume either time or money.
  • Originality, ingenuity and freedom are lost; the Medieval, quaint, adventurous theme is lost.
  • Jagex hopes to recreate the old freedoms: they re-open Runescape Classic which ultimately fails after they see the engine, they also delve into branching outlets like MechScape.

"For greater good, sacrifices are to be made."

Because the game has only gotten better and better for me. I guess this makes me paranormal atleast.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I started playing in 05, i wouldn't consider myself a veteran cause i know ppl who have been playing way longer but i totally see what you're saying. I really miss how it was back then goin pking in the wildy and not having to deal with stupid revenants or whatever they're called, being able to have actual drop partys wherever, being able to give gifts to your friends without there being a limit and as dumb as this sounds i actually kinda miss standing by varrock bank in worlds 1-3 trying to sell my wares or trying to find someone selling that one thing i was looking for. But i guess Jagex didn't have much choice with all the scammers and autoers, and the more they had to do to keep those few bad players out the worse the game got.

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

I honestly think this is sad, but i wont say in which way cause i know it will start a flame war <_< like any of us want that.

OT: Plain and simple Jagex is a company, they want money, they modernize Runescape, attract a younger generation and new players to the game. More players = $$$ :mrgreen:

ChosenZamrok.png

I remember the old runescape as well... Way back to 2005-ish where rubber chickens came out and everyone was whacking each other. I couldn't get the item because as you have said...I was completely clueless. I cried once since there was no bank in lumbridge and I was begging people to take me to Varrock.

Now? Jagex caters to young kids with advisors, tutorials, doomsayers, nerfing wild, making skills easier with new items and ways to gain xp faster.

In a year or two... I bet you can get 99 fishing in less than a month with a offshore fishing! 10,000 xp for catching a whale! Takes only 2 minutes to catch a whale if you have 2 friends with you!

-_-

Everything just gets easier...everything becomes safer...everything becomes less and less

The content nowadays aren't what it was long ago. No more stupid/pointless updates because people cry...I need an update a week! Then...the next week it's deserted as they rant about oh Jagex sucks!

Be happy with one update you whiner? I wish there were more fixes and more additions to the places Jagex introduces to the game instead of bombarding us when new places, items, events, etc. Soon the world of Runescape will be like WOW and you won't even go to the other half of the world since the other half is ENOUGH.

I remember the days of trying so hard to get 2 million to get a rare, mining rune essence, running air runes to the mega rich and getting 2k and 27 noted essence, asking people to take me to varrock/fally, getting lost and spending time to figure out things, killing a goblin and getting money, doing quests, exploring the world of Runescape, seeing/experiencing world 1

Over the years the quality of updates, new members, and the feeling of Runescape has gone down immensely. Sure I won't ever call myself a rich, seasoned veteran, or of someone of a high stature. I don't like to puff out my chest and exclaim "I played more than you noob so I'm better"

The veterans act pompously, the beginners just whine and beg, the beginners need direction or they'll quit after coming off tutorial, they'll flood the forums with excessive/needless spam and posts saying WEE NEEED BANK IN LUMBY NOW OR I GO TO WOW YOU NOOB JAGEX!

The worst update to Runescape in my experience

Wildy <---People feel safe and it gives runescape a soft/helicopter mom feeling

Where's the thrill?

Trade limits<---communist regime and no interactions with other players=dead community

Ge=same as above

I remember the old runescape as well... Way back to 2005-ish where rubber chickens came out and everyone was whacking each other. I couldn't get the item because as you have said...I was completely clueless. I cried once since there was no bank in lumbridge and I was begging people to take me to Varrock.

Now? Jagex caters to young kids with advisors, tutorials, doomsayers, nerfing wild, making skills easier with new items and ways to gain xp faster.

In a year or two... I bet you can get 99 fishing in less than a month with a offshore fishing! 10,000 xp for catching a whale! Takes only 2 minutes to catch a whale if you have 2 friends with you!

-_-

Everything just gets easier...everything becomes safer...everything becomes less and less

The content nowadays aren't what it was long ago. No more stupid/pointless updates because people cry...I need an update a week! Then...the next week it's deserted as they rant about oh Jagex sucks!

Be happy with one update you whiner? I wish there were more fixes and more additions to the places Jagex introduces to the game instead of bombarding us when new places, items, events, etc. Soon the world of Runescape will be like WOW and you won't even go to the other half of the world since the other half is ENOUGH.

I remember the days of trying so hard to get 2 million to get a rare, mining rune essence, running air runes to the mega rich and getting 2k and 27 noted essence, asking people to take me to varrock/fally, getting lost and spending time to figure out things, killing a goblin and getting money, doing quests, exploring the world of Runescape, seeing/experiencing world 1

Over the years the quality of updates, new members, and the feeling of Runescape has gone down immensely. Sure I won't ever call myself a rich, seasoned veteran, or of someone of a high stature. I don't like to puff out my chest and exclaim "I played more than you noob so I'm better"

The veterans act pompously, the beginners just whine and beg, the beginners need direction or they'll quit after coming off tutorial, they'll flood the forums with excessive/needless spam and posts saying WEE NEEED BANK IN LUMBY NOW OR I GO TO WOW YOU NOOB JAGEX!

Where's the thrill?

Trade limits<---communist regime and no interactions with other players=dead community

Ge=same as above

Choose then:

No Pk in wilderness and free trade.

or

No Runescape at all as it will be closed down from bots and RWT.

Really, it's been more than 2 years already, end of story.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

-_-

Where's the thrill?

Ge=same as above

Choose then:

or

Someone needs to copy this and distribute it as a template.

Or heck, have some codes whereby if "RWT, Jagex" and some other related words appear too much in a post, automatically reply to it with that template.

Choose then:

or

Someone needs to copy this and distribute it as a template.

Or heck, have some codes whereby if "RWT, Jagex" and some other related words appear too much in a post, automatically reply to it with that template.

No, removing free trade was a copout by Jagex because they didn't want to change the way they give membership.

No, removing free trade was a copout by Jagex because they didn't want to change the way they give membership.

Ignorance running three years strong. Usual talking points by people who still don't understand at the faintest distance the progression of events that lead to the 07 updates.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png