RIP OLD SCHOOL

polo2340

First of all I am not a member so i could not play classic, or a certainly would be. And you guys are not getting the point. Runescape has changed, and in unnatural ways. RWT messed up the game, and that's why I think Jagex should look back at this and realize there are now better solutions. I bet they could even make Runescape so it is impossible to macro, if they felt like it. So the problem is that the wilderness pking was removed and a trade limit was added due to RWT.

RSC was full of good times for me. Sometimes I miss being able to look at runescape in a carefree perspective, but that's me who has changed, not the game. I just link RSC to those memories because I was actually a newb back then.

Sorry couldnt resist. :P

[ModEdit: Removed content irrelevant to the topic]

First of all I am not a member so i could not play classic, or a certainly would be. And you guys are not getting the point. Runescape has changed, and in unnatural ways. RWT messed up the game, and that's why I think Jagex should look back at this and realize there are now better solutions. I bet they could even make Runescape so it is impossible to macro, if they felt like it. So the problem is that the wilderness pking was removed and a trade limit was added due to RWT.

No offence, but why don't you offer a suggestion instead of whining?

I think someone has already stated before - botters (and practically all criminals) are always 1 step ahead of the law/regulating officials. It's impossible to design a completely foolproof bot-detection software, neither is it to have policemen stationed everywhere to prevent thefts, burglaries, etc.

Even if you can increase the number of policemen or improve the bot-detection software, criminals and botters will ALWAYS find a way around it. So it's impractical to just respond every time the situation starts getting out of hand. As Omali (I think) said, there's no point patching up a collapsing building - it's better to demolish it and rebuild it. That's what Jagex did to RWT - make it so inconvenient for them to trade gp to their clients that they give up on their businesses. Granted, it isn't foolproof - a RWTer can still trade gp to a client, BUT I'm sure the client would be better off just earning money ingame by himself instead of buying it, hence the RWT "business" went bust.

Edited by carl0dublin
Removing irrelevant content

Keep to the topic of this thread, any posts which are simply trolling or flame-baiting are seen as spam, and are not contributing positively to the topic at hand. Thus meaning; posts will be removed. For future reference:

da2.png

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I think someone has already stated before - botters (and practically all criminals) are always 1 step ahead of the law/regulating officials. It's impossible to design a completely foolproof bot-detection software, neither is it to have policemen stationed everywhere to prevent thefts, burglaries, etc.

Even if you can increase the number of policemen or improve the bot-detection software, criminals and botters will ALWAYS find a way around it. So it's impractical to just respond every time the situation starts getting out of hand. As Omali (I think) said, there's no point patching up a collapsing building - it's better to demolish it and rebuild it. That's what Jagex did to RWT - make it so inconvenient for them to trade gp to their clients that they give up on their businesses. Granted, it isn't foolproof - a RWTer can still trade gp to a client, BUT I'm sure the client would be better off just earning money ingame by himself instead of buying it, hence the RWT "business" went bust.

If the huge amount of botters are really unstoppable, then every game would have them. But Runescape is just one of the easiest games to bot.

I would like to hear what are the better solutions to dealing with RWT...

I've heard a lot of "veteran" players claiming there were countless ways to deal with this in another manner and never seen any option being proposed that would have made me think Jagex were wrong.

As to the topic, some have already said it, everything you did back in 2004, you can do in 2010 except for the trade limits, old school pking or dueling. Your perception of the game has changed more than the game has changed itself.

As for the declining number of players, sure there are less players these days than in 2006-2007, but back then you could find 10-15% being either bots or macros. Yes I pulled that number out of my [wagon],but anyone playing at that time can confirm it was a real problem and would ruin the gameplay of the majority.

I still think this game is way better than at any other point since its launch.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

RSC was full of good times for me. Sometimes I miss being able to look at runescape in a carefree perspective, but that's me who has changed, not the game. I just link RSC to those memories because I was actually a newb back then.

Sorry couldnt resist. :P

Because Tip.It join date = Runescape join date?

If that's the case there's no reason my neoseeker join date shouldn't be counted

neoseeker.jpg

Zerker_jane.png

If the huge amount of botters are really unstoppable, then every game would have them. But Runescape is just one of the easiest games to bot.

Many games DO have large numbers of bots. For example, Maplestory is infamous for its huge numbers of botters and hackers.

Botters aren't stoppable. Jagex can devote a lot of money and time to make the game ALMOST bot-proof, but computer experts would still be able to bot. The point is it is impractical to try and stop bots, not that Jagex can't make it almost impossible to do so. It'll be a huge waste of their time and money.

Also, what about sweatshops? The "players" there aren't bots - they're people.

I never understood this, what RWT business professional would pay sweatshop workers when bots are more efficient and cost less. They could even run multiple bots per pc.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I never understood this, what RWT business professional would pay sweatshop workers when bots are more efficient and cost less. They could even run multiple bots per pc.

These are less likely to get banned, as they can say something if someone accuses them to be bots.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

These are less likely to get banned, as they can say something if someone accuses them to be bots.

Sure, less likely - But it must be more profitable overall to run 4-5 bots on one pc 24/7, with the risk of a one or two getting banned, than to pay a worker to run 1 account on a pc for 12 hours a day.

Maybe I should draw them up a business plan ;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Sure, less likely - But it must be more profitable overall to run 4-5 bots on one pc 24/7, with the risk of a one or two getting banned, than to pay a worker to run 1 account on a pc for 12 hours a day.

Maybe I should draw them up a business plan ;)

Work in China is amazingly cheap, so cheap that hiring people is less costly in manufacturing plants than having machines do the job.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

i think the only thing they should do to be back the old days is bring back the old merchanting but somehow keep the g/e

like take out the items that can and would be better bought and sol from player to player such as godswords barrows full dragon dragonfire sheidl whips furys zerker rings ect...

that would make the g/e more stable and it would make everyone happy from the merchants to lower levels that dont like to waist money on the price change all the time

I am Pure I am True I am all Over You...

I am Fear in the Night I am Bringer of Light

Duality64

Level 134

We are the Nightmare, the Chosen Silence

We are the Night

Work in China is amazingly cheap, so cheap that hiring people is less costly in manufacturing plants than having machines do the job.

Not cheaper than botting however...

Imagine if your sweatshop consists of 10 workers, playing for 20 hours a day each and sleeping for 4 hours - Paid $2 per day?

Assuming each worker generates 400k GP / hour [This can be done without any stats] thats 4 mil GP

So ten workers would make a culminated profit of 40 mil each day

Gold sells at 2$ per mil

Thats 20$ a day outlay [Wages, at least] generating an income of 80$...

---

Bot costs $20, multiple instances can be run on multiple computers, round the clock.

Each machine runs 3 bots [Could probably run more, but i'd rather underestimate], each bot generates 400k GP / hour [This can be done without any stats] thats (400k x 3) = 1200k/hour pr machine

There's 10 machines [One for each previously occupied by a worker] so that means a total of 120mil is generated each day

Gold sells at 2$ per mil

That's $240 of profit per day [Minus $20 the first day, to purchase the bot.]

lolwut?

Rock_Hard.png

I would like to hear what are the better solutions to dealing with RWT...

I've heard a lot of "veteran" players claiming there were countless ways to deal with this in another manner and never seen any option being proposed that would have made me think Jagex were wrong.

As to the topic, some have already said it, everything you did back in 2004, you can do in 2010 except for the trade limits, old school pking or dueling. Your perception of the game has changed more than the game has changed itself.

As for the declining number of players, sure there are less players these days than in 2006-2007, but back then you could find 10-15% being either bots or macros. Yes I pulled that number out of my [wagon],but anyone playing at that time can confirm it was a real problem and would ruin the gameplay of the majority.

I still think this game is way better than at any other point since its launch.

Then have your opinions, but I know there are others on my side. This forum is for them. And how many times has it been said, even if I am not a game developer, there are people who are paid to figure these things out. And of course Jagex says they think they made the right decision. Have you ever noticed they give typical responses to their players like any brainwashed business? They respond like machines, explaining things in a manner that is clearly not the truth. For example, I might ask "why do you continue to make skills easier?" and they will say "we are not really making them easier you are mislead..." and so on, even though we all know certain skills are becoming easier, or rather less time consuming.

seriously guys, the point of this thread wasn't to hear your opinions. If you disagree with me don't bother posting, it's still here. Leave the space open to those who support. If nobody ever supports, that oh well, I would not be surprised.

Hey, can I ask what exactly it is you resent about the new rs as opposed to the old?

Free trade and PKing, right?

How does the new trading method hinder what you want to do specifically?

The only thing I really miss about the old trading system was drop trading, for everything else the GE makes life a lot easier...

And PKing - I actually find myself getting better loot than I used to, the experience has changed [Less wandering round looking for dots on the minimap] and I dont think its really better nor worse, just different... Godswords and claws etc definitely make getting a KO much easier.

Rock_Hard.png

seriously guys, the point of this thread wasn't to hear your opinions. If you disagree with me don't bother posting, it's still here. Leave the space open to those who support. If nobody ever supports, that oh well, I would not be surprised.

If you don't agree, don't post in your thread? Get your own forum and be super-kewl admin guy if you don't want anyone to post disagreement with you. The rants forum isn't for you to make some half-assed complaint and have everyone come to your aid and tell you what a good boy you are. Uf you can't handle criticism on the internet, you severely need to grow up, and then allow my constituents to offer you some sound advice:

emot-frogout.gifemot-dogout.gifemot-getout.png

904mk.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Welcome to the Tip It Rants Forum dear sir. If you are coming from the Runescape official forums, you may want to leave now because you would probably not understand the way we work around here.

First of all, the point of all rants threads are for people to support or disagree and state a reason why. If we disagree, it doesn't matter, because it will still be here. Leaving space open for people who support is a futile gesture, since as it appears no one supports, there would be no space for support. And thus, we give our opinion on this general topic.

Hopefully before you hit ten posts, a big number, you learn to understand what this forum is about, because it is not for inflated egos and people who believe they are the center of the universe and everyone revolves around you. We are allowed to post our opinions here.

And for us being mod wannabes, you sure are taking this thread into your own hands and trying to make us do what you want. Maybe you should change your name to "Trolling Hypocrite"?

So, if we can continue our debate unabated by your little idiotic trolls in the middle, then perhaps you might find a little bit more support. But when you take the time to troll everyone who disagrees with you, those who might agree a little or a lot are usually not going to agree solely based on your attacking other people giving their opinions.

Once again, until you understand the general purpose of this rants forum, perhaps you should go back to the RSOF and take your trolling with you. ]

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Not cheaper than botting however...

I disagree. Bots get banned for botting, human players don't.

It takes time to complete tutorial island, it takes time to raise the bot's level to something sufficient enough that it makes money.

Human players may be slower, but they don't get banned as easily.

However, that is neither here nor there.

This is a forum, not a blog.

Also, I'd like to translate that for everyone else: Let this thread die.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

People post on the forums to hear other peoples opinion on things. If you dont want to get any comments, then kindly, do not press the "create thread" button next time. Nobody will disagree with you and you dont make yourself look like an idiot. Everybody wins.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.