Combat advice

deletemeplease

So. I plan to get any combat related 99's through Slayer. So I want to know what you guys would do:

A ) (Using Zspear) Continue with shared XP until one reaches 99 (Attack)

B ) (Using Zspear) Get my Strength and Defence equal levels to my Attack to have a balance

C ) (Using Whip) Focus on one 99 (Attack)

D ) (Using Range) Just shoot everything in sight

E ) And idea I haven't thought of (Please elaborate)

Whip on controlled. That's the best way. When you 99 one stat, then work on the other 2.

You'll get plenty of ranged xp from your cannon and Nech (if you chin) and Black Demon (you range + cannon) tasks.

I would also use fast throwing weapons (darts/knives) on greaters, hellhounds, and blue dragons in Kuradal's dungeon with the ferocious ring if you need more ranged xp. If you do a serious amount of slaying, you'll want to raise ranged as well as melee stats so you don't end with something like 95 ranged and 15 million xp in each melee stat. But most things should be killed using whip on controlled. It's the best overall way to raise combat.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I would raise strength and Defense equal to Attack, then Whip on controlled and get all 3 99's at once.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

One question, why use a ZS to train on controlled for (A) when you can use a whip+def for much better results, except on certain tasks. Also for (B) i don't think the ZS has anything but controlled and defensive options for training so you can't train str up with that.

I would say get your str and def up to match you attack and do control the rest of the way. Along with that use range/ cannon on some tasks to get you that range exp. And it also doesn't hurt to mage a few tasks.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Use zs for zs tasks and whip for whip tasks, zs on str

Training on controlled slows xp as training to get 90 melees from 80 would be faster getting 90 attack then str then def rather than controlled seeing as you can use the extra levels to speed up training

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Training on controlled slows xp as training to get 90 melees from 80 would be faster getting 90 attack then str then def rather than controlled seeing as you can use the extra levels to speed up training

ZS only have controlled and def options for training. To get str exp only Zokot will need either a SS or a D Scim to train with, or some other way of doing that.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

ZS doesn't have str option, and using a SS/scim after to lvl up str wouldn't make it any faster then training on controlled from the start.

Whip + Defender if you have it on controlled to make your levels equal then decide what level you want to 99. I did that to get my melees to 75 then went after defence. :)

Gl.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D