03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

How is it pointless whip? You ever notice before that it was possible to hit 0s with magic even when it didn't splash? Or that it was possible to weaken a tormented demon even though you seemingly hit zero? That's because the hit fell between 0 and 0.9. So that potential was completely lost before (except for weakening the demon). Now you can actually hit a 9 instead of the potential being completely wasted.

Also, unicorns now heal 148 instead of 14 (read: 140).

i've had a streak of 19 zeros in a row in duel arena. -.- the potential does decrease the chances of zeros, but not significantly.

That's because you're missing, not doing 0 damage on a hit. New accounts hit so many zeroes because their potential to fall between 0-0.9 was so high, not because their attack level sucked to the point where they couldn't even hit chickens.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was trollin but now I'm not so sure.

I've seen plenty of garbage posts spewed out beside his name but none quite this bad.

Perhaps he's drunk or rip-roarin high.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Worst update in the history of rs. Even worse than December 2007. :thumbdown:

Why?

Its just way too confusing. It puts the fun out of high hits. Hitting a 400 doesn't feel much different from hitting a 50. And I just saw poison hit a 68. :thumbdown:

LOL.

Worst update in the history of rs. Even worse than December 2007. :thumbdown:

Why?

Its just way too confusing. It puts the fun out of high hits. Hitting a 400 doesn't feel much different from hitting a 70 now.

1) Multiply by 10. The difficulty is astounding, but you'll get used to it.

2) Hit 700. :^_^:

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I must be the only one out there that thinks its cool to use a ddp(++) spec and hit 300 twice.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I've seen plenty of garbage posts spewed out beside his name but none quite this bad.

you're not even responding to the topic, so in theory, you're the one trolling. just stop it now, b/c you really suck at it.

I'm pretty much done ranting. I don't see why I am not allowed to express my hate on this update.

Not everything has to be liked.

you're not even responding to the topic, so in theory, you're the one trolling. just stop it now, b/c you really suck at it.

I'm pretty much done ranting. I don't see why I am not allowed to express my hate on this update.

OH SO YOU'RE INVITING ME TO A FUNNY PICS CHALLENGE?! WELLLLLL BRING IT ON!!!!!1111

...no...

The irony is awesome.

Also, anyone know if the Iron ore thing caps at 80%? Or does it continue to 100%?

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Anytime there is change everyone whines and complains. Give it a chance, and not just a few hours. I mean some good solid gameplay time.

You never know, you might just like it! :smile:

And to all the firey posts above me, just stop please. Tip.it is usually friendly, keep it that way. :razz:

Big_Stingman.png

Guys this is a DISCUSSION. Discuss without flaming, it is possible.

really?! OH really. after reading 5-6 people all posting flagrant pictures, you think upholding valuable discussions can be possible in this forums?!

<_<

OH SO YOU'RE INVITING ME TO A FUNNY PICS CHALLENGE?! WELLLLLL BRING IT ON!!!!!1111

...no...

The irony is awesome.

stop nagging on whip. you're like the bratty 5 yr old sister and whip is like the 20 yr old brother whos having a bad day.

really?! OH really. after reading 5-6 people all posting flagrant pictures, you think upholding valuable discussions can be possible in this forums?!

<_<

actually only two people posted flagrant pictures...but yeah, i see where you're getting at.

This is off Topic.

...no...

The irony is awesome.

stop nagging on whip. you're like the bratty 5 yr old sister and whip is like the 20 yr old brother whos having a bad day.

<_<

actually only two people posted flagrant pictures...but yeah, i see where you're getting at.

Fanboy-ism. It is a serious issue. If not that, how much did Whip pay you for that little Ego boost?

Tested the Iron thing and it looks like it caps at 80%.

bc8ebae3b0.png

...no...

The irony is awesome.

<_<

Fanboy-ism. It is a serious issue. If not that, how much did Whip pay you for that little Ego boost?

i'm going to be as sincere as possible with this one. After reading through all your garbage, I can tell that most of you

already hate abyssal_whip b/c of his opinion about the update? so what? let him rant about it. Isn't that part about this thread?

posting your thoughts/ opinion about the update in the first place? If you're asking me if I have any sympathy in him, it would be yes,

because having a several people flaming at you isn't a very easy feeling. so why don't you guys just ease up and reply to some

other opinions if you don't like his? grow up people. Mecakoto, I do infact have a 5 year old sister who is very much the same thing

as you.

Came here looking for real discussion but all I see is a ton of flaming...

Anyways, collecting my rocks still but Agility is being a pain.

2ntz0y9.png

well this is TIF. you mess around with the bandwagon, and they'll just get you. its like taking cubs from an angry mother bear.

...no...

The irony is awesome.

<_<

i'm going to be as sincere as possible with this one. After reading through all your garbage, I can tell that most of you

already hate abyssal_whip b/c of his opinion about the update? so what? let him rant about it. Isn't that part about this thread?

posting your thoughts/ opinion about the update in the first place? If you're asking me if I have any sympathy in him, it would be yes,

because having a several people flaming at you isn't a very easy feeling. so why don't you guys just ease up and reply to some

other opinions if you don't like his? grow up people. Mecakoto, I do infact have a 5 year old sister who is very much the same thing

as you.

Your 5-year-old sister is blunt when it comes to the people who use bad logic to come to worse conclutions? Your sister uses simple insults designed to get a point acrossed? Impressive sister. Ask her to teach you about forum posting.

bc8ebae3b0.png

well this is TIF. you mess around with the bandwagon, and they'll just get you. its like taking cubs from an angry mother bear.

The problem is that you haven't provided a good reason why the update is bad. There have been many posts providing examples of why it's a great update, especially in regards to future content, so what you need to do is explain why that's wrong and why/how the old system is superior.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You still hit plenty of 0's. It's very annoying.

Even with 99's.

The combat system needs to be re-worked. Defense needs to be improved.

Attack has to equal rare if any 0's being hit. Attack has to affect magic and range as well to balance the combat triangle.

The underlying problems with HP being capped at 99 have not changed by adding a zero to the end of it.

The other thing that is a pet peeve of mine is when you're killing a monster and they drop nothing. Every monster kill should have a drop besides just bones.

There is no need for an empty drop table especially when the bulk of drops are left on the ground by players. I don't ever pick up coin drops etiher especiallly with the long unneeded death animations so many monsters have now. It would be nice if coin drops could just automatically appear in your inventory in fact, tedious clicking isn't fun.

I would love to say that i am really pleased with the updates :D while the HP update is ODD, they DO say that there is a reason for it, so i will let it go and wait for that to happen :D plus it is cool to hit in the 300's and above but that's just me XP.

Shattered heart- wow, hard, confusing, and no guides yet :( i keep doing things then finding out that they don't get you the rocks, but overall SH is amazing :D i love it idk why, maybe because it does 2 things.

1. get's you thinking and planning.

2. makes you use your skills more and not everything is about combat :D

Success at smelting iron? that's awesome :D at level 65 you don't need to buy forging ring anymore :D even though most people aren't going to be making iron bars, it's still cool :D

runescape lobby/login changes? i'm not sure yet, i like it so far, but it's kind of confusing/overwhelming atm.

But overall i like the updates :D

Thank you Jagex :)

Themooingcow.png

...no...

The irony is awesome.

<_<

as you.

Your 5-year-old sister is blunt when it comes to the people who use bad logic to come to worse conclutions? Your sister uses simple insults designed to get a point acrossed? Impressive sister. Ask her to teach you about forum posting.

i think he's referring to this

admirals an ex-clan member so obviously he'd do the right thing and stick up to me. so far, I think he's doing a good job.

<_<

You never attempted to discuss anything. You threw a hissy fit over something that doesn't affect the game.

If youd like to have a discussion about the update, be my guest. But you aren't going to make a mature discussion against this update, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It just looks slightly different and everything is on a different scale now.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I have not seen any one point this out yet. Soul split is more effective now than it used to be. Before the update, any hits under 5 would not heal you. Now you're healing down to what used to be 0.5. It's not a very big difference, but it does mean you're more likely to heal with that prayer than you used to be. I also like how regenerating hp is the same speed, but you can see it go up every few seconds rather than after a few minutes. It's gonna to take me a little while before I used to it

What I like most about it however, is how every point of damage is less meaning full. In the old system, one point of damage was more than 1% of your total hp. This allows jagex to have a greater freedom with their triangle re balancing, and opens up the possibility for much finer tweaking. I mean, there's a reason most other RPG's have large amounts of damage. For the most part, when a specific mechanic becomes popular it's for a good reason. It works. Jagex doing what other games have done is not a bad thing. They're simply replacing their old mechanics, with proven ones. Although the flaws have been transfered with it, this one opens up the ability for jagex to resolve them. Every one using the "Bah! now runescape is more like other games!" argument is complete bs to me. No one's going to completely disregard something just because someone else has already done it. If so, we wouldn't even have runescape right now because there has been MMORPG's out before runescape. Most games today have taken succesful parts of previous games and added to them, making them even better. I don't see why jagex can't add to the new system later down the road anyway. Just because they only multiplied the damage first does not mean they'll do any tweaking. They probably only increased the numbers first to let us have some time to get used to the new values.

Come to think about it, arguing that other games have big numbers as well isn't much of an argument at all. There's other games where you can mine, fish, collect coins make your own armour, that have minimaps, inventories even use the mouse to move. Why isn't any one complaining about that? I can see it now "Runescape uses the mouse, so do RTS games. Runescape is more like RTScape. I demand we use wasd. But wasd is too much like wow, instead of wasd I propose the ESDF keys" :rolleyes:

I'm a little flabbergasted at how some people could have such negative reactions to this update though. Sure, I can understand that it's a little different and could take a bit of getting used to. But c'mon, change is a part of life. If someone cant handle an extra digit that person going to have a real hard time in his future. Those people will probably end up being the old guy sending angry letters to big corporations because of a logo change, using naughty words like tomfoolery and shenanigans.

Shatered hearts was a nice surprized to me. Didn't expect it to be out so soon. I like how they're using it to encourage some of the less popular methods of training while also giving some extra rewards to make it worthwhile at the same time. I'm a little curious as to what the reward is for completed the statue. Given how fast it is, I don't expect it to be any thing massive though.

The new login is really great for taking small breaks. I think one of the reasons was to help encourage people to take breaks in intervals while playing long hours. Certainly not something I expected jagex to do though. I can see people later on complaining that they left themselves logged in at a library or something, and then someone dropped all their stuff. They should add an option to let those people require their password\pin before joining a world. This way it'd really their own fault if that happens. They didn't care to protect themselves while leaving a public computer unattended.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

...no...

The irony is awesome.

<_<

as you.

i think he's referring to this

admirals an ex-clan member so obviously he'd do the right thing and stick up to me. so far, I think he's doing a good job.

From the link above:

A snob is someone who adopts the worldview of snobbery that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, etc.

Does not apply in this situation. Nice try, though.

bc8ebae3b0.png

sorry, but copy pasta'ing the definition won't solve anything either. you'll be the "snob" that admiral referred to in my book. always.

argue all you want. i think i spent enough calories typing back at you. its also clear that a 5 year old girl will not stop complaining until things go her goodie goodie way.

haha.

<_<

You never attempted to discuss anything. You threw a hissy fit over something that doesn't affect the game.

If youd like to have a discussion about the update, be my guest. But you aren't going to make a mature discussion against this update, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It just looks slightly different and everything is on a different scale now.

i am being mature in the discussion through honesty. even if its negative, it is still my god-damn opinion.

sorry, but copy pasta'ing the definition won't solve anything either. you'll be the "snob" that admiral referred to in my book. always.

argue all you want. i think i spent enough calories typing back at you. its also clear that a 5 year old girl will not stop complaining until things go her goodie goodie way.

haha.

Zomg. Someone on the Internet thinks I'm a Snob. Oh noez! /sarcasm

Also, I haven't been complaining, so, by the way you worded your message, I can only assume the 5-year-old girl that you are referring to is yourself.

bc8ebae3b0.png