Carpentry: Your opinion

0ne_time

i think that if they make carpintry and poh's they should at least make it so u can sit in the game and sleep they should also make it so theres some reason to sleep and sit

sleeping was in rs1 and it was the most annoying thing it almost turned me off rs

Fancy a Bum?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I got to say was back in March 2004 behind the scense updates

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more

From June 2005 Behind the Scense

We have seperated Farming from Player-Owned Houses in order to bring it to you sooner. Player Owned Houses are still being worked on along with the Carpentry skill for release towards the end of this year - Honestly! :-)

If this is all true I can't wait for carpentry and POH having ur own shops holy cow that would be neat and interesting. Thinking all the money a person can make off their own shops.

So maybe for Xmas this would be our gift from jagex

kylacb1.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

The only thing I got to say was back in March 2004 behind the scense updates

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more

From June 2005 Behind the Scense

We have seperated Farming from Player-Owned Houses in order to bring it to you sooner. Player Owned Houses are still being worked on along with the Carpentry skill for release towards the end of this year - Honestly! :-)

If this is all true I can't wait for carpentry and POH having ur own shops holy cow that would be neat and interesting. Thinking all the money a person can make off their own shops.

So maybe for Xmas this would be our gift from jagex

yay i want a house for chistmas :lol:

kill3r_c0w.png

Well, just because you cannot accept a change in your perfect little world doesn't mean everyone likes a repetitive environment.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

i think carpentry will be a good expansion to the game, as long as they include PoH's in the update aswell, coz then u should b able to make things for ur house so it would b a handy skill to upgrade. i also wouldnt care if the skill was f2p (even though im P2P) coz then every1 would b able to use it, thus makin all the nooblets happy hehe

Brawling_Mad.png

and once carpentry is out...

will we all get IKEA catalogs delivered to our POH's?

lmao :lol:

but imo its going to suck like farming, just another skill that wont serve any real purpose...like previously mentioned, it should be added on to crafting, just like if they ever do come out with necromancy it should be added on to magic. I dont like raising skills from scratch, ive done it 21 times and as far as im concerned that is enough, if carpentry is made into its own skill i hope it haves fun giving me +1 to my skill total because thats all it will ever be worth.

November 2005: Xp to lvl 2 carpentry: 83

November 2256: Xp to lvl 2 carpentry: 81

(sorry i accidentally built a house =\\\ )

Well say they did allow houses and places to store stuff that was not in a bank - how about high level thieves having a chance to break into other players houses and help themselves? :lol:

So it would all be based on the difference between the thieving level and the smithing level of the person who made the lock. Also what type of wood the door was made of...

Worth a thought!

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

I think carpentry will be a great skill!

You could build barricades for ranging maybe that would be great wouldnt it?

You could build things to get your running fatigue up and also heal!

You could build things to store items in.

You could make your own house for bragging rights aswell as a domain away from everyone else unless there invited :).

You could make your own forges workshops and stuff like that.

You could make a garden at your house.

The possibilitys are endless.

The problem people porbably had with farming was well the wait. (i have a problem with that cause if i leave....theyll die lol)

So don't judge just wait it could be something great and if not something you can do while your bored.

-O.O-Albert Einstien

yeah along with the having your own house, you could have private drop partys where only your friends are invited i dont believe they have those at the moment

i really want carpentry to come out as its own skill, why? because if its additions to fletching etc the economy will be so screwed up its not even funny because people will want supplies to train the skills up to make stuff. yews culd become 1k magics 3k etc

Heh, I wouldn't complain if yews became 1k each...

thoguhts of a lvl 61 woodcutter, shinyblade99.

About peoples ideas of using stone, that is an entirely idfferent skill called masonry.

And POH wil be awesome, having your own party room, place to chill out. Think about it, you could make your own workshops, like imagine having an anvil next to a bank chest in your house? Name one otehr anvil like this? And even better, imagine having a furnace next to it? IT will rock!

And about it being high level carpentry to make houses, heres my opinion:

OH NO! we have to work to get cool things! Jagex, why do you treat us so cruely? You made this entire game for us, and for once we have to work!

-This has been a message from my sarcasm.

i dont know if this has been said ill find out soon but masonry is carpentry building a house is carpentry the part of that where you build the structure is framing and the part where you put the stones is masonry but its all carpentry and dont try to tell me thats not so cause my dad is a framer and many of my friends dads are carpenters(dunno what kind, i think mostly framers)

With the release of farming equipment they told us that farming will come at the end of the year. If it doesn't come next month, I believe it's never going to come. And I don't want Jagex to do the MEP2 trick again, telling us about huge rewards when it's only death rcing! (Yes, they said huge rewards when it was released.)