Carpentry: Your opinion

0ne_time

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im hopin it woudld come out... jagex said that they woudl have it out by the end of 2005... but im just not sure if i can really trust em

in my oppionin i liked it better before jagex made a sticky in their forums about it... then only the true ppl would post about it

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses

Not too keen on POHs myself which looks to be linked to the Carpentry skill.

However

I'll look forward to the time I can sneak into other player's houses and steal their goodies using my theiving skills.

But then we will be inundated with the nooby 'I've been burgled - fr33 stuff PLZ' - Plus ca change

Helios_Gamos.png

Quod liet ingratum est; Quod non licet acrius urit.

i just think its funny that people are getting excited about the possiblity for extra bank spaces and a new way to store your armor. thats a few pretty lame reasons to embrace a skill before it even comes out. i think there will be many people very disappointed when it is released.

and i would love for someone to convince me why a poh would be worth my time at all.

I think it should take 2 time as much time as when leveling fletching.

why :?: : Well, if you make beds, maybe, just maybe, you might be able to rest on them getting you back to full hp, but it should take some time, like, lets say, 2 or 3 mins to rest. With chairs, you might be able to rest for like 1 min to heal you up till half hp.Carpentry should be a very usefull skill if they impliment it right, so it should take time. It shouldnt take you like 1 week to get from 1 to 99, because then, it's just way too easy. But the bad thing is i can't really think of a variety of things to make, unless it's like, bad chair, good chair, great chair, ect.

I don't think Poh's should be able to have like dragons. It might have farming patches for the garden, and guard dogs in the back yard. Something sensible, not like a skill paradise.

Thanks,

One time

i think it'd be kewl mon..

cos think of it... if it's introduced with POH, and if it *is* like farming in that only you get to see your handywork... then:

- possibility to make something like a wardrobe, for those who love to collect all the clothing sets etc.. instead of wasting valuable bank space

- possibility to make your own storage chests for quest items perhaps.

- possibility that you use your POH in a step of a quest (like hiding something/someone, or someone turns up there)

... i'm just letting the imagination run a little here.. as weakly as it seems to be doing :oops:

I can't believe all the people complaining about new skills before they are even implemented. In fact, I'm not sure why anyone is whining about any skills Jagex adds. If you don't like a skill or think its stupid, then don't train it and don't use it. I hear all the time how everyone hates farming but most of the time I hear it from people while they are planting crops. I like farming just because it makes it easier to work on herblore, but I digress.

If you look back in history, carpentry is a separate profession from all others. People that say a fletcher/boyer is the same as a carpenter are confused. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s like saying a CPA is the same as a mathematician because both work with numbers all day. Carpentry/cabinet making would make an excellent addition to RS ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ we need more skills not directly tied to killing things. As for the delays in release, I can understand why. Farming was somewhat easy just because everything was original. Compost, seeds, rakes, watering cans, etc. just didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t exist so Jagex just had to add what they needed. With carpentry, if they do it as I expect them to; it will be a huge headache to tie everything together. Not only do you now have even more stuff to do with that log you just cut, but what about when they add smithing to make hinges or crafting to make locks or latches?

i think they should delete farming and make canpentry instead, i think farming is a flop! its taking way to long to grow one thing!!! and also its kinda "dead" at the farming spots! and also, what does farming have to do with like, knights mages and rangers? i mean its not really the thing to do in a game...

Join my MB Pk Team. Its called Short Operation, drop by at #sojoin for more information, and reqs ar e105+ with 82 mage...

gosh dude! youre growing stuff! plants take long to grow! what the heck you expected?

carpentry... hmmm... wierd. how could you possibly put a bed in your back-pack to sell to the shop? the way i see it, theres gonna be a lot of untradeable player-made new items

on the positive side, i'd like to be able to make chests anywhere i like that i could deposit items into to go into the bank. woohoo! put a chest in the crafting guild, mining guild, edgeville dungeon.... nah, aint gonna happen...

how about the ability to build ships... or dog houses...

i like the idea of barricades. that would kick @ss. most likely to level up capentry youll have to be constantly repairing your house from falling apart by using hard-to-find items and materials. i see the demand for mohogany and teak surpassing yews, and lots of noobs heading to brimhaven. perhaps teak tree seeds might start to appear as monster drops. hmmm...

i cant figure how this skill could tie into any other skill, except maybe woodcutting and smithing... rune nails, 2k each?

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

and once carpentry is out...

will we all get IKEA catalogs delivered to our POH's?

LOL!!!

Anyway Jagex said carpentry is coming out near the end of the year...

so that means December...

~The One~

_EDIT_

I think maybe you will be able to trade keys for people's houses...

I wonder what lvl you'll need to make a POH,

If they make it 50 or something they are going to be in serious trouble because you will find loads of kids playing truent to get that carpentry lvl and people bringing in laptops to school to play RS in lessons...

IMAGiNE THaT!!!!!!

If they make it 50 or something they are going to be in serious trouble because you will find loads of kids playing truent to get that crafting lvl and people bringing in laptops to school to play RS in lessons...

IMAGiNE THaT!!!!!!

true man, but you are also the first person to have my veiw that carpentry and POHs are gonna be an add on to the crafting skill. thats what my moneys on, any takers?

crafting what? capentry is woodworking and joining. none of the craftable items are from wood, except battlestaffs. carpentry would involve saws, hammers, nails, planks. probably chisel, but its not wood carving, its building stuff. i dont see how it could tie in to crafting

i would expect farming to be affected, with people being able to grow their own teak and mohgany trees, plus oak is useful in carpentry. oaks might be the starting type of wood, with higher quality as your level goes up. also, building a house by yourself would be a tremendous task. i would expect houses could be built by a number of people working together. the blast furnace comes to mind.

to me, definitely woodcutting and smithing nails. possibly farming. but crafting? cant see the connection

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

I don't think it will work too well. Why? 99% of the RuneScape community can't even spell "Adamant", do you think they will be able to pronounce "Excavated land plot", or "construction zone"? It'll be like "me go 2 xcivated zun 4 carpintri lvls".

I'm interested at how well it'll work, I just don't think it will work that well. THe only use I can see for it is High Alchemy. (Like Fletching and Smithing wasn't enough.)

And it sounds difficult. Will you have to buy all the lumber, go to the respawn behind the barbarian outpost, will you be able to Fletch them yourself? Sounds kinda like you'd be using woodcutting, fletching, and crafting to use Carpentry. Seems useless.

Regardless, its one more innovation that we can tinker with. I definately won't complain about a new skill. Just saying maybe there was a better one, like Necromancy, or animal training or something? (Think of it: training horses, that move quadriple the speed of walking :))

i think carpentry is going to be the first not buyable skill cause the logs are not tradeable, i think.

they promise us alot of things, that doenst mean we are gonna get it.

i hope poh's will bring more then just a house where you can put in chairs and stuff in it, maybe a place where you can have private drop partys.

i doub it will come out this year.

If they make it 50 or something they are going to be in serious trouble because you will find loads of kids playing truent to get that crafting lvl and people bringing in laptops to school to play RS in lessons...

IMAGiNE THaT!!!!!!

true man, but you are also the first person to have my veiw that carpentry and POHs are gonna be an add on to the crafting skill. thats what my moneys on, any takers?

You should count your bucks then, because Jagex already announced it's going to be an entirely new skill.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

crafting what? capentry is woodworking and joining. none of the craftable items are from wood, except battlestaffs. carpentry would involve saws, hammers, nails, planks. probably chisel, but its not wood carving, its building stuff. i dont see how it could tie in to crafting

i would expect farming to be affected, with people being able to grow their own teak and mohgany trees, plus oak is useful in carpentry. oaks might be the starting type of wood, with higher quality as your level goes up. also, building a house by yourself would be a tremendous task. i would expect houses could be built by a number of people working together. the blast furnace comes to mind.

to me, definitely woodcutting and smithing nails. possibly farming. but crafting? cant see the connection

Carpentry is the art of CRAFTING items out of wood, so, as spock would say, it is a logical conclusion that carpentry will be an add-on to crafting.

I don't see why it has to be a whole new skill. Why can't it just be an add on to crafting? I know this sounds stupid, but I don't like having to scroll down to see all my spells... I'm going to be really frustrated when I have to scroll down to see all my skills :oops:

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

I don't see why it has to be a whole new skill. Why can't it just be an add on to crafting? I know this sounds stupid, but I don't like having to scroll down to see all my spells... I'm going to be really frustrated when I have to scroll down to see all my skills :oops:

another convert :)