Carpentry: Your opinion

0ne_time

prob comin out in december.. atually it IS. i didnt c it in the bts, so it comes out by december 31st AT THE LATEST or ill c u guys at the offical rants fourm 8)

if its like farming... well.....

o well, lets just hope they give us the thing like farmin, get the things b4 it comes out

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it is another farming i will do something bad! really, the only reason i ever became a member was because of farming. and it turned out poo really didn't it? i'm going to not renew my membership now until i have trained all my f2p skills up (legends :-D ) or POH's come out and people have told me what they think. so keep posting so i know whether to renew!

fcamo,Amythest00.gif

they also promised POH before the end of this year.

i should look up the behind the scenes thats in.

That was in June's Behind the Scenes

We have seperated Farming from Player-Owned Houses in order to bring it to you sooner. Player Owned Houses are still being worked on along with the Carpentry skill for release towerds the end of this year - Honestly! :-)

Let's hold Jagex to that claim!

The Devil's Hour...

Minuit+666.png

well they still have time till januare... then they released RS2 to evryone...

it will come if they promise, but give the some thime...

and i think jagex will not make it a skill but a mini-game (if it's still mini ;))

The only reason that farming died was because it took us 15 minutes to grow a level 1 plant (potatoes) and them it took 3000+ hours to grow a spirit tree ( i think ) kinda lame.... as for carpentry, i think it will be lots of fun, no one will be owning us in our level, and we can find everything out as we go... nothing like farming... like when slayer came out, lots of people killing for levels, this will be like woocutting, in a way, you get levels kinda fast (i got 50 woodcutting levels in one day) it isn't a wait time at all, making it very interactive and fun, i hope... :roll: :lol:

El Psy Congroo.

well, hopefully if you can make you own house, it will be in its own little world, say you'd have a portal that tele's you to your house area, which cost money depending on how big you want it. hopefull you can have others over by using a telother kinda system to get to your house to have partys or box social, whatever you like..

Now I have to say I like the idea of taking a camp bed along and catching a quick snooze to heal HPs while wandering through the dungeons. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m also quite partial to the idea of building my own ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâflame-proofÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ chair and using it, along with a whip, to try and tame a baby dragon.

Whatever we all say, if and when, carpentry comes about ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ there will be some who love it, some who hate it, and a lot who will do it anyway as it helps improve their stats in other things.

Both Fishing and Farming are very long drawn out processes, but we have to catch the fish to heal (or buy them) and farming is a good way to grow the herbs to increase herblore. I was stuck for ages trying to get my herblore level up but just could not get the herbs ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ unless I bought them and then the prices were often beyond me. Now I grow herbs that are a higher level than I can identify! Also sweetcorn ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ not much as far as healing goes, but each one gives 100exp to cooking, not bad and very little danger of getting burnt. (This helps to increase my cooking levels so I burn less fish!)

So before we all make our minds up about how naff a skill it is going to be ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ lets give them a chance to put it out! You never know, we may be pleasantly surprised. After all, they have been holding back releasing it for a reason. I for one will be EXTREMELY GRATEFULL to have a place I can hold on to and display those quest items I keep on having to throw out in order to make room in my bank. And to be able to build my own potting shed so I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to keep all those seeds and the things I have grown in my bank ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ sheer bliss!

:D

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

Carpenting will be released at the same time as Duke Nukem Forever

Haha good call. Yeah they have been promising it forever. Not like i really care though.. I can't even keep up with what they already have these days so suits me if take thier time.

I think carpentry will be a great skill!

You could build barricades for ranging maybe that would be great wouldnt it?

You could build things to get your running fatigue up and also heal!

You could build things to store items in.

You could make your own house for bragging rights aswell as a domain away from everyone else unless there invited :).

You could make your own forges workshops and stuff like that.

You could make a garden at your house.

The possibilitys are endless.

The problem people porbably had with farming was well the wait. (i have a problem with that cause if i leave....theyll die lol)

So don't judge just wait it could be something great and if not something you can do while your bored.

-O.O-Albert Einstien

I definately think carpentry will have it's uses. As for farming it was everything I expected it to be and really isn't a bad skill...I just choose not to train it any farther. Carpentry will probably allow you to make things like beds and chairs yes that can be used inside your own personal houses, but don't underestimate the power of the bed. In RSC beds and sleeping bags were used to restore fatique so in carpentry they will probably be used to restore eng and perhaps HP. That alone is useful :P Also, you will probably be able to make chests to hold things like little bank chests, but seperate from the bank. That can be useful if you just wanted to quickly access your usual Pking gear. Also, players will probably be able to visit other player's house, but only see their own house. In order for the other player's to access a player's house that person will probably have to be on the person's friend list and tele themself there with an enchanted ruby necklace. I think POH have a lot of potential, but don't expect something miraculous or you will probably be dissapointed and my membership I'm letting expire today and I'll pay for it again to activate about December when carpentry should come out :D

captain_poet.png

i think the carpenting thing would be cool if we could make like our own staffs (with the help of magic (for enchanting the stick to staff & enchantin orb) & craftin (for makin orb & attachin orb & staff).we could maybe make our own poles & stuff for the spears too (with better wood needed for better spears of course :P ), & i think the private houses would be good if we just get tired of ppl sayin 'fr33 st00fs plz!!!1!!111111one!!!!' over & over & over & over again.we could also make a private meetin house of sorts for our friends & clans with these.maybe also make the option of connectin sertain houses (with both ppls consent).& chairs & beds & stuff should be able to increase the rate ya recover hp & energy with the better materials ya use to make em.& idunno, but maybe make the ability to have an altar in your house (make the symbol & cover & altar table & stuff then bless with prayer ablility at higher lvs with better results for higher prayer to be able to use).& for that flame [developmentally delayed]ant chair, wouldnt that be used in a sort of beastmaster type of skill?not summoning, because youd have to catch yer potential pet to try & tame, then keep in a cage (carpentry/craftin & smithin used to make) to make sure they dont vacate, then when they obey yer every command to the letter & enjoy it, ya wont need the cage & if it were a combat-type, ya could have it help out.different beasties means different abilities (for example : adult dragon can fly, so be able to take ya certain places if ya can give it motivation (a favorite treat )dependin on the distance, & the stronger the pet, the heavier the stuff it can cart around).ya like the idea?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

from what I can see carpentry is almost out.

nails come in many different kinds

In the shades quest you can buy limestone and use a chisle on it to make stone blocks. Now apply that to mining and you can mine stone (possible many different types)

roofing: there are already many tiles in wildy.

there are planks and tar.

just watch as POH is a lvl 80 carpentry skill. The only concern I have is runescape isn't big enough for each person to have their own house/castle. (UO refernce) and if they do it like farming then I and 100s of others will be walking into the same house and have it act like the bank where as soon as you enter you only see what you have in it.

A very puzzling problem that is the only thing that could be keeping them from realeasing it early.

Join PHATE (Party Hat Elimination) And help distroy all Phats in game!

Ok i think crafting will be cool, i didnt even no about it till my friend was telling me about it while i was woodcutting in seers and i searched it on the forums and it looks cool.

1. This is supposted to be the beginning of ingame clans.

2. Rummors of player owned shops?!

3. Good spots to hang out with friends.

4. A new skill to raise sence no one uses the farming skill they gave us.

Those are my top 4 things why i think carpentry will be cool. Sorry if you didnt like my 4th opion, just not alot of people use farming because it takes to long. Personally if crafting is like farming and turns out to be like a skill that takes 70 minutes to do one thing like farming. Im not going to use it.

Gonegaming12.png

*Southern Accent* "Ya really need to stop throwing stuuuuuff" *Southern Accent*

gonegaming12.png

One problem with POHs is that if they want to allow people to see each others houses, (which I am sure they do) they will need tons of space to put them in, when you consider the number of players there are.

I think that to deal with this problem, they will have your house is on an island or something, and at the dock and/or via your friends list you can 'invite' people to your house, and then when they board the boat they have the option to go to your POH.

If not on an island, maybe you talk to some NPC and give it the 'address' of your friends house, and it teleports you there.

That way on the server side, it wouldn't be much more complicated than if they were to make it like farming patches, where you can only see your own.

yea on this one game ive played called puzzle pirates its like that... you bought a house and its just one place, but every one had a different place on the inside where only you or invited ppl could see your houses interior. so maybe it would be like a house in a "fortress"...you goto the front gate to get in, but inside its unbuilt, then you have to build the house yourself, so that carpentry isnt a wasted thing.

all they'd need to make carpentry fun is to make it so u can burn the stuff u make.

They could also put in the wieldable chair, hehe, bonk! i just killed a noob!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: