Carpentry: Your opinion

0ne_time

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carpentry could be good. But when it does come out (if is does) it better be available to FREE PLAYERS!!! Free players need another thing to do. No improvement for some time. Well carpentry could be used for building and another use for a hammer.

It could like farmining patches except called building ground and you'd could build a structure there and I guess.... go inside? Pretty useless... but something to do... Or else you could make it a minigame with rewards. Buill dthe best and fastest structture and get carpentry exp along the way.

electrofrog6ck.jpg

fotwunderbanner2zg4.png

listen crafting is a must if they are truly coming out with the long awaited POH other wise it would be a total snooze fest. :roll: as for it being added to the crafting skill, it probably will, for crafting and carpentry are the same thing. in my opinion they are going to come out with carpentry but wont be ready to produce POH so they will tourture us with the same long wait as the carpentry skill that still hasnt come out yet. :shock: in the end carpentry will be a complete failure...unless im rong ov course :?:

i think that carpentry would be a good idea gives u more to choose from if ure bored...but they should allow non members to use it too....im a member but i wanst once and it would allow the people that have been playing for years but cant join p2p a chance for something new.

kimbo201.png

i agree, jagex need to look after their f2p people. because all in all they are the members of tommorow. and if they lose interest in the game before they choose to become memb they never will.

as for carpentry, it could go either way like farming did, personaly i find farming usefull, as you dont have to go out on trips to chaos monks for herbs then find the right ones when u can just grow them. But with carpentry the options for it are limited, i cant see it as a particularly profitable skill until you get to the extreme levels e.g 90 etc but it could be good, depends how much effort is put into its creation

carpentry is definitely not going to be an f2p skill. there's not enough landspace in the f2p worlds for more buildings such as houses, crowded as these worlds are, unless they make apartment buildings and then it would start to look like the projects lol

im pretty sure that one of the new things we will see for carpentry would be worksheds. i suppose the lumberyard north of varrock would also be renovated so you could run your logs through it and get planks.

the ability to build barricades or other wooden obstacles would definitely make melee fighters hugely disadvantaged. and giving us the ability to build chests anywhere we want to store items, that would make the game way too easy. i think most likely houses would be subject to termite damage and a number of other hazards that we would have to be constantly repairing in order to level up the skill. sounds extremely boring, but i suppose as your levels get higher you can use better materials and build a more durable house

what kind of new items would be needed? saw? yardstick/measuring tape? maybe molten glass could be used to make window panes? metal hinges for doors? could you design your own unique house?

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

OK people go check 'June behind the scences' is says the crapentary SKILL will come out towards the end of the year, (it will be one of Decembers updates!!!) it also said SKILL so i guess it will be a seperate one, the only thing i know of is when they said farming carpentary and summoning is coming out is that when pple said summoning is gonna be a seperate skill Forum and Jagex mods corrected them saying it would be part of magic.

But when people started talking about carpntary being a seperate skill noone corrected them, that probably means its gonna be a seperate skill. GOt that?!?!?!?

GOOD!

*adding a siggy*

OH yeah,

i dunno weather this is true but i heard my best freind talking about being seperate worlds for yr houses, i dunno wether he was just suggesting or wether he hear it from Jagex or what....

*still adding a soggy( i mean siggy0*

Let me start by saying that i actually like farming...

There are many of us who aren't just in the game for combat. I actually find the combat slightly droll. The concepts presented for carpentry sound great. I would love to customize my own house.

Here is an idea for a random event.

"big bad wolf comes to blow your house down." Hope you made it well. :wink:

i agree, jagex need to look after their f2p people. because all in all they are the members of tommorow. and if they lose interest in the game before they choose to become memb they never will.

as for carpentry, it could go either way like farming did, personaly i find farming usefull, as you dont have to go out on trips to chaos monks for herbs then find the right ones when u can just grow them. But with carpentry the options for it are limited, i cant see it as a particularly profitable skill until you get to the extreme levels e.g 90 etc but it could be good, depends how much effort is put into its creation

Well... There are too many things you might be able to make for the profit to start at lvl 90+. I meen, bank ank, cabinets, tables, cupboards, straw bread, wood bed, wood bed with straw on top, wood bed with plants in it, wood beds with wool in it, metal beds(bronze to rune!) with straw on top, metal beds with plants in it, metal beds with wool in it, sleeping bags of straw, sleeping bags of plant, and sleeping bag of wool. Thats 34 items that can be sold at high prices! Not to mantion others things that jagex might add. This can easily be a money making skill

OFF TOPIC: Like my sig? It's my first pixel sig, made it myself :D

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

Personally Im excited for the new skill if it ever comes out. Think of the possibilities with carpentry and POH's. You never know what else besides POH's that jagex has in store for the skill. Who knows, maybe you could build your own ship sort of like how u fix one on D slayer only you get to keep the ship and sail to certain ports. Maybe they will have community projects, for instance large plots of land that players can build upon together. Maybe you can build ladders or steps to reach certain areas. Im just saying that there is alot of potiential to this skill and that pple should give it a chance.

As for POH's I think the best solution is to have possibly public areas and private areas for which to build upon. For a small fee u could buy a plot of land, build upon it as if in the sims, possibly buy animals or monsters for it, and maybe certain resources for other skills. and input who you want to allow access to if specified pple or everybody or even nobody but urself. Other pple could come to the entrance type in the player who's house they want to visit, and if permitted by the owner would be allowed in. There would be of course limitations to the land resources available, maybe even the better the carpentry the better skill resources available for you to use. such as ground for farming or a yew tree on the land or what not.

As for Public POH's that are seen by everyone I believe the solution is to have certain areas of land that you could buy temporarily and build upon that land for everyone to see. that way the land can be used and still be available to later players. One last comment is that I strongly believe that land selling should be purely an npc opperated purchase. that way players cant buy land for cheap and sell to other players for huge unfair prices.

I think every skill is usefull to some point... ie. farming had done wonders for my herblore.... though I do think it had little effect on my cooking the way Jagex had intended.

All in all carpentry makes sence as a related skill to wc and POH in the grandscheme of rs. Whether it will be enjoyable or intolorable remains to be seen.