Carpentry: Your opinion

0ne_time

Well, Jagex has said that they were going to release carpentry way back in 2002. Then, last year, they said again when rs2 started that they will make a new skill called carpentry within 1 year's time. None of Jagex's promises of carpentry turned out to be true.

When the mini quest in trai banu came out, there was a rumor that the mohagany and teak logs were for carpentry, which would be coming out soon. It was declared true by a few Jagex staff members. But, once again, around 4 months after the release(I may be wrong, if so, tell me) of the miniquest, carpentry is still not released.

Do YOU beleive that carpentry will ever come out? If so, when do you think it will come out?

As for me, I think it will come out in about a few months, but then again, i thought the same way when they added carpentry to the stats page while playing rs.

In this post, I don't mean to say that Jagex are liars, I am saying this SOLELY for the purpose of knowing your opinions.

PLEASE, NO FLAMING OR SPAMMING.

Thanks, One time

P.s. Urza, please don't say I'm one of the many tip.it chars that this person made in order to spaM, I'm sure he or she won't make a post this big to spam.

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't really see glassblowing or cutting a gem similar to hammering nails into a board :P

but they might release it at christmastime as a sort of 'gift' thing. who knows though.

and about the actual skill, it could go either way.. being another farming or something else. but what i think might work is a minigame sort of thing, involving puzzles or minigames or w/e which you do while doing carpentry, changing based on your level and what you're carpenting; it'd be interesting seeing how quickly people like zezima would level up when you actually have to think :lol:

ubersig2se0.jpg

IMO carpentry sounds stupid, why not just simply add it on as part of crafting...its practically the same thing.
You have a point there. But carpentry is using wood to build things. Crafting is often used in a much smaller scale than carpentry. Then again, since dragonhide is cut with a knife to make objects and it's called crafting, since in carpentry you often used knives and saws in the time RS is based in, which i think is Middle Ages, are both similar.

It would make sense to do that, but probably, Jagex will just add it as another skill to increase the amount of skills that members have that f2p don't, considering it's going to be a p2p only skill. That's if they want more members.

i don't really see glassblowing or cutting a gem similar to hammering nails into a board :P

but they might release it at christmastime as a sort of 'gift' thing. who knows though.

and about the actual skill, it could go either way.. being another farming or something else. but what i think might work is a minigame sort of thing, involving puzzles or minigames or w/e which you do while doing carpentry, changing based on your level and what you're carpenting; it'd be interesting seeing how quickly people like zezima would level up when you actually have to think :lol:

In that case, it is different, but when you compare cutting gems with carving dragonhide into armour seems alot like the difference that you pointed out.

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

more lvls to my toal lvl, thats all i care about

why, total level isnt that big of a deal really. its nice but theirs alot smarter better people in this game with a less total then me

if thats the case post your RSN and total.

My opinion: it sucks

you don't even know what you'l have to do to raise carpentry?

you might find it fun , don't say it sucks before you even tried it.

i dunno , i think it will be kinda like farming , 1 week people will train that skill so hard , then slowly it will die , like farming , you nearly see no people at the plantations.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

My opinion: it sucks

you don't even know what you'l have to do to raise carpentry?

you might find it fun , don't say it sucks before you even tried it.

i dunno , i think it will be kinda like farming , 1 week people will train that skill so hard , then slowly it will die , like farming , you nearly see no people at the plantations.

well, the reason for that is perhaps because farming exp takes time, its not like fletching(easiest skill EVER)constant experiance as long as you have the $ and wood

more lvls to my toal lvl, thats all i care about

why, total level isnt that big of a deal really. its nice but theirs alot smarter better people in this game with a less total then me

if thats the case post your RSN and total.

kmhlb, total: 1400, combat: 90

Well, Jagex has said that they were going to release carpentry way back in 2002. Then, last year, they said again when rs2 started that they will make a new skill called carpentry within 1 year's time. None of Jagex's promises of carpentry turned out to be true.

Firstly, they implemented carpentry into the game, but they felt it wasnt the right time for it, so they pulled it.

Secondly, Yes, they said they'd release it, but priorities get shifted around. It happens!

Thirdly...They have been working on it for a long time, and have told the players that they will release it at the end of this year, ie December.

If December passes without Carpentry being released, all of us are going to be extremely angry, but lets wait ^_^

and once carpentry is out...

will we all get IKEA catalogs delivered to our POH's?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The idea has potential, but it all depends on the execution really.

Jagex tried something different with farming, making it so you are not just stood in front of a tree/rock/fishing spot/stall just constantly clicking, but the problem is it's just too darn complicated and the only way to farm efficiantly is to have alot of teleport runes.

With carpentry I'm hoping they make it a bit like Fletching but requiring you to do a little more. So if you wanted to make an chair you'd need cut and shape each part of the chair (4 legs, base and back) using a chisel and knife, then take it to an anvil and hammer it together with nails then buy some varnish and add it to the chair. Then you can sell it or use it in your house.

They really need to start telling us about what their plans are for carpentry, that way they won't release it and have more whining because no one likes it.

I still can't really see it appearing this side of the new year really.

blazesigbq9.jpg

My opinion: They need to release it. It's been long enough. Planks and tiles have been out for Andrew knows how long... Used to be on the skill list (way back in the days of rsc)... But, whatever... I'm personally against the POHs, they seem like they'd be a waste. They might make them good, but we'll see. I'm also against making carpentry a seperate skill. It basically is a mix of crafting, smithing, and fletching, and therefore should be additions to those skills, as opposed to its own seperate skill. Just like necromancy or summoning, that should be added to magic. Though, you'd have to learn how to make things through quests, mini-quests, or whatever... Like, a 99 smither, crafter, and fletcher couldn't make everything right away, they'd need to unlock the ability to do it. (Like darts and claws, and the ancient magicks, quests were required for them).

I think carpentry will be a complete waste , it doesnt fit the game

what do carpernters do? they build houses/furniture/etc

gee i can make a chair , but oops i cant sit down in this game

wow i can make a bed, oh well cant sleep anymore

sweet i built myself a house! but i cant actually DO anything in here

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

it's probably gonna have the basic principle of farming, you go to a patch put some wood down and start building. no one will ever see what you've accomplished unless you post it because it'll probably be like farming where you don't see what other peoples patches look like :roll: .

I personally wanted carpentry to come out for the last 2 years or whatever. but every time that they said it was going to come out rolls around I never see a new carpentry skill :?

hopefully they might come out with it in december ( last date they said was late this year ).

so who knows... :?

-Daddyhammer

HipHop.png

TheDark or Kevinnv on other forums.

I think carpentry will be a complete waste , it doesnt fit the game

what do carpernters do? they build houses/furniture/etc

gee i can make a chair , but oops i cant sit down in this game

wow i can make a bed, oh well cant sleep anymore

sweet i built myself a house! but i cant actually DO anything in here

Good call on that. We definetly need some better community stuff like chairs you can sit at as well as the random adventures they promised.

(I got a taste of WOW and I keep on thinking how Jagex could do stuff similar to that).