Carpentry: Your opinion

0ne_time

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion: They need to release it. It's been long enough. Planks and tiles have been out for Andrew knows how long... Used to be on the skill list (way back in the days of rsc)... But, whatever... I'm personally against the POHs, they seem like they'd be a waste. They might make them good, but we'll see. I'm also against making carpentry a seperate skill. It basically is a mix of crafting, smithing, and fletching, and therefore should be additions to those skills, as opposed to its own seperate skill. Just like necromancy or summoning, that should be added to magic. Though, you'd have to learn how to make things through quests, mini-quests, or whatever... Like, a 99 smither, crafter, and fletcher couldn't make everything right away, they'd need to unlock the ability to do it. (Like darts and claws, and the ancient magicks, quests were required for them).

mh, with those things implemented it would be something good. I'm also f the oppinion that it shouldnt be a seperate skill and the addition of lots of quests before being able to make the best thing/table/... is also a must.

My opinion: it sucks

you don't even know what you'l have to do to raise carpentry?

you might find it fun , don't say it sucks before you even tried it.

i dunno , i think it will be kinda like farming , 1 week people will train that skill so hard , then slowly it will die , like farming , you nearly see no people at the plantations.

well, the reason for that is perhaps because farming exp takes time, its not like fletching(easiest skill EVER)constant experiance as long as you have the $ and wood

I think it should take 2 time as much time as when leveling fletching.

why :?: : Well, if you make beds, maybe, just maybe, you might be able to rest on them getting you back to full hp, but it should take some time, like, lets say, 2 or 3 mins to rest. With chairs, you might be able to rest for like 1 min to heal you up till half hp.Carpentry should be a very usefull skill if they impliment it right, so it should take time. It shouldnt take you like 1 week to get from 1 to 99, because then, it's just way too easy. But the bad thing is i can't really think of a variety of things to make, unless it's like, bad chair, good chair, great chair, ect.

I don't think Poh's should be able to have like dragons. It might have farming patches for the garden, and guard dogs in the back yard. Something sensible, not like a skill paradise.

Thanks,

One time

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

carpentry, as well as any other skill, takes lots of time to produce. Making improvements to the game are harder than it might seem. Besides, the longer they work on it the better it will be.

yow90.gif

drops: dragon-- none

barrows-- none

tzhaar---- obby shield (1), obby cape (1)

I'm leaving it to the mods lol-while there have been more and more and more of these posts, I don't care anymore, the mods are aware of what's going on and if it goes out of hand they will take care of it.

On topic:

Carpentry is lame lol. No use IMO.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

I used to have 1 carpentry a long time ago heh same for fletching and herblore so who knows...

I'm also anxious about summoning and player owned houses...

uh? how did you have 1 carpentry? i mean we all will any way, but how do you have it set before its released

I used to have 1 carpentry a long time ago heh same for fletching and herblore so who knows...

Everyone that played at that time, including me, had that, not just you. I don't think that fletching and herblaw were ever on the stat page when not being able to them.

Thanks,

One time

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

Everyone that played at that time, including me, had that, not just you. I don't think that fletching and herblaw were ever on the stat page when not being able to them.

Thanks,

One time

let me guess, this wasnt in the past 7months was it?

Thanks,

One time

let me guess, this wasnt in the past 7months was it?

Nope.. around 2-3 years ago

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

IMO carpentry sounds stupid, why not just simply add it on as part of crafting...its practically the same thing.

A. no its not, you havn't worked in a workshop in rl have you...

B. people thought farming sounded stupid... growing rannars is really stupid espically when you can get up to (11 i am pretty sure) per one seed... yeah dumb idea there jagex

C. what would it be used for would be with poh's which will come eventually...

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

I think that if carpentry does come out you could biuld stuff for your player house (If those ever come out...)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

One problem with POHs is that if they want to allow people to see each others houses, (which I am sure they do) they will need tons of space to put them in, when you consider the number of players there are.

I think that to deal with this problem, they will have your house is on an island or something, and at the dock and/or via your friends list you can 'invite' people to your house, and then when they board the boat they have the option to go to your POH.

If not on an island, maybe you talk to some NPC and give it the 'address' of your friends house, and it teleports you there.

That way on the server side, it wouldn't be much more complicated than if they were to make it like farming patches, where you can only see your own.

Thanks,

One time

'

Actually all three were. I remember looking herblore and fletching up in the dictionary. Now it is called herblaw but before it was called Herblore ;)

Thanks,

One time

'

Actually all three were. I remember looking herblore and fletching up in the dictionary. Now it is called herblaw but before it was called Herblore ;)

You mean it was called Herblaw before and call herblore now, right?

hmmm... i think fletching was kind of like a carpentry... plus you wouldn't be able to make much anyway that you couldn't think of with fletching... think of how stressed they are anyway... jagex staff probably has complaints, suggestions and all that on their mind.. plus it doesn't sound like they have too much staff anyway...

think about jagex might just add it to other skills. to get planks carve normal logs that could (probably not be cause fletchgin is making arrows..) be in fletching. and limestone bricks erm crafting or smelting. nails r already in smithing. oh and making gardens (maybe) farming obviously. tho i realise that some things would have to be put in a different one but think about it...

oh about mny opinion everyone thought farming would be great... personally im not exactly thrilled or disapointed...id say im neutral

maxsig28nv.gif