The Cyber-Duels

Jehosaphat

*ahem*

Leaf = infinitesimal damage, near infinite accuracy + no armour, infinite speed = autowin

Any of you who didn't catch the reference, it's understandable. This game is completely messed up, because customization in the Tavern means infinite OP-ness.

'Tis fun to argue, though.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nexan battle cry; "No Customization Without Moderation!"

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

According to Pies Rules:

Mather is a man with no armour or weapons, Archi is a brick, Rocco is the city of detroit, Earth is a mental patient who thinks s/he is a ninja, Grim is a giant?

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Ahahaha..... This got out of hand. Probably should've put something about being at least 65kg in the rules, shouldn't I.... Well, always room for new rules...

And Rocco, you always post your intended actions. However, much like Dungeoneering, things don't always go that way - I "roll" using a RNG to determine your success.

Edit: I'm going to go through the thread and reply to everything in reverse chronological order by editing this. I have nothing better to do, so.... but by "everything," I'm not going to include ridiculous arguments about weapon OPness and such.

Nex - A leaf would have 0 armor, thus 0 defense. Would be highly mobile. However, with no weapon, you'd have 0 weapon power, and thus not be able to attack beyond fluttering in your opponent's face before eventually being obliterated.

Grim - You'll need armor. Given your higher-powered weapon (assuming you'd keep the cannon), you'd take a fair number of hits before getting a good shot. Unless, of course, you intend to dodge...

Archi - Once again, no weapon = 0 weapon power. 0 * infinity = 0, so you'd do no damage. And you'd be essentially immobile until most of your armor got cut away....

Earth - Just robes, eh? You'd be highly mobile, and your weapons (whichever you choose) would be very low-power, so you'd be wanting a hit-and-run technique, as well as praying your opponent doesn't get a hit.

Rocco - Pretty much the same thing I said to Earth.

Sheep - Your mind and soul got cut off from your program by "THE MASTER." Basically, no hackin the game. Besides that, your armor sounds very high-powered, rendering you essentially immobile. Please rethink, else you get put in the arena against someone who can actually move.

Archi again - You'd be more than immobile, if that's possible. You'd also have no weapon, so you couldn't really do squat.

Mather - Strong armor, rendering you highly immobile. Also, high powered weapon means you'd be missing frequently. However, your armor would keep you from being obliterated until you manage to get a hit, in which case your opponent will probably be wounded or toast.

I added a couple new rules to prevent OPness and let me keep my sanity:

Limit of one weapon per fighter.

Your weapon cannot be your armor, and vice versa.

You MUST HAVE a form of weapon.

All characters must weigh at least 65kg.

With these in mind, please redesign your warriors. And please remember - this arena is not necessarily going to pertain to the laws of physics. You may end up in an anti-gravity environment, or one with no friction on the surface.

a70c7.png

My armour is more strategic than heavy, say the alloy is 1 part tungsten, 4 parts titanium, then I'll weigh 36% * steel weight + (34,2% * lead weight).

Titanium is 45% lighter than steel, tungsten is 71% heavier than lead.

Medium weight armour (at least if I change the thickness) I shouldn't be immobile, in case you didn't understand my shape it's humanoid, 10 ten the size of a man.

Also due to rule changeM; only one .75 cal gattling, and add a jetpack to the equation.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Ok then. Minor changes, given factors involved.

Water will be pressurised at 500 atomspheres, and be heated to 2,000 degrees C.

Considering that a sphere is now immobile(Ruddy silly rule if you ask me...how do you make a sphere immobile...)...I am going to add huge spikes on all sides, these are not weapons(since I can't move, so they can't impale much), they are defences against people walking up to me with high explosives.(They also hold me still)

However, the Tungsten shell willl now be covered with steam jets, which will be my weapons(How on earth you don't count searing steam jets and the ability to crush your enemies in a rolling ball of death, as not weapons, is frankly beyond me...)

The spikes will also have tubes inside them to convey steam.

Steam jets have a range of 20 meters direct fire, and , depending on the room size, can cover the whole room given time.

If outside then spikes can be fired, via compressed steam, to a distance of up to 500 meters, with fairly poor accuracy. (This will count as my main weapon, since I can only have 1 weapon...But I can change this between battles.)

There are 129,600 spikes, which should cover most of the degrees. Spikes are 5 meters long, giving there sphere a diameter of 18 meters.

Sphere is renamed 'Steam Powered Floating Ball of Death!'

Those spikes would only bounce harmlessly of anything sloped so they don't matter much to me, you are on the other hand seriously overdoing the distance the steam is able to travell while keeping it's heat, after just a few meters it would be just a spray of water, not that heat would help much, 30cm of an alloy with the one metal with highest melting temperature and made out of two non-rusting metals would protect me against that.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

you are on the other hand seriously overdoing the distance the steam is able to travell while keeping it's heat

Based on anything at all?

A demonstration of Kettle you saw once perhaps? Of a 70 degee celcius steam cloud, perhaps?

Your three massive fails there are '2,000 Degrees Celcius Steam', 'Constant heating' and 'Confined Space'

All of which seriously screw over your premise of steam magically losing all of its heat and becoming 20 degrees celcius water...where does the heat go? No body knows, but it went somewhere that isn't here....Stargate Wormhole tech, probably, after all the microbes(Which some how didn't die in the super heated steam, because, as we all know, steam loses all heat in a few meters) are super intelligent, and built a stargate during the second year playing the Microbe version of Hegemony, everyone said they were over powered, but then they posted a video of Stargate, and after 5 weeks everyone got sick of arguing with them and so they were allowed to have a stargate, on condition that they never used it. So they began syphoning off the heat from steam, because it was Steam(Played by Archi) which argued most strongly against the use of game breaking tech.

Then steam posted a massive arguement for why stargate tech wouldn't work, and so the microbs posted a picture of Jack O'neil. Then Steam decided it was just easier to build a Stargate bomb. But the the Microbes said that nothing could blow up a stargate. So Steam posted a video of a stargate blowing up. But the microbs said it was only a TV show and had no bearing on reality at all. Then they developed a super drug based on something in Stargate, followed by a limitless powersource, backed up with more videos from stargate.

30cm of an alloy with the one metal with highest melting temperature and made out of two non-rusting metals would protect me against that.

Considering that Tungsten is one of the best Thermal Conductors it would heat up really quick, and Titanium is about a 10th as thermally conductive, you would be very quickly BOILED ALIVE inside your suit...

Also Titanium would melt at 1668 degrees celcius...so you 4/5ths of your armour would melt off...

If this game is, in any way, based on commonsense, then my weapons would boil you, inside your suit, and eventually melt your suit down, so only the Tungsten remained...

Since you clearly don't understand the laws of themodynamics...or indeed commonsense it seems....it is pointless to carry on this conversation.

Mather logic:

You are really overdoing the distance a bullet could travel before it turned into metal vapour due to friction. Like 3 meters or something then it would whoosh into vapour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2mj-Sq2oeo

See its proof that when you put something cold into something warm it is still warm

you are on the other hand seriously overdoing the distance the steam is able to travell while keeping it's heat

Based on anything at all?

A demonstration of Kettle you saw once perhaps? Of a 70 degee celcius steam cloud, perhaps?

Your three massive fails there are '2,000 Degrees Celcius Steam', 'Constant heating' and 'Confined Space'

All of which seriously screw over your premise of steam magically losing all of its heat and becoming 20 degrees celcius water...where does the heat go? No body knows, but it went somewhere that isn't here....Stargate Wormhole tech, probably, after all the microbes(Which some how didn't die in the super heated steam, because, as we all know, steam loses all heat in a few meters) are super intelligent, and built a stargate during the second year playing the Microbe version of Hegemony, everyone said they were over powered, but then they posted a video of Stargate, and after 5 weeks everyone got sick of arguing with them and so they were allowed to have a stargate, on condition that they never used it. So they began syphoning off the heat from steam, because it was Steam(Played by Archi) which argued most strongly against the use of game breaking tech.

Then steam posted a massive arguement for why stargate tech wouldn't work, and so the microbs posted a picture of Jack O'neil. Then Steam decided it was just easier to build a Stargate bomb. But the the Microbes said that nothing could blow up a stargate. So Steam posted a video of a stargate blowing up. But the microbs said it was only a TV show and had no bearing on reality at all. Then they developed a super drug based on something in Stargate, followed by a limitless powersource, backed up with more videos from stargate.

Steam "wants" to lose it's heat, it's excess energy that the outside world "wants".

As for your attempted hegemony [cabbage]: Screw you! The only thing there I did was the powersource who wasn't unlimited, but generated a constant 3 terrawatt and was limited to one each five years.

Considering that Tungsten is one of the best Thermal Conductors it would heat up really quick, and Titanium is about a 10th as thermally conductive, you would be very quickly BOILED ALIVE inside your suit...

Also Titanium would melt at 1668 degrees celcius...so you 4/5ths of your armour would melt off...

If this game is, in any way, based on commonsense, then my weapons would boil you, inside your suit, and eventually melt your suit down, so only the Tungsten remained...

Since you clearly don't understand the laws of themodynamics...or indeed commonsense it seems....it is pointless to carry on this conversation.

Not a suit, we're supposed to be the mechs, not wear them.

Titanium melts ar 1668 degrees celcius, thus I would have had to stand one meter away from you until the titanium melted, or would have had it not been that an alloy is two metals melted together into one, not used in composite (you don't see bronze melt at the temperature tin melts at).

Thus you are still the mistaken, no idea of how energy acts, nor any knowledge in metalurgi past what you at wikipedia read about each individual metal.

Mather logic:

You are really overdoing the distance a bullet could travel before it turned into metal vapour due to friction. Like 3 meters or something then it would whoosh into vapour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2mj-Sq2oeo

See its proof that when you put something cold into something warm it is still warm

A bullet wants to remain solid, steam doesn't want to remain a gas, basic knowlegde.

As for your attempted explaination of the vid, heat is energy, cold is lack of it, little energy is required to fill the small void, a lot is required to overflow everything else on it's path.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Ross - Okay, but here, the more armor you have, the less you can move. Regardless of size and other abilities. And lasers can vary in power from excessively destructive to a laser pointer. Care to tell me just how powerful this laser is?

a70c7.png

It has several settings, one is excessivly destructive, one is medium, and the other is fairly weak.

It has like 7 inches of titanium-tungsten armour on it, with an iridium coating for no reason other than getting to use the word 'Iridium'

2Xeo5.png

Sigh

Steam "wants" to lose it's heat, it's excess energy that the outside world "wants".

duty_calls.png

Ok, Mather...I know steam is losing energy to the atomsphere, then naturally the atomsphere would get saturated with energy eventually.

Since we are in a room, of undetermined proportions, common sense dictates that I now anaylse how large a room I could fill with steam...

So... My Sphere of water is 1 meter thick, ranged 3-4 meters from the center. Thus I need to work out the volume of a sphere of 4 meters, then subtract a sphere of 3 meters

So

155 Cubic Meters of Water.

Pressurised to 500 Atomsphers

77,493 Cubic Meters

Heated so it has a lower density:

1000 kg/m3 (Water)

(Using http://www.spiraxsarco.com/esc/SH_Properties.aspx with temperature of 999.85 and pressure of 200 atomspheres, because it only goes that high <_< )

35.0613 kg/m3

So the dispersal would be:

28.5 times greater.

Thus

2,210,215 cubic meters of steam.

Thus, the room would have to be 131 meters, cubically.

Realistically the celing will not be 131 meters away...maybe 10...50 at a push?

So the room would have to be:

200 by 200 by 50, and would be 10% too small...

So would be 210 by 210 by 50. (Since the 10% would be distributed between the first two numbers)

Hence meaning, with highly conservative estimates....I could probably say the density was down at 10 kg.cubic meter, since there is extra pressure and extra temperature...probably even higher...that the steam weapon would cook anything within 131 meters, spherically, which would extend 2,210,215 meters(If it was a cubic jet, with no wind or other influences) in any single direction.

Thus me firing 20 meters worth of steam would leave me some 110,510 shots.

Each shot containing 2608.57 Joules per Kilogram.

Considering I started with 155 Cubic meters of water, or 155 Tonnes of water, that gives me a total energy of 404,328,350 Joules.

Spreading this across 131 cubic meter that would be

3,086,476 Joules per Cubic Meter.

Which is far higher than Titanium's Heat of Vapourisation:

425 kJ·mol−1 or 425,000 Joules per Mole(a mole of Titanium is 22 grams I believe)

Thus I would vaporise, instantously, 160 grams of Titanium, per cubic meter of air exposed to the suit.

Of course instantous vapourisation is pretty unlikely, far more likely is that Titanium would spread that heat across its surface, which would mean that the Titanium would heat up to around 2,000 degrees C... Which would be more than sufficent to boil a human body, which would be you, inside the suit.

Thus, through ruthless application of maths and logic I have sucessfully shown that my steam powered sphere of doom is easily capable of killing you.

Providing of course that energy of 404 MegaJoules were provided, however that was located here:

It has subsquently vanished.

Okay then..... you're going to be practically immobile. And you're going to have to post whatever setting the laser's on when you shoot, else I'm going to assume it's the fairly weak setting.

7 inches isn't that much...

Regardless, I'll reduce it to whatever gives me a decent (30-35 MPH~) speed.

2Xeo5.png

Will this work, I am immobile base located under the arena, in my base I have the operating system to a RFG and Ion cannon satellite system?

Im immoble but practically the most armoured person, the most powerful weapon but it misses a lot, but its range is so large how CAN I miss?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Ross - Okay then, but you're still going to be rather slow. EDIT: How dare you edit on me! Okay then, you'll probably have somewhat thin armor then.

Icu - No. The arena is constantly changing, and before you know it, you'd end up coated in lava or dismembered by magic or something like that. Not to mention being under the arena would render your opponent completely incapable of hitting you, which would anger THE MASTER to the point of him obliterating you for the rest of eternity. He wants at least somewhat fair fights, y'know.

Going to start putting warriors that are actually valid up on the front page...

a70c7.png

Ok I'll make a real one, so what kind of people are the NPC's or master, technological or magical or like bandits?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

NPCs can vary widely, from rangers to mages to swordsmen to Spartans to mushrooms to animated knives to..... You get the point.

And THE MASTER will not reveal anything about his abilities at the current time.

Also, everyone please remember - there's a one-weapon limit. However, the weapon can have multiple uses, such as Ross's laser.

a70c7.png

Ok Ok, I has an idea

I will be a being made of billions of microspores, these microspores on the ground look like regular shadow (The only way you tell is if nothing is casting that shadow) They can fit in gaps in armour, extremely tiny, and can cling on to shadows of their victim.

They can fly, and can get things that are in the air as well, just takes a few seconds longer.

If you watch Doctor Who, you know what I'm saying :D (vashta nerada)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Low armor, and theres billions of em, and they generally swarm an area, they're also very quick (I guess in this game too, due to the low armor)

The forest of the dead episode?

Count the shadows?

It's a REALLY big shaft.