The Cyber-Duels

Jehosaphat

THIS GAME IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED. THIS THREAD IS ONLY TO REMAIN FOR HISTORICAL AND/OR LIGHT READING PURPOSES.

THIS GAME WILL ONLY RUN WHENEVER DUNEONEERING ISN'T RUNNING.

You find yourself in a large room. You shake your head, and the last thing you remember was accepting a job beta-testing reality simulation equipment.

Suddenly, a voice booms, seemingly out of nowhere. "Welcome to the arena, you pathetic dregs of society! You will all be battling for your freedom. Whoever manages to win enough times will get to battle me, and if they manage to defeat me, that lucky one will be set free.... As for the rest of you, well.... you better hope you win."

/backstory

This is something of a mild cross between Dungeoneering, the old Arena thread, and a wild idea of my own.

You will create your own character, and your own weapons and armor. HOWEVER. The heavier your armor, the slower your actions. However, heavier armor offers better protection. For weapons, the higher power your weapon has, the less accurate you are with it.

You will be placed in an arena of my choosing against 1, 2, or maybe even 3 others. These others may be NPCs controlled by me, or they may be other players. You will both act out an action, and a random number generator as well as some of my own discretion will decide how well you do. In order to fight "THE MASTER" *cue thunder in background* you have to have a win/loss ratio of 10:1 fights. Also, after winning a fight, you may find yourself in the next battle with a shiny new piece of equipment.

Other miscellaneous info:

Game will start whenever the GM (who is currently just me) and at least two warriors are present.

If you have to leave mid-battle against an NPC, the battle will essentially freeze.

If you have to leave mid-battle against a player, the battle will cease and be called a tie. Ties do not count towards or against your win/loss record.

There is plenty of magic - be creative! Sometimes your opponent is not what they seem.....

All characters must weigh at least 65kg and have some form of weapon.

Characters can have only one weapon, but can have as much armor as they please.

Your armor may not be your weapon, and your weapon may not be your armor.

Any questions, comments, or concerns, post them or PM them to me whenever.

LET THE BATTLES BEGIN!

P.S. I wrote this somewhat late at night for me. So that's why it lacks a coherent path of thought.

Warrior roster:

[hide=Rocco]Armor: Jeans and a tshirt.

Weapon: Catopus talons

Description: A kid with jeans and a tshirt ready to throw some talons.

Currently fighting: N/A

Win/loss ratio: 1/0[/hide]

[hide=Icuownage]Armor: None really.

Weapon: Self

Description: Hundreds of dark microspores. Can fly.

Currently fighting: NA

Win/loss ratio: 3/0[/hide]

[hide=Ross]Armor: Somewhat thin tungsten-titanium plating.

Weapon: A laser with varying power levels.

Description: A small floating thing.

Currently fighting: Chaos and Order

Win/loss ratio: 1/0[/hide]

[hide=H4K0N (Mather)]Armor: 100mm Sloped tungsten with a ceramic inside.

Weapon: .75 AE 10-barrel gattling turret, 8 rounds per second.

Description: Very large, slim humanoid. Has a jetpack for flight.

Currently fighting: Zombie Jabbas

Win/loss ratio: 3/0[/hide]

[hide=Picard (Archi)]Armor:Lapel Pin

Weapon: Omni-Phaser

Description: Federation Captain Jean-Luc Picard, humanoid, no flight

Win/loss ratio: 1/1[/hide]

[hide=Earth]Armor: robes

Weapon: bladestaff

Description: Human.

Currently fighting: The Gumrocket

Win/loss ratio: 2/1[/hide]

[hide=Grimbot 9000 (Grim)]Armor: 2 inch carbon nano-tubule weave.

Weapon: Arm mounted ion cannon with various power settings

Description: Robot, no flight.

Win/loss ratio: 0/0[/hide]

[hide=Template]Armor:

Weapon:

Description:

Currently fighting:

Win/loss ratio:[/hide]

a70c7.png

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: H4K0N

Armour: 100mm Sloped tungsten with a ceramic inside.

Weapons: .75 AE 10-barrel gattling turret, 8 rounds per second (both arms).

Extra stuff: Jetpack, coolant system, dry-ice container,

Looks/size: Humanoid, slim, ten times the size of an adult man.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Character: Archarnis

Armour: The Intra-Bloggo-Net-Info-Sphere

Weapon: The Intra-Bloggo-Net-Info-Super-Highway

Basically, a body sized mould at the heart of it, suspended in fluorocarbons, surrounding this a void packed with Silica Aerogel. (2 meters)

Encasing this is a large sphere of Solid Rubber (10 Centi-Meters)

Encasing this is a large sphere of solid Titanium (10 Centi-Meters)

Encased in a sphere of vacuum, with eighteen spars connecting the before and after.(30 Centi-Meters)

Encasing that is another sphere of Titanium.(30 Centi-Meters)

Encasing that is a sphere of water, which has 500, Graphene coated, electric heaters, taking the temperatures up to 1,000 degrees C.(1 Meter)

Encasing that is a sphere of Tungsten, with a bumped surface, along with release valves for the steam/water.(20 Centi-Meters)

Total diameter should be 8 meters.

Plan of attack: Hunt down Mather, regardless of what is going on in the Arena.

Tehe

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

You oblivously dubt the power of a .55 AE, with a .55 AE a bulletproof vest doesn't matter, think then what happens with a 2.20 AE, that's four times the size, 4.8mm flat-tipped bullet. Also most attacks should just bounce of me due to the sloped armour.

Also you'll have problems moving, if you coated youself with 4 meters of clothes you'd just be a large ball.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Also you'll have problems moving, if you coated youself with 4 meters of clothes you'd just be a large ball.

Armour: The Intra-Bloggo-Net-Info-Sphere

Encasing this is a large sphere of Solid Rubber (10 Centi-Meters)

Encasing this is a large sphere of solid Titanium (10 Centi-Meters)

Encased in a sphere of vacuum, with eighteen spars connecting the before and after.(30 Centi-Meters)

Encasing that is another sphere of Titanium.(30 Centi-Meters)

Encasing that is a sphere of water, which has 500, Graphene coated, electric heaters, taking the temperatures up to 1,000 degrees C.(1 Meter)

Encasing that is a sphere of Tungsten, with a bumped surface, along with release valves for the steam/water.(20 Centi-Meters)

Total diameter should be 8 meters.

One of us didn't think that through :rolleyes:

You oblivously dubt the power of a .55 AE,

Clearly...Considering you have 40 centimeters of Titanium and 20 centimeters of Tungsten to get though. As well as meter of water.

Considering that a German Tiger II had 18 Centimeters of Steel, and 17 pound guns(76.2 mm) were required to shoot though that... I have very little to worry about from your 14 mm(.55 Inches) punt guns.

No idea what AE is supposed to me...Armour Piercing or Anti-Personal.... I imagine but clearly that doesn't fit...

HE might work, as High Explosive....

Armour Explosive doesn't really make any sense...since someting can't penetrate and explode on contact....it would be oxymoronic.

think then what happens with a 2.20 AE, that's four times the size

So 55 millimeters...well it might get through my Tungsten outcoating...some how I doubt it would get much further than that.

4.8mm flat-tipped bullet

Hmmm, its seeming to be more and more likely to be anti-personal....which means I am going to have a dented Tungsten Sphere...oh the shame...

Also most attacks should just bounce of me due to the sloped armour.

Lets think about this...

30 Milimeters of Titanium/Tungsten...supporting around 5 Tonnes...Hmmm

I think I can safely say my ball of doom will crush your armour and you inside it.

O...k So now that you are immobile it will be a simple matter of cooking you.

Also 3 Centimeters is still nowhere near strong enough to support 6 tonnes...

And those videos did nothing to argue your case...you find a video of a desert eagle shooting through a tank and I will be worried, otherwise...

My gattling fires the equivalent of a desert eagle magasine each second, your armour will be dented and then bursted by fatique before you reach me.

Also since I'm way lighter than you I would be at least ten times as fast.

Also if you try to jump you're so heavy you'd break upon landing if you managed it, while I'm agile.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

He already said that the more powerful a weapon is, the less accurate it will be. Outside sources probably wont matter, rendering all the technical knowledge of guns which, worringly enough, you seem to have, basically useless.

Also, you'll both be pretty much immobile, so yeah.

2Xeo5.png

Also if you try to jump you're so heavy you'd break upon landing if you managed it, while I'm agile.

Such an epic fail of a warning...why would I jump when I am in a 6 tonne object..

My gattling fires the equivalent of a desert eagle magasine each second, your armour will be dented and then bursted by fatique before you reach me.

Great...So you are going to rupture my outer lay and spray the whole area with 1,000 degree steam.

I would escape to safety by the escaping gas, while you would have your weapons seize up and cook you.

Also since I'm way lighter than you I would be at least ten times as fast.

Steam Jets and low friction ball.... Verses a tonnes with legs...

You do know that the steam will only hold it's heat for a couple of meters, and that your ball will not move more than 20 km/h for a couple of seconds, until you have rolled over 90 degrees when the jet will point another direction.

Also, since you asked for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB7FjVo15x4

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You do know that the steam will only hold it's heat for a couple of meters

Based on what exactly?

and that your ball will not move more than 20 km/h for a couple of seconds

Based on?

until you have rolled over 90 degrees when the jet will point another direction.

Ah yes...because obvouisly using more than one jet in tandem would be impossible...

If you are refering to the hole you made, then the energy taken to get it moving would be conserved, since it will come back round again...But energy will be wasted.

Video was what, exactly? Someone shooting 2 bullets though a gas canister and 2 bullets bouncing off a gas canister...

Also, I think its fairly reasonable to assume that your guns will have been destroyed by recoil after 3 or 4 seconds...

All in all your idea is looking less and less credible by the second.

Little trick...keep things simple. My idea, very simple, not much to poke holes in...your idea, mind boggling complicated, and thus very easy to screw up.

Anyway, lectures. Toodle pip.

Mines complicated and your's simple, I think not, anyway's rotating barrels reduce heat and arm mounts dampen recoil, that's how simple those are.

Also four penetrated the propane tank, one hit it on the side, bouncing of since there it was sloped.

As for your armour, it will be penetrated by only two or three 2.20 cal AEs, while I run to avoid your attempts to play pinball.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mines complicated and your's simple, I think not

Right...So the principles of air cooling don't come into it then...With the barrels rotating at high speed.

Or the elasticity of springs in the arm mounts....

Fundermentally guns and such are complicated to high hell.

Also four penetrated the propane tank, one hit it on the side, bouncing of since there it was sloped.

Amazing....No one ever doubted that sloped armour would be more effective against a bullet...But against heat and 6 tonnes of sustained force, sloped armour has no noticible effect.

In any case less than 1 centimeter of steel(I think) doesn't prove anything about 20 centimeters of Tungsten...

As for your armour, it will be penetrated by only two or three 2.20 cal AEs

Based on what exactly?

while I run

Running while shooting something with the recoil which can, supposedly, cut through 40 Centimeters of Titanium and 20 Centimeters of Tungsten...As well as a meter of water and 10 centimeter of rubber... Those guns, alone, would topple you over....Lets calculate shall we?

Titanium has a tensile strength of 63,000 pounds per Square Inch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium

There are 40 centimeters of Titanium, thats 15.748 Inches...

So thats 15.748*63000

Which is 992,124 pounds, or 450 Tonnes.

Now, according to

http://members.aye.net/~bspen/math.html

.55 Caliber bullets weight 250 grams.

According to

http://www.spanamwar.com/Gatling.htm

A Gattling Gun weights 594 pounds or 269,433. Or 269 Kilos.

According to

http://zvis.com/dep/depa50.shtml

A Desert Eagle has a muzzle velocity of 1,842 feet per second, or 561 meters per second.

Thus, using the equation for recoil:

mf*vf=mp*vp

mf is the mass of the firearm

vf is the velocity of the firearm immediately after firing

mp is the mass of the projectile

vp is the velocity of the projectile immediately after firing

And then rearranging it to find velocity of the fire arm

(mp*vp)/mf=vf

(All in Grams and Meters of second)

(250*561)/269,433= .52 Meters per second.

You are firing 9:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_eagle

per second, so thats 4.68 meters/second on you turret gun.

Essentially half the force of gravity pushing you sideways, which needs to be absorbed. If you were going to do this via friction then your gun would fire much slower, if you were going to do it with springs then your accuracy would be terrible...not really a concern for hitting an 8 meters wide sphere but anyway.

Anyway, the bullet would have a force of 250*561

Which is 140,250 grams, or 140 Kilos.

Compared with 450 Tonnes of tensile strength, or 450,000 Kilos

You would need to fire 3,215 bullets at the same exact spot to break though the Titanium layer... Considering though that firing 3,215 bullets at the same exact spot of a rapidly rotating sphere, would be like trying to squash a flea using all five fingers, I think I am fairly safe from your small gun.

Now, your larger gun.

2.20 Caliber bullets don't seem to exist anywhere that I can find.

Assuming they are 2.20 Inches long though, then they would weight 1 Kilogram.

.55 Caliber bullets weight 250 grams.

250/.55

454.54*2.20

So, using the same recoil format:

(1000*561)/269433

You would produce 2.03 Meters per second of recoil. 1/5 of Earths gravity.

Assuming you fired 3 per second then you would have the same amount of recoil as your other gun(well higher actually) and cumulatively work out as roughly the same as gravity.

By the way, assuming you jumped horizontally, the force that gravity exerted on you, would be same as the force pressing against you when firing your guns...

It would be like being in freefall...

Anyway.

They develop: 561,000 Grams of force, which would be 561 Kilos.

So it would take you 803 shots to break though the armour...if, again, you fired at the exact same spot.

Of course all of this is ignoring the Tungsten outer coating, which would provide 50,000(At 1,000 Degrees C) pounds per square inch...So thats

7.874 Inches of armour so

393,700 pounds or 178.58 Tonnes

So even penetrating the outer layer with your 2.20 Inch caliber bullets would take 319 bullets, in exactly the same space...

So it would be a long attritional battle, which I would innevitably win, because I would get close to you and spray you with steam...or you would break though my tungsten layer and fill the room with steam, kept warm by my electric heaters not stopping...eventually boiling you alive.

Comparatively you have a small chance of winning if we were outside

Though if that happened I would roll away and hide somewhere, and strike when you least expected, turning most of the heaters off to conserve power.

If you even try fluro-carbons you'll feel the worst pain ever, you'll drown but never be able to die. You may faint from the the pain and shock.

I don't know where this idea comes from...We breath liquid for 9 months of our lives(Well no, less than that...and we don't breath it, we just have it in our lungs)

meh

Name: earth

Weapon: double katana and a bladestaff

Armor: a robe

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

^ Seems someone doesn't understand what a mech is.

Au contraire, laddy buck. Since I have super light armor and a super weak weapon, I am like 15x faster and more accurate than you. But, I see what you are saying so I will say that Rocco also has some throwing knives which he uses.

You stil can't possibly win, one shot and you're down and your weapons would need over 5,000 hits to break my armour.

Same counts for you earth.

Archi, those I said were not based on anything but pure logic, this is light-RP, not physics class.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

In which case, since I don't have weapons, I auto win, since I am technically the weakest...so any damage I do should be timed by infinaty...And seeing how it impossible to kill me without breaking the Tungsten Shell, releasing the steam, it is impossible to kill me without owning yourself....Only if you were totally naked with no hair could you say you had no armour, and thus become invunerable.

Purified logic for the masses.

why we even argueing... its a forum game. just roll with it. personally, i wanna cut sumuns head off.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Archi you are a ball... made of a highly conductive material ;) .

Name: Grim

Armor: Regenerative nanites

Weapons: 1 arm based ion cannon (has a cool down time) 1 katana and a glock.

LNYvk.png

I am a leaf on the wind... watch how Pie's rules let me beat the crud outta all of you.

Hehehehehehe....

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

uh... i cut leaves...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Archi you are a ball... made of a highly conductive material

With an inner core of Rubber, just incase someone decided to electrify me. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure Aerogel is also not conductive.

Though I have been thinking, and I might just go with a sphere of 9 meters radius, with 6 Microwave emiters focused in the 6 directions. I, of course, will be in the middle of these, with the power being supplied by my ego. :thumbup:

There are also spars to hold me in place, made of carbon nanotubing. The Sphere itself is made of Aluminium Oxynitride.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride

uh... i cut leaves...

Its kind of a rock, paper, sissors game isn't it...Gun beats sword, Sword beats leaf, Leaf beats Gun.

.... guns shoot thru leaves. but whatever. i can cut guns, guns can shoot me. i can still kill stuff tho.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]