Manifest Destiny

Retech

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, thats fine, I don't want a defacto map of everything, just the area where my city is...

It'll be sorta blobby, but I'll try to finish it in 10 minutes or so.

The first prime tells them of the invention of the rubber band and asks if they're interessted, he then tells them they can count on 50 jaffa soldiers from our side.

They laugh at your invention, but begin using it as a household tool anyways. The unionists take control of the 50 jaffa soldiers, and continue their military expedition. (This is a large war, so I'll get you a map of your island to help plan stuff)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's basically a giant glob of non-sticky rubber which can be inefficiently used to stick random things together. Of no real use, that I can think of. (It's like tough gum)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Think of the hair bundles that girls use to keep buns and ponytails. They're like that, except they're fatter, they are harder to make, and they are of weaker strength.

dYtnI.png

I think that the map is pretty self explanatory there, though if you have any questions, just ask.

2IhXu.png

Shades of grey are different elevations of mountain. Yellow is your tribe, pick are the unionists, and the purple are separatists. Lavendar are coral and other rocky outcrops, which hinder development. Green is thick forest, with the outskirts being less thick.

The core of your village is the big yellow thing, and the yellow dots are just small groups of houses. Of course those are movable, it just gives an idea of how far your tribe is spread out.

There isn't too much of a sense of scale, but to give you an idea of the mountain, your people haven't discovered any way around the mountain, and any expedition over the mountain would lose half its people. Your people are living very spread out, so you could probaly fit five thousand people on the side of the mountain portrayed on the map, and many more down in the forest, if you figured out some subsistance animal husbandry thing.

The area of Mather's map is approximately twice as large length and width wise, so you can tell his island starts out much more developed. Of course he experiences plague, famine, riots, outlaws, bandits, sea serpents, storms, and total war much sooner, since he chose a seemingly very evolved race. Same thing with Earth, where he chose a very powerful race, so he faced a lot more challenges earlier on.

I see...Well I am gonna do a rehashing of the map(mainly to scale it up to a size I can work with) then add some farmland, and the civilisation generally, then can you agree or disagree with my locations?

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yep, definitely.

In a decade or so (you can find it sooner), if someone finally finds my easter egg, then the world map will be revealed to them through PM, and in five years after that, it will be revealed to the world. Those with tier 5+ gods, develop a decent astronomy research (like if that becomes your specialty), or convinces the player who unlocks the map to share it with them will get it for free.

At that time, I'll need to put a rough drawing of where your settlements are on the map, so people should look at the area near them and make sure I got it right, so we can have a nice version of the map to use.

How's the research on materials stress handling going? Like how does things bend and such...

Many of the materials you test don't bend with the pressure of a Jaffa's hands, but bend by the hammer. You discover a strange lumpy metal which doesn't appear to bend despite your best efforts.

The Scathe begin to spread around the mountain they are on.

The Scathes quickly reduce the rest of the mountain into a heap of decay, enough to feed several tens of thousand Scathe groups. However, a new menace appears. An anteater-like race has emerged from deep within their hidey holes. The effect of the poisonous plant you made seems to have strengthed them, and they are specially immune to the standard method of Scathe attack: infection.

Well you don't know that they're exactly tin and wood, if you know what I mean.

Your advisors ask you how you want to make the forges (giant pit of fire, anvil thingy, etc)

I told them to test any material the first time, I just specified later because you told me to.

Forge shall be a large clay furnace using coal and/or wood.

Well the thing is that when you have these things, you're not sure if they're pure or they're just a lump of dirt. Your tribe does have a greater sophistication, so I let you name stuff, but things don't correspond perfectly with the real world.

The mysterious metal does not melt despite the incredibly hot temperatures of the furnace. It just sits there.

They didn't know if the wood was pure?

We put in tin and copper instead.

Errr, I don't exactly understand why you're trying to bend wood.

Your people put tin and copper, and make bronze. The strange thing is that your people already knew how to use bronze.

Bows, balistas, skorpions, etc.

The smelters attempt to shape the bronze on a flat rock using a small rock fastened on a stick, rocks preferably without faults that is made from one kind only (no crystall spots or different colours).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1