Manifest Destiny

Retech

tolja ross. no infecting MAH dragons. im a stubborn bastard when i have the mind to, so if i manage to beat you off, ill let you have the oracle back... maybe... if you promise to not poison oeverything, and leave one side of deh mountain range alone.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The oracle is inside a ring of mountains by the way. And the dice ruled that the dragons couldn't be infected that round, but it doesn't mean they are immune.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

i know. but im still a stubborn bastard.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

so? i dont care. i still can shoot you. mrg, nmy action for the battle is to keep uber firing, with the regs doing patrols to kill any needlers in the air.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

yeas. through fire and flames music would be apropriate right now,

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

dunno that one. ill take a look

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

As this is dead (and has been replaced by the new Hegemony, which finally does not suck), I am just revealing the local area map for those who were curious. My plan was that after you had established your borders and developed somewhat, your explorers would figure out that your area is but a little part of the entire world, and we would move on from that. Obviously I had not done the world map, but here's the regional map:

The Oracle has finally revealed a crude map of the world, which is missing a few things outside the oracle boundaries.

THJOZ.png

You quickly deduce that...

Purple = Strong Scathe Decay with plants

Light Purple = Affected by Scathe Decay

Black = Mountain Tops

Grey = Mountain sides

Very Light Grey = Islands of trees surrounded by permafrost

Lime Green = Temperate forest

Yellow = Plains

Brown = Hilly areas

Dark Blue = River in the jungle, with lots of gold

Other blue = Oceans

Very Light blue = Normal rivers

Peach = Desert/Beaches

Dark Grren = Jungle

White = Known Location of Grim

Strange dots in Western Forest = Known Location of Archi

Off of Southeast corner = Earth's strange island

Off the SouthWest Corner = Mather's former and current islands

Desert = Known that Paul's civilization is somewhere in there

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• 1 month later...

Can we start this again? Dungeoneering is dead, at least for now, and you don't need to hold sessions for this. Or, maybe, we could do a game restart?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well there's Hegemedieval, so why don't you try that?

If I did start this again, it would probaly require some more organization on my part, and it would probaly be set farther down the line than a tribe. But I think Hegemedieval sounds fun.

Well there's Hegemedieval, so why don't you try that?

If I did start this again, it would probaly require some more organization on my part, and it would probaly be set farther down the line than a tribe. But I think Hegemedieval sounds fun.

I can't play Hegemedeival due to my bad organization skills. (They passed away after Hegemony V1, may they rest in peace.)

So, it looks like my main activity on this board is going to be modding SoN. Meaning.... It's EXPONENTIAL THREAD GROWTH TIME!

a70c7.png

I concur, but the whole custom race and player antagonist ideas were really something special.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I concur, but the whole custom race and player antagonist ideas were really something special.

Well if I managed to actually figure out an efficient system and there was some interest, I could consider beginning again. If I did start again, there would actually be a map...that would help a lot.

I think that, so long as you don't quit on us again, that there will be a good deal of interest. This is a good game, people enjoyed it.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I think that, so long as you don't quit on us again, that there will be a good deal of interest. This is a good game, people enjoyed it.

Well it sorta fell apart after people started using five thousand favour every day, and such. I think I will try to make some system for it (and make it daily) so it moves at a nice pace.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason that this is so long is because unlike the real world, this game has no precedent (there weren't exactly inter-species wars on Earth with spears), so bear with me.

I have edited this game to fast forward it into the advanced tribal/early civilization stage because there are way too many Dungeoneering games, and there's a void left by Hegemony. So here it is. Please feel free to be as creative as you want, though as this is the end of the tribal stage, there probaly won't be expansive representative democracies. You can try, but it might...not end up well.

Also noting that once we get set up with everyone's various tribes, and everyone begins putting civilizations on the map, then I will create a map. I'd also like everyone to repost using new applications, as we've fast forwarded quite a bit.

General Guidelines:

-Compile your yearly actions into one post, though you may be presented with monthly updates.

-Try to keep it as a light roleplay

-The more "advanced" a weapon is, the harder it will be to produce. The earlier the weapon appears relative to when it is actually used, the weaker and less effective the weapon becomes.

-PM your attacks to the moderator (me)

Template

Species Name:

Tribal Name:

Species Adjective:

Species Description:

Starting Advantage:

Species Name - For the name of the species, just helps me keep track

Tribal Name - If you want to name your tribe after something, then you can go ahead with that

Species Adjective - The adjective of France is "French". Basically choose your word.

Species Description - The most important one in the entire template. Please describe your species fully (claws, wings, size, skin, etc). Generally the more weapons you have, the more warlike your society. The larger you are, the fewer individuals you have, and the slower growth rate. This will also give you advantages and disadvantages in the game. (Dinosaur without limbs won't need spears, but several humanoid insects with spears, which might be cheaper, could take it down)

Starting Advantage - This will generally be something pertaining to your species. Perhaps your tribe is good at hunting, fishing, farming, mining, combat, intelligence.

After this, I will give a brief summary as to the enviroment that your tribe lives in, the general diet (be sure to state carnivore, omnivore, or herbivore), and essentially the current status of your tribe as it starts off.

[Hide=Tribal Government]

Most tribes generally have a government. These generally reflect the culture and intelligence of your species. You may choose your government, but you should balance it out with the demands of your species. For example, a warlike species might not do so well in the system of "altruism", but might have special advantages in despotism. Please give a general description of your government, but keep in mind your tribe isn't massive (500 people or so spread out over a main village and several hovels).

[/hide]

[Hide=Religion]

This is where we have a twist in gameplay. Religion is important in the lives of tribal people. In this game, religion can be the difference between life and death. A few years into the game, you will be given the choice of converting to a new religion, or even make one of your own. Once you have a religion, each person will accrue one point of favor for the god that you worship. With these, you can activate divine powers. There is no set amount of favor you must spend, but generally the more favor you put into asking the god into doing something, the more likely it will happen and the more effective it will be.

Example

The people call down for a meteor to strike the enemy army marching towards them, spending five thousand favor (it seems big now, but it's not that big later on)

Moderator: The gods have favored you! A ball of fire decends from the sky, wiping out a quarter of their army and burning their supply wagons. They will take another year to reach you.

Generally at the beginning, it's better to ask for bonuses for hunting and reproduction, which are much cheaper for smaller tribes. (Less people to affect)

There is also the option of founding your own religion. The advantages are that you can create a holy shrine on your land, which can give you influence over other tribes with your religion. However, the downside is that other tribes in the area with a different religion may become hostile, depending on the differences in views, and you will not have the friendlyness bonus that converting to another religion that is dominant in your area gives you.

If you choose to found your own religion, please give a brief overview of the god, the values of the religion, and the cultural practices.

[/hide]

When playing, please post the yearly update after my previous response and before my next response. This helps it keep nice and decent paced, so that it doesn't whizz by like Dungeoneering. There are many options for monthly updates however, and it is possible to interact with other tribes more often than once a day, if you choose. I'll respond when I get on. Maybe proposing a trade route, a confederacy, an alliance, etc. The beginning might be more player-Npc communication, but soon you will meet each other on the field.

Here is also a general template that you can use (or make your own) about the yearly updates. These are just for me to keep track of the numbers; detailed stuff should be posted separately. (Maybe in the same post, but not in the copy and paste part of it).

[Hide=General Template]

Species Name:

Tribal Name:

Adult Population:

Child Population:

Religion

Name of God: -

Attribute of God (God of ...): -

Yearly Favor: -

Total Favor: -

Holy Shrines: -

Temples: -

Monks: -

Government Style:

Annual Food Production:

Annual Food Consumption:

Housing: Adequate

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

(Below is various numbers of each kind of soldier)

[/hide]

So, yeah. I'm going to attempt to restart this game. Essentially the same rules (with my own interpretation, of course), though a restart would be in order due to the time gap. I feel that we need a game of this type running, and if Hegemedieval doesn't get off the ground then this is a tried and true game. It might be best for the sake of clarity to create a new thread for my modding of this, but my current priority is to see who is actually interested. Retech, feel free to play, I won't be using your map either way.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I didn't even have a map! I made it up as I went along. That's why it didn't work.

You should plan stuff before it starts.

no!. now, are yeh going to play Fire emblem?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

It just looks really fun, Nex seems to be able to mod it (with Retech tied up).

I'm going to design my race just to be sure.

[Falador tavern]