Manifest Destiny

Retech

Why didn't the catapults do anything while on my side? Also those controling the catapults were also ordered to stay out of range.

Ok, then 300 jaffa crossbowmen and 100 catapults are sent to atteck the Ikanans while the goa'uld pray for victory without many casualties on their side.

The catapults did do things, but the fact that your explosives weren't as effective contributed to their ineffectiveness. The catapults are rather slow, even compared to pikemen.

How do you have 100 catapults? You also realize your population is 400-500?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Paul allows it, I take back a sample/instructions to make napalm. I thank the Ikanians, and say they have made an ally. I tell them to beware of the Scathe, and return to the Daeka homeland. I don't know how many Daeka I have, how long has it been since I created the forges?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I have no clue how long it has been since you've made the forges. Is there a reason you need to know?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Why didn't the catapults do anything while on my side? Also those controling the catapults were also ordered to stay out of range.

Ok, then 300 jaffa crossbowmen and 100 catapults are sent to atteck the Ikanans while the goa'uld pray for victory without many casualties on their side.

The catapults did do things, but the fact that your explosives weren't as effective contributed to their ineffectiveness. The catapults are rather slow, even compared to pikemen.

How do you have 100 catapults? You also realize your population is 400-500?

I've been making catapults for a little while now. And I have some hundred goa'uld, you've never said how many jaffa I have.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I was assuming that each Goa-uld needed one Jaffa, and vice versa. You have an equal amount of Jaffa and Goa'uld, unless stated otherwise (if you manage to find other races to conquer).

I need to know my Daeka population. 100 adults and 50 children each year, evidently. I tried to calculate it, but messed up somehow. You don't say what counts as a year. Can you please try to find the information? It is what moderators have to do, after all.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Each update counts as a year. I wasn't sure of how fast you wanted to increase your population, but generally 50 beings per thousand, so 50 at your level, 100 at anything below 2,000, etc.

I am trying to figure out how to transition into a system where the system goes one day = one year, and everyone can keep track and calculate their own stats. Then I will transition into saying when your growth or construction is too fast, and the war moderator. Of course I'll do events and stuff, but the emphasis will be on interacting with other players, rather than just with the moderator.

And it's nighty night for me.

Research continues on:

Perfected explosive mix

Crossbows / Ballistas

Construction on the grand cathedral continues.

The scribe tells one of the Daeka, "Unfortunately we cannot spare our closely guarded secret."

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I'll just say we have 1250 Daeka by now.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

ok. i look for difrent edible plants to be combined to make better food items. (more nutritous, ect.) and my atatck force just keeps on raining death upon the scathe. my yellows (wind specials) call up a gust to break thru the poison gas clouds, whle the reds (fire specials) incinerate the poison plants.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

After I eat dinner. :)

Oh, don't forget to post the battle with Me vs. Mather.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

My test taking mania is still not over, but I can definitely host more sessions after today. I'll probaly do the battle reports sometime this evening.

The Battle of the Oracle

The forces of the Scathe started the battle with complete confidence, their enemy trapped within their shroud of poisonous haze and their numbers expanding even during the fighting. The forces of light attempted to escape to higher defensible positions, but as they began walking out of camp, the Scathe attacked in huge numbers with their needlers, ripping apart the forces, already decimated by the poisonous air and previous attacks. Before long, the force was almost destroyed. The Scathe didn't win this part of the battle though, the super charged hero seemed to receive powers from the God of Light, despite of the Oracle, and managed to battle through the Scathe forces to the mountain pass where the rest of their forces were located.

Meanwhile, a thousand needlers took to the skies (they can only fly within vicinity of the oracle valley), targeting Earth's elementals. After a long fight, the elementals managed to come out just ahead, though they lost more than half their kind in the fight. With the pyriic victory for the elementals, the needlers fled back into the shroud to fight another day.

The attempts to summon juggernaughts and titans by both parties have failed.

Current forces

Ross:

500 Needlers

20000 Scathe

400 Flying Needlers

2 Titans

Grim:

Force 1- 1 Juggernaut

5 warrior high priests

60 horsemen

80 anti scathe infantry

Force2- 1 hero

Earth:

Elementals sent minus fourty

The First Goa'uld-Ikanian War (Stage two)

The battle began with the Goa'uld mustering a lovely three hundred Jaffa crossbowmen and twenty catapults. On a nearby chain of hills lay 330 Ikanian soldiers, entrenched in their fortifications.

Despite the grim odds, the Goa'uld generals decided to push forward with the attack regardless of the consequences. The Goa'uld began marching up the steep hills with their traditional armor, at breakneck speed. Their catapults managed to damage the enemy catapults to a point that they could not be used in the ensuing battle. The crossbowmen soon encountered pots of greek fire thrown at them, decimating their ranks. Fortunately, when they got up to the hill they used their crossbows at point blank range to great effect against the pikemen.

Soon enough, the Ikanians broke and fled, but the Goa'uld still had the most casualties from the fight. In other news, a powerful current has seperated the island from the mainland, preventing easy access. (You can ask me either to kill off 75% of forces crossing, or roll to see if your force makes it across, dying if it fails)

Goauld forces:

100 Jaffa Crossbowmen

30 Catapults (10 of them retrieved from the Ikanians)

Ikanians:

150 Phalanx pikemen

50 Grenadiers

Wait, are the forces that you posted there the ones left or the ones killed?

TUBULAR BELLS!

-Mather

I was thinking of stuff related to napalm. Just really hard to transport, bad napalm.

-Paul

Forces left

The dice have ruled against the infection of the dragons. Also, I'll be doing a yearly update sometime, so that can begin.