Manifest Destiny

Retech

All the Daeka journey to the North, the priests ask Adakkar where to settle and settle where he says. The winged Daeka are absorbed back into the forges for the time being, converted into bone and muscle mass for future use (still worth 100 Daeka, right?).

Anywho, done for the day! See ya tomorrow!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My friend, how should I deal with these...heretics. Burning, hanging, stabbing, drowning, deportion? May I have all the powers I need to deal with these problems?"

"Use the most painful methods at your disposal. Unrest will not be tolerated. These heretics will be given one chance to change their ways, but if they refuse, you will carry out your duty. If you let me down or become corrupt like the nobles, I will see to it that your head is placed on a pike. I will supply you with 50 inquisitors to get the job done."

The ruler also assembles a small group of private investigators, who are responsible for rooting out corruption in the city. Those who display such corruption will be executed in the public square. After doing this, he consults his best economic advisor on how to improve taxes while keeping the people (relatively) happy.

Several teams have been sent out to various fertile spots in the desert to begin digging for wells, in order to supply clean water for the people and crops. A scout team is sent out to check the surrounding areas, along with looking for resources. Emissaries to the desert tribes tell them that they must stay united to the Kindgom of Ikana of they wish to survive in these dark times. The emissaries point out the barbarians, diseases, and strange moss that inhabit the outside regions. If these various desert tribes stay loyal to the kingdom, they will be under the protection of the army. If they do not, they will be left to the barbarians and savages, without mercy. 200 phalanx pikemen are being trained for combat. Construction continues on the university and barracks (almost finished?). Cartographers are sent out to the far edges of the desert to begin mapping out the area (PM with a partial map, perhaps?)

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

By the way, any combat that you do, you can PM your plans to me. I'll try to get a map done, so that people can actually use that to plan. Of course, Ross is the only one that gets it, being in control of the oracle.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I was waiting for the main combatants of the oracle to post/pm their details, so I can only roll on the things that aren't related. I will say this session is like yesterday, so I will make a nice little update for tomorrow when people post their battle plans.

All the Daeka journey to the North, the priests ask Adakkar where to settle and settle where he says. The winged Daeka are absorbed back into the forges for the time being, converted into bone and muscle mass for future use (still worth 100 Daeka, right?).

Anywho, done for the day! See ya tomorrow!

The Daeka travel northwards and settle in the foothills of a great mountain chain, in accordance with Adakkar's wishes. Some of the swamp plants they brought with them are growing fine, but any crops nearby seem to have died.

"My friend, how should I deal with these...heretics. Burning, hanging, stabbing, drowning, deportion? May I have all the powers I need to deal with these problems?"

"Use the most painful methods at your disposal. Unrest will not be tolerated. These heretics will be given one chance to change their ways, but if they refuse, you will carry out your duty. If you let me down or become corrupt like the nobles, I will see to it that your head is placed on a pike. I will supply you with 50 inquisitors to get the job done."

The ruler also assembles a small group of private investigators, who are responsible for rooting out corruption in the city. Those who display such corruption will be executed in the public square. After doing this, he consults his best economic advisor on how to improve taxes while keeping the people (relatively) happy.

Several teams have been sent out to various fertile spots in the desert to begin digging for wells, in order to supply clean water for the people and crops. A scout team is sent out to check the surrounding areas, along with looking for resources. Emissaries to the desert tribes tell them that they must stay united to the Kindgom of Ikana of they wish to survive in these dark times. The emissaries point out the barbarians, diseases, and strange moss that inhabit the outside regions. If these various desert tribes stay loyal to the kingdom, they will be under the protection of the army. If they do not, they will be left to the barbarians and savages, without mercy. 200 phalanx pikemen are being trained for combat. Construction continues on the university and barracks (almost finished?). Cartographers are sent out to the far edges of the desert to begin mapping out the area (PM with a partial map, perhaps?)

The inquisitors begin hunting out the heretics. Your economic advisor tells you that if you can make government seem omnicient and all powerful, the people will make less of a fuss, at least visibly.

The wells are dug for clean water, but it only seems to provide enough for the people. The university and barracks are completed, and the cartographers are working on the desert map. The desert tribes contribute 50 camel archers and 50 camel lancers to your forces.

The goa'uld priests attempt to translate the texts like this:

200px-Ancient_alpahabet.png

The goau'ld find no texts resembling that.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The researchers, mixers, and priests try to determine the cause of the plants dying, and how to fix it.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The researchers, mixers, and priests try to determine the cause of the plants dying, and how to fix it.

I basically have to go now, but here's their response.

"There appears...to be something contaminating the water with parasites and fungi!"

All swamp plants are removed from the environment, and grown only in the biofluxes. The Researchers, Mixers, and Priests clean all of the Daeka, and flush their skin with Eel Poison (a safe distance from anywhere it could cause damage). They try to work out a way to save the local ecosystem and remove the contaminants.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The leader of Ikana tells priests to begin training 50 monks, which are to spread the state religion about the city and outlying areas. Construction begins on a large wall that will encompass the entire city of Ikana. Scouts are sent out to search for anything interesting, especially resources. The cartographer continues working on the desert map, along with a little of the areas surrounding it. The 200 phalanx pikemen continue to be trained.

Construction also begins on a large "filter" which will be placed on a section of the river that streams by Ikana. This filter will consist of various fibers & minerals tested to remove the toxins from the water.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Hey Nex, do the Daeka still have nervous systems, spines and brains?

Just wondering, since you'll probably attack me when you realise that it's me indirectly poisoning the water. :rolleyes:

Not doing it on purpose or anything, but that's just the oracle I guess.

2Xeo5.png

Which is why I have the needlers, Mather. They can make their own opening anyway, it just takes a little longer.

Besides, with Hivemind, there is never a fault in tactics due to error in communication.

Grim, Earth has about the same tactical capacity as you do, with added urge to "Berserk" everything. This shouldn't take long.

2Xeo5.png

i like killing things. so shut it ross, ill probs own most of your forces. if not, then i can kill you juggernaught.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

meh, i not good with stratag. i kill things. such as you. i can be tactically briliant every once in a while, but at this stage, i dont have much choice but to beserk rush you..

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

uhm... grim.. you do realize that the acid will probs jsut poison everything? meh, might as well try it. that, acttualy, was what i was gonna do in teh first place.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

more like flew above cannon range. hope you like fireworks. and actually, i did pretty well using acid to melt you last time...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

You are? I thought you were spores of a mold like hivemind? Well now more grouped spores but I digress, I think you may be talking about your outer coating that partially protects you from fire though.

LNYvk.png