Manifest Destiny

Retech

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know how tactical you can be.

Sure, I have my weaknesses, but are you trying to imply that you don't?

Near the valley, your god's protection wont help you, and since I'm defending, I'll have the advantage of both numbers and fortification. This can only go badly for you, and I'd hate to have to follow you home when I inevitably send you running with your tails (You have tails, right? Otherwise, all this trash talking has failed, and I'm sad.) between your legs.

2Xeo5.png

ross, i have a force of 66 elementals comming at you, twelve of that number are special breathers, and 6 of those have the special elemental plate armor. you be screwed.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

(I decided not to have tails.) Nah I was actually hoping to use certain weapons to create a breach. Either that or get a reeeeally big hammer. Wanna go traditional trash talking? Your mommas so...... RARGHHH!! GRIM SMASH GRIM DESTROY!

LNYvk.png

Assuming you don't choke to death. Creating a breach is pretty bad for you, because the farther in you get, the more you die from toxic fumes.

Plus, with no resistance to infection provided by your god, every one of your troops that falls becomes a new asset to me!

2Xeo5.png

actually, ihave a pantheon. i scarificed 5000 FREAKING FAVOR before i got close to you. and if that fails, i have the settlement party, which you cant reach as of yet.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

(Could have sworn that it was a permanant alteration...) Anyways I will probably either A create a breach (The elementals would be ideal for this) and slowly move through it. Or B use the juggernaughts to lay waste to your armies.

LNYvk.png

Earth, you sent like 90% of your civilisation on an offensive mission. Derp.

Grim, I don't think it was. Also, you aren't listening. The oracle is now blanketed in poison fog, so unless you have gas masks, the longer you stay in the area, the easier it'll be for me to absorb your forces into mine. The juggernaught will fall. Using the powers of the oracle, I have two titans (One was summoned by you. Thanks for that.), and plan to summon a lot more bioengines of destruction.

You can always back down if you like. I'm never going to actively target anyone, I'm just going to devour them if they're in my path.

2Xeo5.png

meh, i want to do that, cause im bored. ill probs be the first race wiped out, but i wanna see if i can take the oracle for some random reason. and actually, its more like 75%

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

god damnit... i hate you retech. why, may i ask, is this happening just because the Scathe have the oracle?... i send all of my troops, with the elemental armored troops in the lead, to the oracle we sacrifice 5000 favor to become completley imune to any effects of infection on the way. this number does not include the scouting party, who continue their way of life at the island. still seaching for what is leadfing the animals. also, my pop hasnt increased in years(days) is this another oracle effect?

sorry, shouldve know this wouldnt ave been seen, as you were still posting. anyways, repost.

Can you please post a list of your forces?

Heh, I guess I'll post this pre-emptively.

The Scathe sacrifice favour to cancel out the effects of the Elemental's gods.

They then begin the defensive with needlers to infect them, or just pierce them until they die, while the decay titan fires swarms of maggots to blind and rot them. The valley is to become home to many toxic gas plants, to make the area completely useless to anyone but me.

The second decay juggernaught-something (The one summoned with the bolt of light) will guard the oracle

Earth, I warn you, no matter how bad things are for you, attacking me will make them worse.

The Scathe do not require favor in defending something that benefits the god (since the oracle is under direct control of the god)

Any chance that you could post your forces in a nice concise list that I coudl look at?

-Mather

The buildings are too technically advanced to be fixed, but your people patch up the holes to make them livable. The trees are removed, giving you a large pile of lumber.

(An ancient civilization, not THE ancient civilziation))

I know, but it's an equivalent, this is perfect seeing how the things left by the ancients were adapted by the goa'uld into their culture.

The goa'uld begin reading any text and examining every single remnant.

The jaffa search the island.

The goa'uld find no text. The Jaffa find several smaller towers in strategic locations around the island. They seem to be dilapilated, and their power has been lost from the time of the ancient civilization. They seem connected to the main tower in the center of the island, by some spiritual energy.

Here's a quicker way to state my agenda:

100 Archers - training defensive hippos to stand still, halt, and turn

100 Berserkers - training spiked hippos to stand still, halt, and turn

100 Hunters - Exploring the edges of the swamp for any forms of life

50 Farmers - searching for new plants

50 Bamboo Tenders - making arrow shafts out of bamboo

50 Flux Priests - asking Adakkar where to find another sentient species to befriend or conquer

50 Mixers - making a contained, indoors, ground-level building to contain and and experiment with potentially hazardous substances (so that the irritant and other toxins don't scare away animals)

50 Researchers - perfecting spears, bows, and battleaxes

50 Forges - perfecting spears, bows, and battleaxes

0 Priest-in-Training - no longer training as priests, becoming Biofluxes

50 Biofluxes - alter their form to become living homes to plants, learning to hold irritant plants safely

Hippos

Poison Eels

Smellflowers (Medicine)

Stenchweeds (Bread)

Irritant Plant

Swamp Bamboo

Bone Bows

Irritant Poison (Evaporated into toxic gases and poison residue, then combined)

Poison Dust

Spiked Bone Plate Hippo Armour

Thick Bone Plate Hippo Armour

Hippos are trained successfully

Large, fast birds (almost like Dodos, but not really) are found at the edge of the swamps

The priests are told to journey Northward, where there are many species. There is also a species to the West, past the great marshes and deserts.

The ruler of Ikana sends out scribes to write down different woes of the kingdom. He instructs the farmers/scholars to look into what is causing the low yields, and what they can do to improve it. Scholars continue to work on perfecting the mixture containing saltpeter/sulphur/quicklime/naphtha. Emissaries are sent out to the various desert tribes to begin negotiations and ask what their problems are. Lastly, scouts are sent out to search for any resources.

(Does the grand city have any walls?)

Inefficient taxation

Corruption

Religious Unrest (many conflicting gods)

Thieves and Con artists

It seems that the water used to water the crops has recently become polluted. Furthermore, the sun is burning the crops with its intense heat, and the sandstorms have begun to get worse.

The desert tribes are wary of being controlled by a government, and yearn to be free. Your advisors warn you that if they gain independance, Ikana might suffer even greater food shortages. (It has inner walls, but the city has sprawled so that most of it is outside).

*Sigh* Rakes and mallets are created (to deal with the scathe) and cavalry are armed. A force of 5 high priests the juggernaught the hero 200 cavalry and 300 anti scathe units as well as 100 archers are sent up into the mountains. Purification steps are taken for drinking water and filters are created out of light to filter out the toxin in the rivers. A juggernaught is created that is impervious to infection and can shoot out a wide area laser attack. 20 more high priests are trained as well.

The advisors ask what the anti-Scathe weapons are made of, and the calvary are armed. All the things succeed, except that the purification only works for the drinking water, as there is simply too much water for irrigation. Another colossus like creature made of Sun-metal is created, though it cannot fire the laser thing. It seems to suffer from the same problem as the old one: weak joints.

(Please post a nice list format of the army, like I did with the battle report)

So be it. Just remember that your gods intervention will be severely limited while in the valley, and mine's will be more powerful.

In addition to my earlier post, the Scathe try to develop an oily coating which is resistant to fire. They ask for Incabulos' help with this.

The oily coating succeeds in the way that it prevents the fire from directly burning the Scathe, but the problem with it is that the fire can still destroy the decay that the Scathe have created.

My favour should be 2000 now, if each of those special-format updates is worth a year.

My adult population should be 800, and the children (if none have grown up yet) 150 (I guess the forges will just create Daeka yearly, like other races).

Also, how do I increase food production/consumption, favour production/supply, and child/adult population increase rates?

I thought you didn't want population increases? You can actually copy and paste your part, and edit in the changes, and I'll put it in. Food stuff is mainly for droughts and famines, so don't worry about that. The favor, you basically need to do things that show you are devoted, like send missionaries or crusades to other parts of the world.

The ruler of Ikana sends out scribes to write down different woes of the kingdom. He instructs the farmers/scholars to look into what is causing the low yields, and what they can do to improve it. Scholars continue to work on perfecting the mixture containing saltpeter/sulphur/quicklime/naphtha. Emissaries are sent out to the various desert tribes to begin negotiations and ask what their problems are. Lastly, scouts are sent out to search for any resources.

(Does the grand city have any walls?)

Also, the masons begin construction on a university & several barracks. The blacksmiths are instructed to produce longe phalanx pikes.

The Phalanx pikes are created, and the construction continues.

Heh. We'll see. I believe I have more favour than you because of the oracle though,

See above post about Oracle

Earth, you sent like 90% of your civilisation on an offensive mission. Derp.

Grim, I don't think it was. Also, you aren't listening. The oracle is now blanketed in poison fog, so unless you have gas masks, the longer you stay in the area, the easier it'll be for me to absorb your forces into mine. The juggernaught will fall. Using the powers of the oracle, I have two titans (One was summoned by you. Thanks for that.), and plan to summon a lot more bioengines of destruction.

You can always back down if you like. I'm never going to actively target anyone, I'm just going to devour them if they're in my path.

The second titan can only protect the Oracle, and gets stronger/weaker based on secret factors. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

meh, i have a force of 64 troops. all but 12 of them are regular elementals. only 12, 6 specials, and 6 regulars, have the special elemental armor. that means, 12 armored troops, 12 special breathers, two of each type. 6 of these specials are equiped with armor, and 6 regular elementals have them the rest use thier natural weapons.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The anti scathe weapons are made out of bronze. Filters are created using light to remove toxins that would be placed where the rivers come from the mountains. Joint coverings are constructed over the joints of the juggernaught (they protect it from missiles).

LNYvk.png

The ruler of Ikana appoints one of his right hand men the Grand Inquisitor. He has been a close friend to the ruler since childhood, along with having significant religious and political backgrounds. The Grand Inquisitor is designated to deal with religious unrest and corruption.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

100 Spewers - Take the form of Wrriors with bone plates, have sacs throughout their body in which liquids and dusts are contained, and "release valves" in their hands that are connected to the sacs and that can shoot jets of whatever is contained in the sacs. They currently use Irritant Dust

100 Archers - Preparing their hippos for the journey North

100 Berserkers - Preparing their hippos for the journey North

100 Hunters - The hunters bring back the birds, for the hunters to use as mounts for the journey to the North

100 Biofluxes - Learning to safely hold Irritant Plants, Stenchweed, and Smellflowers

100 Flux Priests - Asking Adakkar how to defend themselves against the other species to the North

50 Farmers - Implanting Irritant Plants, Stenchweed, and Smellflowers into 50 of the Biofluxes each to preserve on the journey North

0 Bamboo Tenders - Becoming Flux Priests

50 Mixers - Working with Researchers and Forges to make sentient (like Daeka, but with low intelligence) flying creatures using the Forges

50 Researchers - Working with Mixers and Forges to make sentient (like Daeka, but with low intelligence) flying creatures using the Forges

50 Forges - Working with Researchers and Mixers to make sentient (like Daeka, but with low intelligence) flying creatures using the Forges

All Daeka have incorporated Eel Poison into their bloodstreams, to kill any symbiotes/parasites they encounter, and discourage predators. The 100 Daeka I have not yet added to the population are added as the flying Daeka-beasts described above, if it is possible to make them. All Daeka journey North.

Hippos

Poison Eels

Stridefeathers (Daeka name for the fast birds)

Smellflowers (Medicine)

Stenchweeds (Bread)

Irritant Plant (Poison)

Swamp Bamboo (Fast growing wood)

Bone Bows

Irritant Dust (Poison made into a dust)

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

also, whats the word of my 5000 favor sacrifice?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

also, whats the word of my 5000 favor sacrifice?

I was going to calculate that during the battle, since situations change very quickly, and I didn't want you to do things unless you were sure about the situation.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

well, im sure that i dont wnat my elementals to be infected in 5 seconds. go ahead with it. and anyways, i said on the way, so it wont be interrferd with a certain god...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Can you respond to my action like, right now? I have to go in about 2 minutes.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The anti scathe weapons are made out of bronze. Filters are created using light to remove toxins that would be placed where the rivers come from the mountains. Joint coverings are constructed over the joints of the juggernaught (they protect it from missiles).

The filters are installed with great applause, until the crops continue dying anyways. Your smiths make a shoddy plating around the joints of the juggernaught, which seem to interfere with its movement.

The goa'uld attempt to learn as much as they can about the ruins.

The ruins have strange runic markings, which might be able to be interpreted by your priests. The tower seems to have fallen directly downwards, and split into four pieces like a banana.

The ruler of Ikana appoints one of his right hand men the Grand Inquisitor. He has been a close friend to the ruler since childhood, along with having significant religious and political backgrounds. The Grand Inquisitor is designated to deal with religious unrest and corruption.

"My friend, how should I deal with these...heretics. Burning, hanging, stabbing, drowning, deportion? May I have all the powers I need to deal with these problems?"

100 Spewers - Take the form of Wrriors with bone plates, have sacs throughout their body in which liquids and dusts are contained, and "release valves" in their hands that are connected to the sacs and that can shoot jets of whatever is contained in the sacs. They currently use Irritant Dust

100 Archers - Preparing their hippos for the journey North

100 Berserkers - Preparing their hippos for the journey North

100 Hunters - The hunters bring back the birds, for the hunters to use as mounts for the journey to the North

100 Biofluxes - Learning to safely hold Irritant Plants, Stenchweed, and Smellflowers

100 Flux Priests - Asking Adakkar how to defend themselves against the other species to the North

50 Farmers - Implanting Irritant Plants, Stenchweed, and Smellflowers into 50 of the Biofluxes each to preserve on the journey North

0 Bamboo Tenders - Becoming Flux Priests

50 Mixers - Working with Researchers and Forges to make sentient (like Daeka, but with low intelligence) flying creatures using the Forges

50 Researchers - Working with Mixers and Forges to make sentient (like Daeka, but with low intelligence) flying creatures using the Forges

50 Forges - Working with Researchers and Mixers to make sentient (like Daeka, but with low intelligence) flying creatures using the Forges

All Daeka have incorporated Eel Poison into their bloodstreams, to kill any symbiotes/parasites they encounter, and discourage predators. The 100 Daeka I have not yet added to the population are added as the flying Daeka-beasts described above, if it is possible to make them. All Daeka journey North.

Hippos

Poison Eels

Stridefeathers (Daeka name for the fast birds)

Smellflowers (Medicine)

Stenchweeds (Bread)

Irritant Plant (Poison)

Swamp Bamboo (Fast growing wood)

Bone Bows

Irritant Dust (Poison made into a dust)

Flying creatures are created, though they are prototypes and still need a lot of work

The birds are quite wild, and peck out the eyes of a few of your people

Rest of it basically succeeds

my action?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

my action?

Your gods ask if you would like the protection spread out among all your people, or if you would like to concentrate it on some of them.

everyone but the settlement party, as they dont really need it at the moment.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]