Dragon Plate vs Bandos Plate

BigDrew

Dragon plate is not only 12m cheaper but has better defence bonus and looks better=]

While the looks argument is impertinent and debatable, how's this sound?

Torag's plate is not only 10m cheaper than Dragon plate but has better defence bonus.

--

Although Defence is sometimes important, it is NOT always the most important. For the same reason a rune defender is better while training than a dragonfire shield, a bandos chestplate is better than a dragon platebody. Its strength and prayer bonus help you get more xp/hour than defence bonuses can.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of their prices are ridiculous, considering the existence of Barrows and Fighter torsos

On dragon plate I agree, for pure defensive stats barrows offer similar stats and if you don't plan to be in combat for thousands of hours, they're cheaper too. However for the torso vs bandos argument I disagree with. Getting a torso is currently around 6-8 hours and making around a mil per hour isn't too hard. This means that if I now pay 25m for my bandos body, I can sell it for 20m later on and still have more money. Not to mention the body saves food while training or killing bosses, which might be the difference between a succesfull boss monster trip and a free teleport to Lumby/Fally/wherever you spawn.

I personally see only 1 reason to have a fighter torso: you're a zerker pure. For others I wouldn't suggest it.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Both of their prices are ridiculous, considering the existence of Barrows and Fighter torsos

On dragon plate I agree, for pure defensive stats barrows offer similar stats and if you don't plan to be in combat for thousands of hours, they're cheaper too. However for the torso vs bandos argument I disagree with. Getting a torso is currently around 6-8 hours and making around a mil per hour isn't too hard. This means that if I now pay 25m for my bandos body, I can sell it for 20m later on and still have more money. Not to mention the body saves food while training or killing bosses, which might be the difference between a succesfull boss monster trip and a free teleport to Lumby/Fally/wherever you spawn.

I personally see only 1 reason to have a fighter torso: you're a zerker pure. For others I wouldn't suggest it.

Or you dont feel like spending 25m, that you could be spending on other gear (tassets) or skills, on a +4 strength bonus.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Or you dont feel like spending 25m, that you could be spending on other gear (tassets) or skills, on a +4 strength bonus.

I personally see items such as Bandos armours as sort of "investments". For me they aren't something that I'd buy now and then keep in the bank and letting them to collect dust. I don't exactly "spend" 25 millions on them, I'd just put 25m "aside" and then sell the blade when I needed to buy some other skills. How does that differ in the end from buying herbs and selling pots for example? You buy a way to get xp to a certain skill, during the process your money is in the bought things and once you're done, you sell the ending productions. The only difference is the thing that during this process your tool doesn't change form.

I also don't see how the tasset argument works. Lets say that I put all my money on tassets.

* I work for 6-8 hours to get the torso. After I'm done with my activities, I get nothing back. Now after maxing melee I want to buy 99 prayer and need 100m gp to get it. This means 106-108 hours of work.

* I work for 25 hours to get 25m. I buy the plate, do my activities and sell the plate for 22m. Now I want the same 100m for prayer. I have 22m so I need 78m more. This takes me 78+25=103.

In that example the chest plate is a bit better option. If we add in the advantages gotten from having less food and getting moreskill xp gotten from making the money, cbestplate becomes far more efficient than a torso. Of course it's argueable wether it's better than the barrow armours in a long run, but that's a subject for some other debate.

signaturehoh.jpg

I personally see items such as Bandos armours as sort of "investments". For me they aren't something that I'd buy now and then keep in the bank and letting them to collect dust. I don't exactly "spend" 25 millions on them, I'd just put 25m "aside" and then sell the blade when I needed to buy some other skills. How does that differ in the end from buying herbs and selling pots for example? You buy a way to get xp to a certain skill, during the process your money is in the bought things and once you're done, you sell the ending productions. The only difference is the thing that during this process your tool doesn't change form.

I also don't see how the tasset argument works. Lets say that I put all my money on tassets.

* I work for 6-8 hours to get the torso. After I'm done with my activities, I get nothing back. Now after maxing melee I want to buy 99 prayer and need 100m gp to get it. This means 106-108 hours of work.

* I work for 25 hours to get 25m. I buy the plate, do my activities and sell the plate for 22m. Now I want the same 100m for prayer. I have 22m so I need 78m more. This takes me 78+25=103.

In that example the chest plate is a bit better option. If we add in the advantages gotten from having less food and getting moreskill xp gotten from making the money, cbestplate becomes far more efficient than a torso. Of course it's argueable wether it's better than the barrow armours in a long run, but that's a subject for some other debate.

I was saying that If you only have ~30m and want a high strength bonus for slaying or whatever, you'd be better off getting tassets and a torso, unless you can reliable make 4.5m per hour.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I was saying that If you only have ~30m and want a high strength bonus for slaying or whatever, you'd be better off getting tassets and a torso, unless you can reliable make 4.5m per hour.

I've tried to figure out when the torso is actually better. Feel free to add new scenarios where it fits, but here are the only actual ones I could thing of. Of course I'm now getting a bit off topic and including other armours too.

1. You're going to train your slayer to 99. Do you want to save food and time (assuming the chest doesn't fall below 18 or so mils) or not? I'd say that without a doubt you'd go for the chest plate, even if it made you start slaying a day or two later. Or of course you could slay with a torag body and get the money from drops instead of spending a day or two at BA.

2. You're going to train "some" slayer (meaning it's enough to call it hard work but not even close of getting to 99). Again, do you choose to work 6-8 hours on something else or do you rather just slay with what you have or not? If you can afford the chest, sure you can buy it. After all unless it totally crashes within the next ge update, it saves time (and time is money) when compared to torso. If you can't afford it, why not just slay with barrows?

3. You want to kill Sara/bandos/Zammy GW bosses. Do you really spend a day or two at BA or just slay the bosses with a torag body until you have managed to get money for the plate? Notice, the 6-8h is away from your boss killing and you can always sell the torag body!

Lets do some calculations. If reaching your goal takes 50 hours 50k/h and it takes 7 hours to take the torso.

Without: 50h*50k = 2,5m xp

With: As it takes you 7 hours to take, you should do 2,5m/(100-7) = 58 140xp per hour to be worth it. At 100h rate it's close to 53k. However at those numbers the bandos chest becomes more efficient.

In other words, it depends on your own goal wether you should use a barrow body or the bandos chest. Like those calculations show, there's no rational reason to get a torso if the defence reqs aren't a problem. If you're going to do some random slaying, barrows or even rune plate is your choice. If you're going for some more dedicated thing, bandos chest is yours.

signaturehoh.jpg

with 95+ defence, EE and a bunyip you don't need defence for most slayer tasks. I tested this awhile ago by doing several tasks (something like abby demons, hell hounds, gargoyles, dagnoths) without a plate/legs. I really didn't have a problem. Also, if you only have 30m to spend on it and need a strength bonus, and can't make 4.5m per hour, your going to be better off with a torso as I said earlier, as it would be quicker, although you would loose out on the resale value. Torso is also more useful in Pvp. Personally I just have a dh plate/prossy plate and v skirt, and just piety stuff, more effective IMO.

DM0Yq2c.png

It's also worth mentioning I paid 13 for my BCP and 12 for my tassets. Both have about doubled in value >_> If I turned around and sold them today, which I really could because I finished slaying last year and have already got my 200m def exp, I would have a 100% profit that I could sit on until a later update knocks the armor's value down or something better comes along.

Plus, as already mentioned, even if I was selling at a loss I would have effectively paid out a little extra money for additional exp which is a damn good value if anybody who's got a little money.

• 3 weeks later...

Full dragon will always looks amazing, the plate and full helm go perfectly and look great.

i dont think many people buy the plate for its slash defence, the bandos plate's str bonus will always be more usefull for melee in my oppinion.

But since i dont have the money for both at the moment, i may purchase a dragon platebody for its looks and status. :D

sausagewalls.png

sausagewalls.png

sausagewalls.png

sausagewalls.png

Full Dragon over Bandos.

Bandos looks [developmentally delayed]ed, costs something stupid, and nothing goes better with my agility cape than full d.

+6 strength is irrelevant unless your low hp darrocking.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The only arguments for dragon/torso I'm seeing are looks and some irrational notion of limited wealth. You can always get more money in runescape.

+6 strength is better than +0 strength. Also bandos has prayer, which makes it even better than dragon or torso.

There's a simple test to determine whether Bandos is superior to Dragon. If you have 60-64 defense, dragon is better. If you have 65-69 defense, Bandos is better. If you have 70+ defense, the very fact that you would consider dragon armor over Barrows makes you arguably a n00b.

Similarly, if you have 45-64 defense, a Fighter Torso is better than a Bandos Chestplate. And if you have 1-29 runecrafting, then Fighter Torso is also better than a Proselyte Hauberk.

This is why you get the dragon plate (yes i'm aware of all the blinding whitespace)

fulldrag.jpg

so you can spend more money on a horribly overpriced helm and sub-par legs?

DM0Yq2c.png

This is why you get the dragon plate (yes i'm aware of all the blinding whitespace)

fulldrag.jpg

so you can spend more money on a horribly overpriced helm and sub-par legs?

exactly. subpar stuff that looks somewhat nice.

Considering you can't wear barrows your opinion on the effectivness ofnthem is irrelevent. And asthetic looks vary from person to person. IMO dragon looks better with the chain and without the full helm (/old school). I've never owned any dragon besides the skirt, boots, sq and weapons however, as they don't look hood enough to warrent the price.

DM0Yq2c.png

Considering you can't wear barrows your opinion on the effectivness ofnthem is irrelevent. And asthetic looks vary from person to person. IMO dragon looks better with the chain and without the full helm (/old school). I've never owned any dragon besides the skirt, boots, sq and weapons however, as they don't look hood enough to warrent the price.

See the funny thing about the "you cant wear barrows" comment is that my lack of ability to wear it does not affect my ability to form an opinion of it. In fact my account is older than barrows (by several years) so I believe that I've witnessed enough of the barrows to understand it's effectiveness.I didn't say anything about barrows to begin with that would be you forcing words into my mouth or posts as the case may be. Furthermore I did not say that the price tag was worth the shape and coloration of the avatar's pixels as provided by the dragon items.

At all of 21 with a full time job and being a casual player I believe I have the right to form an opinion on an item/items regardless of my ability to utilize.

And in case anyone was wondering no that isn't me in the pictures that was someone I saw in the GE in a fortuitous happening.

Anway back to the topic, between bandos and Dragon I would choose bandos if I wanted to mage with decent defence. And Dragon for melee or rangeing since it doesn't negatively affect either and has well rounded stats. But in the end more will choose bandos since it's more worth it's price tag.

nuc_sol.png

See the funny thing about the "you cant wear barrows" comment is that my lack of ability to wear it does not affect my ability to form an opinion of it. In fact my account is older than barrows (by several years) so I believe that I've witnessed enough of the barrows to understand it's effectiveness.I didn't say anything about barrows to begin with that would be you forcing words into my mouth or posts as the case may be. Furthermore I did not say that the price tag was worth the shape and coloration of the avatar's pixels as provided by the dragon items.

At all of 21 with a full time job and being a casual player I believe I have the right to form an opinion on an item/items regardless of my ability to utilize.

And in case anyone was wondering no that isn't me in the pictures that was someone I saw in the GE in a fortuitous happening.

Anway back to the topic, between bandos and Dragon I would choose bandos if I wanted to mage with decent defence. And Dragon for melee or rangeing since it doesn't negatively affect either and has well rounded stats. But in the end more will choose bandos since it's more worth it's price tag.

you did however, imply it.

DM0Yq2c.png

If I had choose between Id choose bandos. Thats of course if I had the money.

However as others as stated, barrows is the best thing to use for defense. Also got to remember when you are fighting monsters, you get drops from them, which in turn help pay for the repair of barrows.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]