Mobilising Armies

Xecer

So here I am, grinding ranks at mobilising armies. The game itself is pretty horrible in my opinion, which is really disappointing since it has a lot of potential.

But, this post is not about the mediocre game play or the fact that people do not even play it the right way (most of the people are just rushing the game to get ranks, like me), it is about the chat.

I am not quite sure why Jagex decided to remove free chat in this game, or why they chose to disable the clan chat during the game, but it is really really annoying and to be honest it is one of the reasons why this minigame (I mean activity >.>) is generally bad received.

Is it because it would enable people to rant about the "activity" during a game? Or is it just a test for future "activities" that might contain the same chat concept?

Please share your thoughts on why Jagex did this and what you think of it yourself :)

Oh, I'm rank 93 as we speak :D

Because MA was failed from the start.

Only being able to select a single unit in a RTS is terrible. Add the fact there are only 6 units in total.

Then they tried to fix it but the limits of the engine (1 unit at a time) can never go away. So in the end it keeps getting worse and worse while they try to fix it.

Personally I don't see why they didn't just make it into RuneScape chess. I mean a pure and simple game of chess with RS characters. Maybe add a little cutscene when a piece is taken.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Uh, they didn't put in chat because of "technical difficulties".

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

Hmm, I often thought if it is possible to micro on MA, get one light unit, let the other guy bunch up his units and attack it, run away while your units and focusing fire his, it could work if the other guy's micro sucks.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Hmm, I often thought if it is possible to micro on MA, get one light unit, let the other guy bunch up his units and attack it, run away while your units and focusing fire his, it could work if the other guy's micro sucks.

I fought a guy who did that. He was really good at it, and I couldn't do anything about it cause all of my units were heavy.

MA is a terrible, terrible game, and I can't believe that people have to play it for around 25 hours to get the best rings in the game. It's total [cabbage]. And I totally agree with you; not being able to chat makes it so much more unbearable.

I'm 122 rank. I just play while I do my homework. I'm a suicider.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Adding chat would have been too much strain on the game engine, that is why it was removed. It also prevents people from ganging up on eachother.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

First off, you need to say up front, why you are grinding this minigame to gain up ranks. Do you want to become a member of the Front Page? What is it man, because by the looks of it, you are forcing yourself to play to grind, thus not really enjoying the game. You are making yourself sick of a minigame that was supposed to be there for fun.

Maybe Jagex removed chatting in the minigame because too many people were saying to others how "They are better than you." Whatever the reason, it is probably for the better. Who wants to be playing a game only to be insulted all the time? Would you go through a lot just to get insulted?

So you feel lonely by not speaking? You don't have to play Mobilizing Armies. I only see your greed and selfishness to gain a high rank just to make yourself on the front page.

Jjuusstin, wow, you really have no understanding of Mobilising Armies, do you? I'm gonna guess you're either F2P (no firsthand knowledge of the game) or you haven't played it (c.f. above).

1) Rank 93 means he has 93 points in the minigame, not that he's the 93rd best player.

2) There are rewards at 100, 200, and 300 ranks - the most likely reason anyone to play that game.

3) Why not take chat out of runescape in general? No one wants to go on a game to get insulted, right?

First off, you need to say up front, why you are grinding this minigame to gain up ranks. Do you want to become a member of the Front Page? What is it man, because by the looks of it, you are forcing yourself to play to grind, thus not really enjoying the game. You are making yourself sick of a minigame that was supposed to be there for fun.

Maybe Jagex removed chatting in the minigame because too many people were saying to others how "They are better than you." Whatever the reason, it is probably for the better. Who wants to be playing a game only to be insulted all the time? Would you go through a lot just to get insulted?

So you feel lonely by not speaking? You don't have to play Mobilizing Armies. I only see your greed and selfishness to gain a high rank just to make yourself on the front page.

As Bladewing explained, I did the minigame for the rewards at rank 300. The Berserker ring (i) is worth the pain :)

• 1 month later...

The main reason they were unable to use chat in MA I believe was because the space in which you played was too big. But considering that with Dungeoneering we are able to chat with other people on far different sides of a dungeon, maybe Jagex got around that technical difficulty. So maybe they can add chat now?

Because MA was failed from the start.

Only being able to select a single unit in a RTS is terrible. Add the fact there are only 6 units in total.

Then they tried to fix it but the limits of the engine (1 unit at a time) can never go away. So in the end it keeps getting worse and worse while they try to fix it.

Personally I don't see why they didn't just make it into RuneScape chess. I mean a pure and simple game of chess with RS characters. Maybe add a little cutscene when a piece is taken.

Kinda thought it would be like chess. It wasn't, and the game was really boring.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

The mere combination of the words Dungeon and Eering makes my blood start to boil. The fact that somebody at Jagex thought it was an enjoyable "Skill" literally makes me lose faith in humanity.

^^ Changed for more truth

But on topic. Yes MA is in the top 10 of Jagex's greatest fails. (Along with Dungeoneering.)

Has anyone else noticed that Jagex tries to implement good rewards to make up for their half assed updates, making people feel forced to play them for the rewards?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I totally agree about MA, I went in with high hopes, expecting something like the early warcraft games or age of empires, but it's just so damn rigid, It's so slow my, commands barely keep up with my thoughts and by the time I've issued orders I'm already getting a fork jabbed up my [wagon].

it also irks me as to I need to keep wasteing money on special items that are almost necessary to win, the whole concept of allowing people to dump junk into the minigame relies on whether the minigame is worth playing...

One of the most rewarding minigames, but it just has too little thought put into it.

Too slow units, bad selection system, no chat.

When I became member again after half a year, it was the first thing I wanted to play. 3 Games were enough for me to leave it..