Why has cannoning at Green Dragons ...

Kashi

I used to be the only one I ever saw doing this. >.>

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I went like 7 days ago and there was no problem, but now every world has at least 2 cannons in it.

None of the recent updates explain this phenomenon.

idiotacyoa5.png

I guess the last time I went I was lucky enough to get an empty world on the first try.

idiotacyoa5.png

Cannons suck. They were put into the game by a complete piece of garbage. People that use them are scum in my opinion. All they do is allow one person to completely ruin an entire area for every one else.

It's single combat...?

Cannons suck. They were put into the game by a complete piece of garbage. People that use them are scum in my opinion. All they do is allow one person to completely ruin an entire area for every one else.

It's single combat...?

I was not just referring to the green dragons.

It's single combat...?

I was not just referring to the green dragons.

Or if the wilderness were actually dangerous? Like if you die to a revenant you get no grave? That might help.

So we are scum because we choose to use an advantage that Jagex provided us, not to mention the money that we shell out to actually buy this advantage?

So we are scum because we choose to use an advantage that Jagex provided us, not to mention the money that we shell out to actually buy this advantage?

Ignore the idiots. If we pay the money for it, we deserve the advantage that it gives. That is all.

People are using it... because it's effective? It's fast, the drops pay for the cannonballs and then some? That's the way it works.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Yep. Just because you can do something does not mean that you should. So instead of pointing out the BS that cannons cause you would rather just take "advantage" of it.

750K max is hardly expensive.

750K max is hardly expensive.

After just a few slayer tasks, the cannonballs will add up to far more than that. Don't like cannon myself for that reason, losing too much money. That, and no hp xp annoys me too. :(

Tafkan.png

[hide=Achievements]Quest Cape - 31st October 2009

68,238th to Fletching Cape - 7th February 2010

Champion's tackle box - 26th July 2010

Nomad killed - 4th of November 2010

140,305th to Woodcutting Cape - 12th April 2011

187,690th to Cooking Cape - 6th June 2011

72,234th to Fishing Cape - 7th July 2011

19,010th to Crafting Cape - 8th July 2011[/hide]

Ignore the idiots. If we pay the money for it, we deserve the advantage that it gives. That is all.

People are using it... because it's effective? It's fast, the drops pay for the cannonballs and then some? That's the way it works.

Oh so by your example then if Jagex sold in game advantages for real money you would deserve it because you paid for it. Games that do that are total garbage as are the lowlifes that put them out. For your information I could easily afford over 1K cannons, but I would not even consider buying one because they should not be in the game. And you even pointed out another thing about SOME cannon users, feeble idiots like you that can't or won't even make they own ammo for the cannons.

You just want it to run up your levels to make it look like you can actually play a video game.

Oh so by your example then if Jagex sold in game advantages for real money you would deserve it because you paid for it. Games that do that are total garbage as are the lowlifes that put them out. For your information I could easily afford over 1K cannons, but I would not even consider buying one because they should not be in the game. And you even pointed out another thing about SOME cannon users, feeble idiots like you that can't or won't even make they own ammo for the cannons.

You just want it to run up your levels to make it look like you can actually play a video game.

Yeah, because buying items with real world money and buying items with pixelated money are TOTALLY similar. :rolleyes: Everyone has access to a cannon. If you don't want to pay for the advantage, don't use it. It's a very simple concept.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Brilliant strawman argument -- I never said anything about buying things with real money. How about you actually argue against the points I bring up? I am buying the advantage with money that I earned IN THE GAME by PLAYING THE GAME. Jagex put cannons in the game on purpose, and they allowed their use in a large number of places. You seem to limit your potential by not using a cannon -- that's fine, I just prefer to use my full potential. Jagex themselves said that their rules are essentially "get bigger or get out" -- the cannon is part of it, just as much as using a whip over a dragon scimitar or using Dragon Claws for specs.

And I'm feeble for not making my own ammo? I'm feeble by giving money to others to do a task that I don't want to do myself? They value the money more than the cannonballs, I value the cannonballs more than the money. I don't see where anyone loses here. If Jagex intended us to make the ammo for the cannon ourselves, they wouldn't have made the cannonballs tradeable.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

well i was doing it a couple months back on my zerker, sorta told a few people, maybe word spread, i dont know. Im currently doign it again but on my real account now, banking 95 prayer myself, using yak and stuff. The high price of dbones makes it more then 1.4m profit an hour for me now (although im not selling bones, so really only breaking even)

but yea.

Brilliant strawman argument -- I never said anything about buying things with real money. How about you actually argue against the points I bring up? I am buying the advantage with money that I earned IN THE GAME by PLAYING THE GAME. Jagex put cannons in the game on purpose, and they allowed their use in a large number of places. You seem to limit your potential by not using a cannon -- that's fine, I just prefer to use my full potential. Jagex themselves said that their rules are essentially "get bigger or get out" -- the cannon is part of it, just as much as using a whip over a dragon scimitar or using Dragon Claws for specs.

And I'm feeble for not making my own ammo? I'm feeble by giving money to others to do a task that I don't want to do myself? They value the money more than the cannonballs, I value the cannonballs more than the money. I don't see where anyone loses here. If Jagex intended us to make the ammo for the cannon ourselves, they wouldn't have made the cannonballs tradeable.

No you did not say anything about buying things with real money, however you did say that paying for something made you deserve the advantage. Your statement was very generalized.

The point is that the cannons should not have been put into the game. Which is exactly what I said.

Something that can ruin a whole area for everyone else in it should not be in the game. If you want to use a cannon in a single combat area then get a hand cannon. It is total BS when, for example, 3 players are fighting the black demons in Taverly dungeon and one blankhole comes in and sets up a cannon destroying the dungeon for the others.

As for the not making your own ammo, this game has become just buy your levels instead of actually playing the game for yourself. This is sold as an adventuring game not as an economic simulation game. Why would anyone pay to play a game, then turn around and try to find any way they can to get out of actually playing it? If you do not want to play a particular part of the game, then you should have to do without the things that playing that part of the game gets you.

Jagex sucks for catering to the buy your levels crowd. I don't even like buying from NPCs unless I have to because I can not make/obtain the stuff for myself. Meaning that there is no way to do so in game, not that I don't have the levels. If I don't have the level to do something, I do without until I get the level.

No you did not say anything about buying things with real money, however you did say that paying for something made you deserve the advantage. Your statement was very generalized.

The point is that the cannons should not have been put into the game. Which is exactly what I said.

Something that can ruin a whole area for everyone else in it should not be in the game. If you want to use a cannon in a single combat area then get a hand cannon. It is total BS when, for example, 3 players are fighting the black demons in Taverly dungeon and one blankhole comes in and sets up a cannon destroying the dungeon for the others.

As for the not making your own ammo, this game has become just buy your levels instead of actually playing the game for yourself. This is sold as an adventuring game not as an economic simulation game. Why would anyone pay to play a game, then turn around and try to find any way they can to get out of actually playing it? If you do not want to play a particular part of the game, then you should have to do without the things that playing that part of the game gets you.

Jagex sucks for catering to the buy your levels crowd. I don't even like buying from NPCs unless I have to because I can not make/obtain the stuff for myself. Meaning that there is no way to do so in game, not that I don't have the levels. If I don't have the level to do something, I do without until I get the level.

So, because I wasn't overly rigorous in that statement, you interpret it in the most broad way possible? I would think that context would make it clear what I'm talking about.

As I said before, the way the game is designed, you get bigger or you get out. Yes, someone can take up most of the black demon room with a cannon (not all of it, believe it or not). In other places, you can take up an entire room by killing everything in the room at top speed using super potions. Should you ban super potions because it ruins that room for anyone else? Should they be taken out? Are you kidding? You hop worlds and find another place. And if it's somewhere where there's always a cannon, well you're out of luck -- if you can't compete with the cannon, either get one of your own or get out. This isn't a grey area by any stretch of the imagination. On the topic of people coming in and just setting it up, a large number of people will hop until they find an empty world to start fighting (most people, not all -- also, in some places, like Dagannoths, there are just too many people in all worlds, and besides, there are so many spawns that you can't possibly take up all of them on your own.) It's an extension of your own combat ability, just like any upgrade in equipment.

Yes, there is a lot of buying levels -- it's called emergent gameplay. The game was originally designed differently, yes, but it started to take a different direction. Someone realized "Hey, I can save a lot of time if I pay people to collect X for me) and they did. It probably wasn't intended to be that way, but that's what happened. And you know what? In almost 10 years of updates, Jagex has consistently done almost nothing about it. Just because you oppose the idea doesn't mean that I don't have every right to do it. Your style of gameplay is different from mine -- the great thing about this game is that I don't HAVE to play the way that you do, and you don't HAVE to play the way that I do, either.

We will have to agree to disagree on this -- the way I play is consistent with the rules, just uses things that you don't like. You don't like using anything that you bought and I prefer to buy things if it's more convenient for me. No one is breaking any rules, and everyone has the right to play however they want within the rules. I don't see what the big problem here is.

MischlingsSH.png

Jagex may have intended to put cannons in the game, but they also intended to put 26King into the game. Don't even say that they didn't, because they would have to be complete idiots not to have known that it would get used as it did. The only reason that they changed it was because of so many people being against it. But cannoners, just like 26Kers, would rather take advantage of it than point out the problems with it. When people don't fight the crap like cannons or 26King and let it become entrenched in the game they become just as bad as people that do bug abuse.

Don't even say that they didn't, because they would have to be complete idiots not to have known that it would get used as it did.

To be fair, I think Jagex are complete idiots in that sense. They never seem to think through the implications and consequences of their updates. Examples are PvP drop tables, extreme potions, announcing bonus xp in advance... the list goes on.