Mith Drag Hunting

Jadinko

I've started hunting mithril dragons in hope for a visage or full helm, Here is a little information:

hw0ok4.jpg

Im guessing 'many 'means 100 +, so i would say ive killed 200 in under 2 days. You can also see my stats to show that im serious. Is this a goal worth carrying out? Dont want to be wasting my time.

Thanks tip.it.

Miseryism | Completionist

No, it's a waste of time. You'll waste a lot on supplies and the DFH/visage is so rare that it's not worth going after.

Im breaking even at the moment. The rune items and bones fill up my invent so it's not TOO bad.

No, it's a waste of time. You'll waste a lot on supplies and the DFH/visage is so rare that it's not worth going after.

Im breaking even at the moment. The rune items and bones fill up my invent so it's not TOO bad.

But there are so many better ways to make money. You'd be better off doing GWD or TDs and then buying the visage/DFH...

But there are so many better ways to make money. You'd be better off doing GWD or TDs and then buying the visage/DFH...

Yeah i've done alot of GWD and TD's - i just got bored of them and wanted to try something different. Also a visage drop or DFH would be a nice achievment.

It's a gamble. nobody really knows what the drop rate of DFH is.

You really should get pack yaks, They should make a big difference, as you'll be able to bank those mith bars effectively.

With your stats you really should be able to take down ~ 40 mithril dragons per hour

I'd say that if the drop rate of the DFH is 1/1000, it'll be worth it.

Naaxi.png

It's a gamble. nobody really knows what the drop rate of DFH is.

You really should get pack yaks, They should make a big difference, as you'll be able to bank those mith bars effectively.

With your stats you really should be able to take down ~ 40 mithril dragons per hour

I'd say that if the drop rate of the DFH is 1/1000, it'll be worth it.

These are the exact numbers i was looking for/at. Ive searched google/RSOF for any sort of drop rate/drop log and found next to none.

I personally love mithril dragons. They are fun, easy, and, depending on your method, profitable.

This game is about what you want. If you want to see a DFH on the ground from your efforts, go for it. My mithril goal is to complete my journal, and I do it when I'm bored, so go for it.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

My mithril goal is to complete my journal, and I do it when I'm bored, so go for it.

OT: Fastest way to do that is to rummage bones while killing wf. You get journal pages quite often, as well as those bones you burn.

I personally love mithril dragons. They are fun, easy, and, depending on your method, profitable.

This game is about what you want. If you want to see a DFH on the ground from your efforts, go for it. My mithril goal is to complete my journal, and I do it when I'm bored, so go for it.

Thankyou. I guess im doing it the most effective way, ZS, super antis and extremes. Have you got any numbers from your own encounters?

Thankyou. I guess im doing it the most effective way, ZS, super antis and extremes. Have you got any numbers from your own encounters?

Just from an economic standpoint, I'd say that there is a good chance that mithril dragons are great money.

Because for the very reason that they are poorly documented. Remember that when good data and a guide comes out for a money maker, that money maker usually crashes in terms of money.

I wish I had more data... but I don't

I've personally logged about 200 mith kills without a DFH if that means anything to you

I'd say go for 500-1000 kills if you're really curious. If you don't get a DFH by then call it off.

If you do find that the drop rate is on the order of ~1/500, you may have found one of runescape's lesser known amazing money makers

best money makers are always the ones nobody knows about afterall.

nothing ventured nothing gained aye? ;)

Naaxi.png

Just from an economic standpoint, I'd say that there is a good chance that mithril dragons are great money.

Because for the very reason that they are poorly documented. Remember that when good data and a guide comes out for a money maker, that money maker usually crashes in terms of money.

I wish I had more data... but I don't

I've personally logged about 200 mith kills without a DFH if that means anything to you

I'd say go for 500-1000 kills if you're really curious. If you don't get a DFH by then call it off.

If you do find that the drop rate is on the order of ~1/500, you may have found one of runescape's lesser known amazing money makers

best money makers are always the ones nobody knows about afterall.

nothing ventured nothing gained aye? ;)

Thankyou for spending time on my post. I do see where you are going but maybe they never get documented because people don't stay long enough because they dont drop, ever.

Imp Boxes or, even better, a Pack yak greatly increases your profit, though, with your stats and Super Antis, that shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It's waste of time. If you want to get Visage, i recommend taking your spear and antifire to Iron Dragons.

Whip > Spear at irons and steels.

Weakness to stab

+2 Prayer bonus (Turmoil/Protect)

>>> Spear.

Have experienced smoother kills with Z spear even at Blue dragons.

It's waste of time. If you want to get Visage, i recommend taking your spear and antifire to Iron Dragons.

Whip > Spear at irons and steels.

Weakness to stab

+2 Prayer bonus (Turmoil/Protect)

>>> Spear.

Have experienced smoother kills with Z spear even at Blue dragons.

Using extremes and turmoil you will get faster kills with a whip and a defender than a z spear at all three of those dragons. I don't know what "smoother kills" means.

If you approach this with an aim to kill them for their regular drops, and to be excited at the possibility of a rare DFH/DFS drop, great.

If you are killing them *expecting* one of those drops, prepare for disappointment.

You can certainly make decent money at miths even without a rare drop, but you need to use proper technique and bank all the drops. The new fairy ring makes this a lot easier.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Using extremes and turmoil you will get faster kills with a whip and a defender than a z spear at all three of those dragons. I don't know what "smoother kills" means.

With turmoil added, yes Abyssal whip is better. At least at Iron Dragons, but i meant without.

Smoother: less 0s.

With turmoil added, yes Abyssal whip is better. At least at Iron Dragons, but i meant without.

Smoother: less 0s.

No reason to not use turmoil.

No reason to not use turmoil.

Using Turmoil or flash praying requires attention. Attention requires energy. So you get exhausted mentally. So best thing to do is lay back and just kill without Turmoil. If you do with Turmoil and you don't pay well attention most of time>waste of prayer points.

To Zombie:

Do Iron dragons. I bet you can kill over 200 each day. Visage drop rate is around 1/1000 or 1/2000 i think.