Wow, there's been some changes around here!!

Hobgoblin11

My my my!! I was watching something on TV that reminded me of the days I used to play Runescape, when literally everyone was talking about it.

I stopped playing and retired the best part of 3 years ago when I started Uni, and having just logged in again for old times sake....what a lot has changed!! I find that I no longer have a clue what is going on, trading definitely ain't what it used to be, and I can't find my way around! Still, the msic is better ;-)

Not been on these forums for a long time either. I used to be part of the TET, I organised the 'Kidnapping of Honest1' event, if anyone remembers that? The forums have changed a lot too, congrats on the shiny new forum, developers!!

So I guess the point of this post is, is there anyone else like me on these forums?! Relative old-schoolers (I say relative because I never played RS1 - they are the real old-schoolers), that remember how things used to be before the game got ruined somewhat by chinese gold-farmers? What kinds of things do you remember, can anyone recall when some guy had a house party, and found a way to go round killing everyone outside of the wilderness? Things like that.

My RS Character is Calvernator by the way, if anyone feels compelled to look me up/remembers me.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

I took a 4 year break (came back last summer). It was really hard coming back cause everything had changed.. I felt like a complete noob, but I think I'm mostly caught up now.

I kind of miss the old days though.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

You are 294/297 levels to having the 3 most common skillcapes

Lol, yep, the first two because they were relatively easy (and fletching made some money), and the third because I just decided I wanted it!!

Glad to hear someone remembers that event, from what I remember the actual even didn't work that well, but making the videos and the lead up to it was a lot of fun!

Yeh I can imagine DeltaER, it does actually seem like updates and changes have slowed a bit since I left (they were churning out 1 a week), and looking at the map, I recognise the vast majority of it, so it hasn't changed perhaps quite as much as I'd have expected, but they way the game works and actually playing it, it looks like it's changed an awful lot. Do you find the new system better or not?

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

'Fraid not Den, far too busy these days. My degree is pretty much taking over my life, but it's nice to drop in, see how things are going. Might stick around for a lil bit, you never know ;-)

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Check out the "Old School! Post your pictures!" thread for a real nostalgia trip.

*points to join date*

I feel you. There were definitely some aspects I thoroughly enjoyed that are gone (World 2 merchanting, buying unids, stuff like that), but there are also some things that are better (the boss hunting scene mainly)

lalalasig2.png

Glad to see you again, Hobgoblin11... :thumbsup: ....... I was out for a year myself. When I came back, it was like a nuclear windstorm hit both RuneScape and Tip.It Forums. First look on my face was something like :shock: (shock emote) when I saw what has happened. Since then, I've kinda grown into it, little by little. :) ....... Still not up-to-speed, though. You can thank those damn merchers for that. <_< ....... And BTW, F2P'ers with 5M+ exp can now post on the forum, W00T!!! :D ....... You should eventually come back, though. The more oldies here, the better. B)

~Mr. D. V. "It's good to be one of the Tip.It Forum Community..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I feel like at some point before/after you were in the TET you organized your own forum/site for RuneScape events. Is that you?

Yep, that was kind of me. It was called H1P, and was lead by Honest1, I was an administrator and posted most of the events we ran on Tip.It and many other forums. H1P ended however when we merged with TET, something to do with TET needing more team members because they were in decline,and our H1P website going down.

Cheers Denull, it's nice to be remembered!! Certainly the graphics are the biggest thing to hit you straight away - no more squinting at a tiny box, they've done the proper job on it!! Stick that in your pipe, WoW'ers, always used to be b*tching that RS graphics were rubbish!! Good stuff about the forums though, was about time they recognised the input that experienced players on F2P could give!

lalala7324, were you one of the Miniclip'ers too? Looking at that thread, thats exactly how I think of RS still being, so it's not so much nostalgia, because I really havent a clue what RS s like now!! Still, some good old ones that bring back memories. What's boss hunting? Sounds cool, fill me in.

Argh, I can feel myself being drawn back in already!! No wonder it took me 3 years to kick the addiction, it really is a very good game!!

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Lol, a lot has changed, and for the better. I suggest, however, that you don't start playing again... It's not worth it, lol. For starters, though, read through ALL the major updates on the Runescape Main page. Then you could try reading through some of the knowledge archives on these forums. Have fun. Lots of new quests that you should start.

guido_49.png

Cheers Denull, it's nice to be remembered!!
Some things just never change... Bah... Not another one misspelling my name! :angry:

Argh, I can feel myself being drawn back in already!! No wonder it took me 3 years to kick the addiction, it really is a very good game!!
You shall be drawn in further! You shall return! :P

~Mr. D. V. "Don't forget that 'v' in my name!" Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Typo, I swear!!!!

Nah, Im pretty sure I can resist, but I might swing by a TET party from time to time.

Out of interest, what made you start playing again, did you miss it?

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Well even if you are busy with Uni, why not stay with tip it? You don't have to play to enjoy the section that is Off-topic. :razz:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Typo, I swear!!!!
Heh... K, LOL :lol:

Nah, Im pretty sure I can resist, but I might swing by a TET party from time to time.
Oh, we'll find a way to draw you in. :twisted:

Out of interest, what made you start playing again, did you miss it?
Click this :arrow: "Changes to the Hitpoints Skill ~ 03-Mar-2010" and this :arrow: "Free Player Forum Access Expanded ~ 15-Mar-2010" and then finally read this, a forum post of mine :arrow: "Post of the return of Mr. D. V. Devnull ~ 08 March 2010 @ 10:33 AM PDT" (Note the nifty formatting, LOL...) ... Put simply, it took a lot of major things to draw my interest once again, as well as something I'd rather not talk about, to cause my return. Any which way, I'm glad to be back, and this time probably to stay... B)

Well even if you are busy with Uni, why not stay with tip it? You don't have to play to enjoy the section that is Off-topic. :razz:
What they said... and you can add the Forum Games section (my current haunt zone is the "Countdown From 15K" thread) to that little old list. :thumbsup:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Hey Hobby, hope you still remember me. Good ole days in the TET. But I'm afraid it would be best for you to post in the Introduce yourself to Tip.it thread in this forum. I hope you find some people to talk to via that. Also join an unofficial Tip.it Clan Chat or the official Tip.it IRC room. I'm also willing to sit down and have a chat about those days back then. :P

With this post, this is now locked. PM me if you need me. Thanks and have a great day!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg