Bossing questions

L0rdAki

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's true. It's also my opinion.

It's not true and I could go into a long explanation but the main point is slayer is only good for slayer xp/levels and unlocking slayer monsters should you choose to camp them.

Even if your opinion is that slayer is fun (I also find it fun), it does not make slayer any better for making money. Profit/hour doesn't lie and slayer just doesn't compare to other methods.

:wall: I choose not to argue with you.

Edit: I will question you this though. What other money making methods? Boss hunting? This thread turned from that into a slayer-based thing. Skilling? He needs levels more than money. Merchanting? It's good money but are we seriously going go from boss to slayer to merchanting?

Not trying to start a flame war, I have nothing against you.

Edit2: K It's late and I don't really think straight. I do acknowledge that slayer is not really a money making skill, I know that slayer allows you to unlock the monsters than make the money. I'm just saying that I've made a lot of money via the slayer skill.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I have to say that Bandos is far from necessary for slayer. Fire cape, proselyte plate, and Verac's skirt using piety. BAM, you're almost slaying at max efficiency right there.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Woah, trippy...

How about we keep both sides happy? I kill something that doesn't require a 1337 connection but still profits (So, perhaps for example, meleeing blue dragons?) till about 85 melees, then I buy whatever herby/range level with the cash i've got then, then slay for a while?

I might put my own 2c into my own thread:

I want (In this order)

Cash > Buyable skills (Range, Herby, Prayer) > Combat Skills w/o summoning > Summoning > Bossing

I suppose the order could be tweaked if that sounds a little too unrealistic at the moment...

Let's do a whole 180 and rule out slayer for now. What's next?

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I have a bandos set of course, but I usually use verac skirt instead of bandos tassets.

But when I was your level I was walking around in d skirt. Good enough for most tasks. Cheap.

You should do slayer the way you like it, not the way other people dictate it. It's a game.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I know it's a game...I'd still like to do stuff decently though. I'm earning, like, 200k per hour picking fungus and have bad skills, so i need some advice...:P

I don't really want bandos, anymore :|

Side note, total worth is now 40m. Yay passive income.

:wall: I choose not to argue with you.

Edit: I will question you this though. What other money making methods? Boss hunting? This thread turned from that into a slayer-based thing. Skilling? He needs levels more than money. Merchanting? It's good money but are we seriously going go from boss to slayer to merchanting?

Not trying to start a flame war, I have nothing against you.

Edit2: K It's late and I don't really think straight. I do acknowledge that slayer is not really a money making skill, I know that slayer allows you to unlock the monsters than make the money. I'm just saying that I've made a lot of money via the slayer skill.

Look. With better stats (than op's), there are so many things that could earn over 1m/h it's just insane. Scroll making, Pouch trading, flipping, long term investing, unf potions, barbarian potions, herb cleaning, tanning bloody snake hides, gem mining, mining rune with a magpie, tds, bandos, corp, dks, armadyl, sara, green dragons.

The list goes on and on and on. As said in the Slayer Sucks! thread (somewhat outdated now with turmoil, fero ring and extremes), Slayer is only 'efficient' for slayer xp. There is no argument that there are many superior methods of making money.

However, Slayer training will ofcourse, feel more casual than solid grinding. Something that cannot be put into numbers.

So basically - Do slayer if you like it. If not, dont.

Just start training the skill and it will be easier... Cannon every single thing you can and you'll be adding them lvls up liek nothing. Plant herbs inbetween to make extra cash and you'll be good. I was planting kwuarms inbetween and i made around 5 mil in a week just off from that.

Stop believing everything you hear about the gear, seriously, barrows is just fine. I started playing again like 2 months ago, and i trained 81 to 86 slayer in a month or less. Using barrows equip, and guthans for healing. Had summoning lvl 1 and hadn't evn heard about defender... :D

Only thing you should get in addition to barrows is a ZS, that IS useful for its price.

Just start slaying instead of killing greens or stuff, you will need the combat xp anyway, why not do it during slayer? You will still get blue dragon tasks and doing clues and cannoning all you will be better than breaking even. Trust me, i've been doing it for a while, I have never gotten a single dragon drop, and still i have money for all the stuff i need.

Honestly.

Purekilljoy.png

Why bother with slayer? You're better off camping unless you are going for max total (400+ days of game play).

Everyone seems to love slayer on this forum for some reason. You can get better melee xp/charms elsewhere (WATERFIENDS, fantastic XP and obviously great for charms). If you can camp there for 88 summoning with a ZS you'll have nice melee stats to go with it.

Efficiency wise, slaying is better than camping- the slower melee xp rate is balanced by the charms, slayer xp and loot. But if you just want to boss hunt then you're better off not training with slayer, getting your range and melees into the 90s and 88 summoning earlier by camping. I recently had a summoning goal (96) and started slaying tasks to get there. It's about half the charm rate of waterfiends and I quickly gave up. I personally find slayer more frustrating and boring than camping fiends for charms.

At max melee I get 80k xp/hour at waterfiends, but there are spots where I could get 120k XP/hour with less charm drops. You'll need 20m to buy everything you need for camping 90+ melees at waterfiends, and you'll make probably 30m back in drops.

You could also barrage rock lobs for charms after training melee in a very fast spot. When going for my 99s, I managed to break the 150k melee xp/hour mark in the tunnels under ape atol. (Max str gear + piety + salve (e)).

If I were to do it all again I don't think I would train slayer at all.

I'd have to get 80 cooking first for fiends, no? Is there a good guide on how to do them like you suggest?

I'd have to get 80 cooking first for fiends, no? Is there a good guide on how to do them like you suggest?

You don't have to but it would help. It lets you eat the raw shark drops. There are raw lob drops too though, I think there is a guide in the AoW.

A guide on how to do waterfiends? I've always used Kent's method from this guide.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots