Dungeons & Dragons

Seraphi

Ross, that's around...maybe 2:00 AM GMT?

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

slloooooowwww week for TIFFT ( Tip.It Forums Falador Tavern)

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Not really into the permanent death thing. It basically leads to a situation where you want to go forward and fight, but you no one wants to be in front because there is a chance they could die.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Simple: Just throw a moglin in ahead of you to spring any traps. Earthsage should work, considering his avatar.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Why must we constantly pick on low rollers, isn't it bad enough that the dice hate them? O_o

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Earths avatar is cute O_O.

If traps are coming up ahead, or the area looks trapped, we'll just check.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Well considering we usually end at 2:00 in the morning, that means Grim will be here for most, if not all of the session.

Well Retech, the solution to that is fairly simple. Nobody really wants to sit back and do nothing, either, so it may take a few minutes of arguing, but eventually you'll end up going for it anyway, and with a plan since you took the time to discuss the order you went in.

2Xeo5.png

I take it the group has no tanker character? Looks like I know what character I'll be making once I jump in. (btw I'm all for perma death)

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Igos is a paladin with 20 AC at level two. So yeah :rolleyes:

That said, Retech tends to throw his character into danger constantly, so he probably needs a tank just to himself.

2Xeo5.png

err, i usually go ahead myself. but nex, you are starting to piss me off. i aint that much of a moglin.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

mmmmm, Paladins. I play one of those on WoW :o (well, when I had a computer that is) I need to reread the rules/manuals to get a feel for DnD again. Drow Ranger keeps coming to mind -_-

Lqt9R.png

Well considering we usually end at 2:00 in the morning, that means Grim will be here for most, if not all of the session.

Well Retech, the solution to that is fairly simple. Nobody really wants to sit back and do nothing, either, so it may take a few minutes of arguing, but eventually you'll end up going for it anyway, and with a plan since you took the time to discuss the order you went in.

I still think that losing exp times level is already a big penalty. Then again, the only game I've ever played with exp like that is Dungeoneering (except Runescape, but ya know, not really any penalty except your stuff). It basically does the same thing to a lesser scale as perma death, and has no side effects.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

As long as you don't try to play Drizzt, it's cool with me.

Sooba!

Earthsage, your avatar is a moglin from Adventurequest, don't deny it. Besides, I know you're not a moglin, even Kabroz is cooler than you.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yeah, but that's the thing. I'm not going to permenantly gimp somebody. They come back with the groups average level minus two with a new character, and generally, you shouldn't be dying all that easily anyway.

The 50xp times level isn't a big penalty at all, really, considering you need 1000 xp to get to level two. It just doesn't instill the fear of losing a character into people. That is to say, it makes death more of a nuisance than something to try at all costs to prevent. It makes it cheap.

Edit: Oh jeez, AdventureQuest? That game looks like it was drawn by a monkey. And coded by a different monkey.

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, though their other games can be good, and they do at least try =b

RIP Dawngate ;-;

That's not the thing though. I'm not a big fan of losing my character, since it's really a show stopper.

Yeah, but as I said, you should be in the back, shooting fireworks at people, since you have crappy AC.

Death shouldn't happen often at all. I mean, you guys aren't THAT incompetant, and if I see that a monster or trap I've put in completely and utterly annihilates you, then I'm going to bend the rules a little to make up for that.

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, but as I said, you should be in the back, shooting fireworks at people, since you have crappy AC.

Death shouldn't happen often at all. I mean, you guys aren't THAT incompetant, and if I see that a monster or trap I've put in completely and utterly annihilates you, then I'm going to bend the rules a little to make up for that.

True, but there's probaly going to eventually be some sort of map where we're travelling in the alleys of a city, and super zombies pop up behind us.

-Has a great idea for Dungeoneering-

Oh Ross, what time approximately are we starting?

nex, yes. but i thought you meant my D&D charecter, which you hadnt seen. you were basing it off of my charecter, which was uncalled for.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Retech, you realise perma death usually only happens if:

1. You have no idea how to play

2. Are a complete [wagon] monkey towards others

3. Commit suicide.

As you are neither 1 or 2, and won't try 3, your character probably won't die.

Lqt9R.png