Redeem-Code

Power

Also, to those who says "This is unfair because some people can't afford to go!", GET A FREAKING JOB.

Most people who don't live within driving distance (e.g. Australia or U.S.) might be tempted to deposit the multi-thousands of dollars into a savings account instead

However, I personally don't care about a banner (which could very well be a laughingstock to some people)

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as future redeemable items aren't tradeable in-game, and don't offer any kind of gameplay advantage (cosmetic items), I really don't care.

Both of those scenarios seem unlikely, so eh...

the item wont be tradable but nothing is going to stop people selling their code for more than the ticket price.. It happens all the time with blizzard items from blizzcon

That really doesn't bother me at all.

In addition, I could see jagex implementing silly safeguards to prevent stuff like this (purchasing stuff through your account and having the ability to send only to that character), but I don't think it'll be a serious issue.

Yes they could been asking account name through ordering so item would bind to certain account only.

I dont see much difference if someone pays 75gbp for item as they would pay 5gbp for getting skillcape in example...same thing, different price...though this is available limited time but so was p2p xmas reward to get wintumber tree.

I could see the "Redeem code" feature being used later in the future. If Jagex starts selling items in their online store, all the player needs to do is simply activate the code from Diango in Draynor and the player receives the item.

It could be a possibility in my opinion.

Phaper_Plane.png

I could see the "Redeem code" feature being used later in the future. If Jagex starts selling items in their online store, all the player needs to do is simply activate the code from Diango in Draynor and the player receives the item.

So if someone buys a shirt from the store and gets a code, they get it in game? You confuse me.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Although obviously later on I'd prefer to never have micro-transactions, or purchasing items for real-cash, I'd hope that if they did, they resort to linkage between the store and the game-servers allowing for a more automatic option of retrieving items, tied to the account. Having redeem-codes just paves the way for people to purchase a code and sell it on to others.

So if someone buys a shirt from the store and gets a code, they get it in game? You confuse me.

No, they buy in game items from the online store.

Phaper_Plane.png

Guest TrixStar

Whats the big deal...? Its an item that you can't have.

Ever hear of bunny ears/scythe?

One huge difference, you can buy this one. All I have to do is go pay for a RuneFest ticket and they email me the redemption code. I don't even have to go.

Whats the big deal...? Its an item that you can't have.

Ever hear of bunny ears/scythe?

One huge difference, you can buy this one. All I have to do is go pay for a RuneFest ticket and they email me the redemption code. I don't even have to go.

That is your decision. You are buying the ticket for non-intended reasons. It is not Jagex's intention to sell the ticket just so players get an item, it is you players buying the ticket for the item.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

i doubt that this is micro transections, jagex has really been against them.

That explains why they dont use them in war of legends...

..oh wait.

Jagex did not create War of Legends, they are just publishing it for another company. The company probably wanted a micro transaction system.

Also, to those who says "This is unfair because some people can't afford to go!", GET A FREAKING JOB. Its not your finances, its your indolence. If you wanted to go, you would work hard to go. No one is going to hand you a ticket.

OT:

I wonder what the item would be. A cape with a disco fever emote would be BA.

Yes because getting a job v(I currently work 2) is ALL that keeps someone from flying from another country to this.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

i doubt that this is micro transections, jagex has really been against them.

That explains why they dont use them in war of legends...

..oh wait.

Jagex did not create War of Legends, they are just publishing it for another company. The company probably wanted a micro transaction system.

Also, to those who says "This is unfair because some people can't afford to go!", GET A FREAKING JOB. Its not your finances, its your indolence. If you wanted to go, you would work hard to go. No one is going to hand you a ticket.

OT:

I wonder what the item would be. A cape with a disco fever emote would be BA.

Yes because getting a job v(I currently work 2) is ALL that keeps someone from flying from another country to this.

It's over 110+ usd for the ticket to the event alone. Add in the cost of a plane ticket and you have a situation where "get a freaking job" is not an acceptable solution. Far from it.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.