RuneScape Fan Art & Crafts - Sneak Peak

tripsis

I figured that she is about to get pwned. But her facial expression and nudity kinda throws that thought off :unsure: Plus if her enemies is gonna get owned, why is the lasers pointed at her?

Your the artist not me, but here's a suggestion (if you can re-do the lasers):

Make enemies appear from behind her, that way it will go nicely with her facial expression which screams out "Safe".

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that she is about to get pwned. But her facial expression and nudity kinda throws that thought off :unsure: Plus if her enemies is gonna get owned, why is the lasers pointed at her?

Your the artist not me, but here's a suggestion (if you can re-do the lasers):

Make enemies appear from behind her, that way it will go nicely with her facial expression which screams out "Safe".

Well my idea for the picture was a "die with pride," "death is only the beginning" kind of thing. Then when I decided to add the space ship in the background I guess it might have turned into a "hah you think you can pwn me, well now my friends will pwn you" kind of thing.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Well my idea for the picture was a "die with pride," "death is only the beginning" kind of thing. Then when I decided to add the space ship in the background I guess it might have turned into a "hah you think you can pwn me, well now my friends will pwn you" kind of thing.

You could replace background (some of it) with memories of the girls life. Then it would explain why she is smiling.

You could replace background (some of it) with memories of the girls life. Then it would explain why she is smiling.

Hmm I'll see if/how I can work that in :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Also the background history seems like a war. So you could INSTEAD put in a memory which shows the girl and a dead man. The dead man is her love. If you go for this, it's important to highlight blood spots on the mans face and his lifeless facial expression. The girl in the memory should be crying over the man.

This would really look awesome! I wish you good luck <3:

EDIT:

I made a "sketch" of the memory. Don't laugh 1) I am not used to new Paint on Windows 7 and 2) My art level is still at 1.

funnyi.png

I quite like that idea. I also really like your Zammy book and Stelladawn siggy :)

I would say stick to what you had planned. Whenever someone gives me suggestions on how to change a video I'm making when I have the outline for what i want to do, neither I or the person suggesting it are satisfied if I make what the other person said. :P

Some space-ish clothes for her would be nice though. Blue/white perhaps.

Unfinished, yet that picture is still awesome... how do you do it?

Honestly, I was reminded of KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, like when she's about to use her first instance of the X-BUSTER attack - she stands very similar to your drawing in front of a huge fleet of 30,000+ Gnosis Ships, which is why your picture reminded me of that one occurence. I'd personally like to see you stylize her around that sort of half-naked anime-esque android-human armour? That would look hot <3:

[hide=Pic for reference]2D_KOS-MOS_2.jpg[/hide]

It's just an idea though ^3^

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Also the background history seems like a war. So you could INSTEAD put in a memory which shows the girl and a dead man. The dead man is her love. If you go for this, it's important to highlight blood spots on the mans face and his lifeless facial expression. The girl in the memory should be crying over the man.

This would really look awesome! I wish you good luck <3:

EDIT:

I made a "sketch" of the memory. Don't laugh 1) I am not used to new Paint on Windows 7 and 2) My art level is still at 1.

funnyi.png

I think I might try to incorporate your idea into another picture since it's venturing so far from my original plan :) A few weeks ago I had been trying to come up with a "lost love" picture but was unsuccessful. But you've given me a good context for it so I think I'll definitely work on something like this next :)

I quite like that idea. I also really like your Zammy book and Stelladawn siggy :)

Thanks a lot :)

I would say stick to what you had planned. Whenever someone gives me suggestions on how to change a video I'm making when I have the outline for what i want to do, neither I or the person suggesting it are satisfied if I make what the other person said. :P

Some space-ish clothes for her would be nice though. Blue/white perhaps.

Yeah I think I will continue with what I have now on this picture and maybe incorporate his idea into a future one :) Win-win!

I think the female clothes in the Mass effect games would look good for the picture.

*Googles this* I think that is pretty close to what I had in mind :) So thanks - those will make for some good reference pictures!

Unfinished, yet that picture is still awesome... how do you do it?

Honestly, I was reminded of KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, like when she's about to use her first instance of the X-BUSTER attack - she stands very similar to your drawing in front of a huge fleet of 30,000+ Gnosis Ships, which is why your picture reminded me of that one occurence. I'd personally like to see you stylize her around that sort of half-naked anime-esque android-human armour? That would look hot <3:

[hide=Pic for reference]2D_KOS-MOS_2.jpg[/hide]

It's just an idea though ^3^

Ohh thanks for the idea! :) I was definitely thinking of going for something sexy but "android-human" as you put it. Something that makes her look hot but also suggests that this is a machine/technology war.

Posted Image

I'm sorry if you've already seen this/entered, but maybe you should submit either of your MechScape artworks to ?84,85,140,81243]this competition? With a picture like the space one, you're probably sure to win! ;3

I actually did enter :) I'm trying not to get my hopes up though - the competition looks pretty tough! I've seen some of the other artists' work.

dayum... nuff said ;)

:mrgreen:

Posted Image

You definitely have the potential and eye for it, my wacom tablet collects dust these days, composition wise I had that but applying colour tone and texture it all looked the same like it was a bronze sculpture :P good luck with the competition!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha, wow! I knew you would win! Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your time in Stellar Dawn ;3

Thank you! :mrgreen: And I'm sure I will!

I might actually draw some RuneScape art for the month of December. I feel like drawing polar bears!! So I might draw an Acheron scene which would be a lot of fun since I could completely use my imagination :)

Posted Image

Did you use step by step tutorials to learn how to draw different parts of a face Trip? I am thinking about trying to improve my drawing skills.

Not really. I have read a lot of tutorials but honestly I don't follow the guidelines I probably should for drawing human anatomy. For example, most people suggest laying down a grid so everything is where it should be (eyes are exactly in the middle of the head, etc). I just kind of go for it. For me, I improve through constant years of practice rather than abiding by guidelines like that. However, you may find that guidelines help you. Someone I watch on deviantART actually just submitted a portrait tutorial. It's for colouring as well as lineart. If you're interested, I'll link it to you later :) (I'm on my phone right now).

But for me, I just spend a lot of time observing the real world and photos and practice practice practice. I used to suck at drawing eyes but then I literally drew them every day in my first year of high school (not following any specific tutorials) and by the end of the year I was pretty good :)

Posted Image

Did you use step by step tutorials to learn how to draw different parts of a face Trip? I am thinking about trying to improve my drawing skills.

Not really. I have read a lot of tutorials but honestly I don't follow the guidelines I probably should for drawing human anatomy. For example, most people suggest laying down a grid so everything is where it should be (eyes are exactly in the middle of the head, etc). I just kind of go for it. For me, I improve through constant years of practice rather than abiding by guidelines like that. However, you may find that guidelines help you. Someone I watch on deviantART actually just submitted a portrait tutorial. It's for colouring as well as lineart. If you're interested, I'll link it to you later :) (I'm on my phone right now).

But for me, I just spend a lot of time observing the real world and photos and practice practice practice. I used to suck at drawing eyes but then I literally drew them every day in my first year of high school (not following any specific tutorials) and by the end of the year I was pretty good :)

I'd like to have a look at that potrait tutorial, though i am unsure what potrait means. I am guessing drawing of face only?

Yes a portrait is a human usually from the shoulders up. I also know of a few other great tutorials about human anatomy in general - for both males and females.

Posted Image

Yes a portrait is a human usually from the shoulders up. I also know of a few other great tutorials about human anatomy in general - for both males and females.

That sounds nice. My vision is to try to make drawings of Knights/Warrior's with swords. That kind of stuff.

I have a idea for a drawing. Basically a character named "Rain", who's has the bloood of a elf and human race. He will be sitting on back of his White wolf (Rare breed wolf, very big).

His hair will be black and long (human trait), and his eyes hyptonizing light blue.

IDEA STORY OF RAIN:

Wolfs are followers of Seren the godess

Rain saved his friend (the wolf) a when he was a kid. His wolf is a rare breed, and when Rain was a kid, he came across the wolf. The rare breed wolf (which was a puppy), was about to get victim of a pack of regular wolfs. Rain attempts to save the puppy wolf, and his mother (Elf) comes to aid Rain, and the puppy is saved.

Rain's father dies of disease, while his mother is murdered by Saradomnists followers from Falador. His mother is great at shaping crystals (elf singing, crystal bow). Anyhow they kill her and steal crystals.

Man i babble alot. Anyhow i hope to MAYBE draw Rain and his wolf. And send it to Jagex :thumbup:

Sounds like a great concept :) With enough practice I'm sure you will be able to convey it well! It's also great to have a story behind your work, which you're starting to do :) It gives your art more meaning and narrative.

Posted Image

Sounds like a great concept :) With enough practice I'm sure you will be able to convey it well! It's also great to have a story behind your work, which you're starting to do :) It gives your art more meaning and narrative.

Ok, any links? I am thinking of drawing the character from the side as he is riding his wolf. And i hope to show his back (with his sword).

The hard part to make this concept is what to search for on google. I don't know the type of words for X way of drawing stuff.

Ooo i found it! The way i will be drawing the face is called profile or side view. lol.