RuneScape Fan Art & Crafts - Sneak Peak

tripsis

Mmm, i kinda forgot about this forum, lol. nice to see new work from you tripsis. Open up a shop in the gallery and you'll truly be pro <3:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the runecrafting one. You should have finished it. :P

Maybe I will eventually :lol:

Mmm, i kinda forgot about this forum, lol. nice to see new work from you tripsis. Open up a shop in the gallery and you'll truly be pro <3:

I don't have time for a shop :P Each picture takes about 15 hours - sometimes more. On top of personal work, school and Tip.it, I don't have time to do requests! And I don't want to get peoples' hopes up and then let them down by not being able to finish D:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Wow! The K'ril one is awesome - I can't wait to see it when it's finished ;)

So, how long does it take you, on average, to create these masterpieces?

15 hours on average - sometimes up to 20 :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

• 2 weeks later...

Stellar Dawn anyone? :P

stellardawn4.jpg

That's at 12.5% zoom o_O Talk about a massive document.

Posted Image

Congrats on becoming a soon to be Stellar Dawn competition winner. :P It's really a stunning image, especially the detailed textures on the planets.

Do you think you could post the full size? I'd love to be able to use it as my desktop background if it's ok with you.

Congrats on becoming a soon to be Stellar Dawn competition winner. :P It's really a stunning image, especially the detailed textures on the planets.

Do you think you could post the full size? I'd love to be able to use it as my desktop background if it's ok with you.

Thanks so much! :) :) I would love to win but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, hehe.

Here is the image at half size. Full size is seriously maaaaassive. I think this should suffice for wallpaper size but if you need it even larger for some reason, let me know :)

http://www.aevansarts.com/AcrossSpaceHalfSize.jpg

Posted Image

Page not found. :(

Love it though, looks really cool.

I deleted it :oops:

Posted Image

I think I should get some appreciation, too, since it's me in the gallery :P

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Magnificent is the only word I can think of for the Stellar Dawn picture. The colours and... everything are just so vibrant and beautiful. Keep up the awesome work! ^_^

Thank you so much! :)

Grats on getting into the Halloween Gallery! |^_^|

Thank you!! I saw that I had made it in when the gallery was posted (but not announced) on Friday but I didn't want to say anything until the news post came out, hehe :D

I'm back with more congratulations - congrats on being in the Players Gallery again! ^_^

Thanks so much!! :)

I think I should get some appreciation, too, since it's me in the gallery :P

Haha yeah had it not been for you, I wouldn't have made it in! ;) So thank you!

-----------

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be making more RuneScape art for a while. Maybe I will try to get something done for the Christmas gallery, but nothing until then. I'm really busy with school right now so it's hard to find the time! When I do have spare time I usually spend it doing quick, ~5 hour PhotoShop projects (instead of 15 hour!), watching movies or other things :) That Stellar Dawn picture has gotten me pretty addicted to space art!

Posted Image

It's a nice picture Trip, but you should aim for more Runescape related character next time. It looks more like a late Wild west than Runescape. :oops: It's really disappointing to see pictures that don't resemblance Runescape stuff, yet it gets into gallery because it's good art.

It's a nice picture Trip, but you should aim for more Runescape related character next time. It looks more like a late Wild west than Runescape. :oops: It's really disappointing to see pictures that don't resemblance Runescape stuff, yet it gets into gallery because it's good art.

I appreciate your thoughts :) Personally, I find it difficult to draw detailed RuneScape fan art without taking a lot of creative liberties. The clothing, monsters, etc. in RuneScape (less so with the recent update, perhaps) are all very simplified and if you draw them exactly as is, I don't find that they look very good in detailed art. The clothing in that particular picture was (loosely) based on some in-game items, but the picture was a request from a friend *points above* so I drew it according to how he imagines his character to look in RuneScape :) He wanted it based on the following outfit but made a few personal modifications and wanted all the colours brown:

100829080609y.png

The blade is Keris:

Keris_Detail.PNG

And the medallion on his hat is also based on RuneScape, although perhaps nothing like it exists in-game (idk):

medallion.png

Then there's the vyrewatch:

Vyrewatch_-2-.gif

Of course a lot of liberties were taken there because look how simplified that is :P

Anyway I do see where you're coming from :) It certainly isn't line for line and colour for colour something that you would find in-game.

Posted Image

That was hard to see Trips! I was blind, but now i can see! Good job hun :thumbup:

Good art - check (Jagex did it)

Runescape related art - Check (SirHemen demands it!)

Hehe thanks :)

Yeah, you can see a vyrewatch in the background as well.

Oh and congrats on getting face time in the Gallery, Bari. ;)

Sneaksy little buggers, those vyrewatches!

I didn't notice you had made a Stellar Dawn picture. Looks great :shades:

Thanks a lot! :) I'm kind of working on another picture... I don't know if it's Stellar Dawn related or not.. haha. I guess initially it was inspired by Stellar Dawn because I'm not normally into sci-fi. Well I like it but sci-fi usually includes things like ships, machinery, guns, etc. which I am SO not experienced with drawing/designing :oops: But that first Stellar Dawn picture got me kind of into it and I suddenly had an idea that I thought was cool. So I guess it's not really based on Stellar Dawn but kind of inspired by it. Here's what I have so far:

anewdawn1.jpg

Don't mind the.. er.. nakedness.. I haven't decided what she should be wearing yet :XD: (suggestions are welcome)

Posted Image

She should wear a school girl outfitt :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Joke lol. Um a sci-fi gear like ones Star Wars females use? Some sci-fi clothing looking id say. The colour of clothes should be a mix of blue colour (like one in forums here), purple and black.

But i don't get why she has lasers on her body? What's up with that Trip?

P.S I am not a Star wars fan, i just mentioned it as a example lol.

Thanks for the clothing suggestions! :) The lasers are on guns so she's about to get pwned! ...or maybe the ship in the background has big guns and is going to pwn the people who are about to pwn her!

Posted Image