RuneScape Fan Art & Crafts - Sneak Peak

tripsis

Well... When the RuneFest art contest or w/e was announced, I didn't see the news post since I'm not playing RuneScape right now. The following week I was away for two weeks. Then, today, I stumbled across it ~4.5 hours before the deadline. DAMN! Despite the extreme lack of time, I decided to try to throw a picture together anyway. Keep in mind that I like to spend ~15 hours on my drawings and I had to do this one in like 4.5 :( :( I'm displeased with it on so many levels but at least I tried.. I'm so bummed that I didn't find out about this sooner.. even if just last night.

runefest4.jpg

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something a little better :P I was actually able to spend ~15 hours on this one! I had a lot of fun making it :) It's called Vengeance:

vengeance7.jpg

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

I really really like her face in your latest one! Gives a very dark feeling with the vengeance skull. :thumbup:

I'm glad you like it! :)

Woww! They looks awesome!

Good work :thumbup:

Totally got a Pochahontas Vibe from the RF one O_o

Haha I see what you mean about the Pocahontas vibe. I didn't notice that before.

That skull really creeps me out. Love the picture though. :thumbsup:

It's meant to be creepy! Vengeance isn't pretty! :lol:

Now that's how dragon claws should look like!

Haha tell that to Jagex! The ones in-game make no sense to me. I totally didn't understand how they actually fit on/over a hand!

I think you made it into the canvas wall at Jagex HQ according to Jagex's Facebook!

Cooonngrraattulaaaationss if you did! <3:

:o It looks like you're right! Thanks so much! :thumbsup: I'm bummed that I won't be able to see it displayed at RuneFest though. I was almost going to go but then I was unable to, as I had to be home while some family from out of state was visiting. Darn! It's a great honour to have my artwork on the wall anyway!

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Added two new digital paintings :) The second one was a request from Barihawk.

lastshadow7.jpg

fromdarkness.jpg

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Those are outstanding. You are good. Do more! :D

Thank you! :mrgreen: I currently have a sketch of a portrait of Zamorak waiting to be completed... hopefully soon lol.

Looking good =D>

I request a dungeoneering themed painting; possibly a warrior fighting a boss :idea:

Thank you! I actually have a few ideas bouncing around. I've never done dungeoneering though so I may have to do some research first haha.

Woah, gilded armor. O.O

And that one for Barihawk is awesome. |^_^|

Thank you!!

How did u do thedragon claws girl with vengeance? It looks amazing? Perhaps

Make some tutorials to help us?

Also what programe?

All of my artwork is done with PhotoShop CS5 and a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet :) I do have some work-in-progress screenshots if you're interested. Although it's not exactly a tutorial, it does show you the steps going from a sketch to the final product. If you'd still like a tutorial after viewing these, I'll see what I can do :)

[hide=Vengeance WIP Screenshots]vengeance1.jpg

vengeance2q.jpg

vengeance3.jpg

vengeance4.jpg

vengeance5.jpg

vengeance6.jpg

vengeance7.jpg[/hide]

I have WIP screenshots for *most* of my work.

Posted Image

Those are outstanding. You are good. Do more! :D

Thank you! :mrgreen: I currently have a sketch of a portrait of Zamorak waiting to be completed... hopefully soon lol.

Looking good =D>

I request a dungeoneering themed painting; possibly a warrior fighting a boss :idea:

Thank you! I actually have a few ideas bouncing around. I've never done dungeoneering though so I may have to do some research first haha.

Woah, gilded armor. O.O

And that one for Barihawk is awesome. |^_^|

Thank you!!

How did u do thedragon claws girl with vengeance? It looks amazing? Perhaps

Make some tutorials to help us?

Also what programe?

All of my artwork is done with PhotoShop CS5 and a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet :) I do have some work-in-progress screenshots if you're interested. Although it's not exactly a tutorial, it does show you the steps going from a sketch to the final product. If you'd still like a tutorial after viewing these, I'll see what I can do :)

[hide=Vengeance WIP Screenshots]vengeance1.jpg

vengeance2q.jpg

vengeance3.jpg

vengeance4.jpg

vengeance5.jpg

vengeance6.jpg

vengeance7.jpg[/hide]

I have WIP screenshots for *most* of my work.

Cool but I don't have a tablet so it's impossible for me to do stuff that good :(

Braggouk.png

Cool but I don't have a tablet so it's impossible for me to do stuff that good :(

It's not impossible :) I used to do all my work with a mouse. It is a pain and can make the process longer, but it is still possible!

Posted Image

Finally a blonde woman. Are you sending any of these in to Jagex for the players gallery?

Yeah I've sent my last three pictures in :P

Posted Image

Wow... the Gilded Armour picture is fantastic O_O

Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

Posted Image

Nice to see all of your Drawings & your Zammy (boooo) Book. How long did it take to do all of the drawings? Are you going to make a Guthinx & Saradomin (yay) Books sometime? What drawings are you working on now? :shades: :thumbup:

Whatpulse team

My Youtube name is: birdman258

266ga.pngpikapopfg7.gif

My Mining Goal- Mining Rune Essence till level 99 8-) :^_^: :thumbsup: :wink:

mineruneessence6ku.jpg

Nice to see all of your Drawings & your Zammy (boooo) Book. How long did it take to do all of the drawings? Are you going to make a Guthinx & Saradomin (yay) Books sometime? What drawings are you working on now? :shades: :thumbup:

Each drawing typically takes around 15 hours :) I do hope to make Guthix and Saradomin books at some point, but I'm not sure when. I have to be home (not at uni) in order to do it and they take a very long time.

Right now I have a few sketches sitting on my computer, as well as a few ideas bouncing around my head! One of the sketches I have on my computer is of a warrior challenging K'ril Tsutsaroth! :)

Posted Image

Work in Progress Screenshots for them? <3:

[hide=WIP Sketches]Rough conceptual sketch:

dancewithdeath1.jpg

Meh :P

zamorakportrait.jpg

This is a runecrafting sketch from about a year ago (not even joking lol):

runecrafting1.jpg[/hide]

This weekend, however, I'm going to start working on a brand new picture ;) Then hopefully I'll get the K'ril Tsutaroth picture done, but the other one needs to take priority.

Posted Image