RuneScape Fan Art & Crafts - Sneak Peak

tripsis

Human Tutorials

Wolf Tutorials

• Tutorials - This collection of wolf tutorials may help you with the idea you described above :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so i want to try to get my art to Runescape player gallery. Here is what i thought:

First i thought Rain riding his wolf. But then i thought that would be to hard. I am not that skilled at all. Next thing i thought of is drawing a wolf, which could be A) Rain in wolf form (New idea for my story!) B) Rain's pet/friend. And at last i thought why not try to draw Rain portrait, because that would be easier than drawing a wolf.

The portrait drawing of Rain has a back story. Rain's face will be painted with the symbol of the godess Seren:

28px-Seren_symbol.svg.png

Seren_Symbol.png

Then i thought i need to show his shoulders, and thought "Why not a armor of Crystal". A full plate crystal armor is hard to make.

Anyhow Elfs or humans with face painting of Seren's symbol is a warrior who fights and follows Seren orders. Rain (the character) is person who makes this group.

I will look into the links and work on em:)

P.S I am gonna use the drawing style of Manga/Anime. It looks cooler.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to get you guys excited, I have drawn a picture for the RuneScape Gods Exposed Poster Competition :) I'm looking it over now and I think it's done! I'm pretty excited about it. I spent like 20 hours on it or more. There are a few things I should probably fix but honestly I don't think I can be bothered to :ohnoes: If any artists are reading this, I'm sure you can relate when I say I just want to be done with it, even if it's not perfect XD

Anyway I don't think I'll post the picture until the deadline (19 December) but if I'm feeling generous maybe I'll post a teeny tiny preview at some point.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

How big would runes be? :P

Hmm I think I imagine them being like half the size of your palm? Or like the size of a silver dollar coin. But I guess it's up to you! :lol:

A preview would be great!

Alrighty! This is like.. not even a preview. More like a teaser. I cut out a tiny square of part of the final image :P

rsgodsexposedteaser.jpg

Posted Image

I thought Peter didn't show RL pics? O:)

Nah, looks good, and definitely peaked my interest. :)

Anyway, forgot to thank you for the tutorial links you posted earlier. Loved them!!!

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I thought Peter didn't show RL pics? O:)

How dare you!! :P

Anyway, forgot to thank you for the tutorial links you posted earlier. Loved them!!!

I'm glad you liked them! :)

------------

Well this is far from obvious RuneScape fan art but it's my Acheron concept art (so it's more of a sketch than a refined painting). Plus I wanted to draw polar bears.. who doesn't love polar bears?? They're epic cuddly.

acheron.jpg

Posted Image

Nice sketch Trip. And as cuddly Polar bears are, they don¨t have same appearance as a teddy bear :P :P So you need to work on that. I am working on drawing wolfs, but i have no progress at all as of now. Tutorials dont seem to help me much, becausei am not looking for a picture, but guidelines or should i say proportions to make the different aspects of the drawing in right place.

I read somewhere that best way to get better is drawing from reality, so i googled Wolfs and tried to draw from one of the pictures. But as i started to draw the ears of the wolf, i found that i didn¨t know when to stop drawing. I have been thinking of going to library and finding books, that may have the help i need.

I remember that when i was in kindergarden kinda of think, that other kids put some transparent paper over a book or whatever they wanted to "copy draw". Is this a good way for me to practise on drawing wolfs?

What do you think?

Looks so christmasy. What happened to the monkey from the preview picture?

I haven't posted that picture yet :) I'll post it closer to or after the contest deadline.

Very nice stuff, and if you really want to go into detail, I found this tutorial useful:

http://www.furiae.com/index.php?view=gallery

Thanks :) I actually have stumbled upon that site before. She does fabulous work.

Nice sketch Trip. And as cuddly Polar bears are, they don¨t have same appearance as a teddy bear :P :P So you need to work on that. I am working on drawing wolfs, but i have no progress at all as of now. Tutorials dont seem to help me much, becausei am not looking for a picture, but guidelines or should i say proportions to make the different aspects of the drawing in right place.

I read somewhere that best way to get better is drawing from reality, so i googled Wolfs and tried to draw from one of the pictures. But as i started to draw the ears of the wolf, i found that i didn¨t know when to stop drawing. I have been thinking of going to library and finding books, that may have the help i need.

I remember that when i was in kindergarden kinda of think, that other kids put some transparent paper over a book or whatever they wanted to "copy draw". Is this a good way for me to practise on drawing wolfs?

What do you think?

But but but.. I like cuddly!

Tutorials can definitely be helpful but they can only give you knowledge, not necessarily the ability to transfer that knowledge to a drawing immediately. In order to do that you have to just practice a lot (and unfortunately you have to be quite bad before you can get better).

Tracing can be helpful when you're just starting out, but it's important to not get too dependent on it. Only use it to practice and help you get a sense of shapes. Maybe try tracing a few times, then try drawing the picture just by looking at it (without tracing). And as I said, don't let it become a crutch. It should just be a temporary learning tool.

Nice one. |^_^|

Cheers :)

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Looked through the whole thead and visited your Deviantart

i am stunned by the sheer detail you put into your drawings :D

Thanks so much :)

--------

Here was my RuneScape Gods Exposed poster:

runescape_gods_exposed_by_cazzyae-d3551bq.png

Posted Image

No Zaros!? I demand a picture of the greatest god in Gielinor!

But it's a nice depiction of that pathetic fool Zamorak, I'll grant you that :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Some of you guys may remember this picture I started working on:

Thanks a lot! :) I'm kind of working on another picture... I don't know if it's Stellar Dawn related or not.. haha. I guess initially it was inspired by Stellar Dawn because I'm not normally into sci-fi. Well I like it but sci-fi usually includes things like ships, machinery, guns, etc. which I am SO not experienced with drawing/designing :oops: But that first Stellar Dawn picture got me kind of into it and I suddenly had an idea that I thought was cool. So I guess it's not really based on Stellar Dawn but kind of inspired by it. Here's what I have so far:

anewdawn1.jpg

Don't mind the.. er.. nakedness.. I haven't decided what she should be wearing yet :XD: (suggestions are welcome)

Two months later and I'm finally done! Took long enough huh? :P I stopped working on it because I couldn't get the ship looking right and I was having major artist's block with the armour design. Finally, I got some motivation to work on it. I got an assignment for my Computer Art class where we have to submit a series of 10 screenshots. I figured a great way to go about this assignment would be to document the process through which I create a digital painting.. and what better painting to document than one that I never finished but loved the idea of?? So I finally got to work and here's the result :)

anewdawn9.jpg

Looking at the overall image, I wanted to create like a silent moment in the midst of chaos. Kind of a "death is only the beginning" idea combined with the acceptance of what is coming, but also a refusal to surrender. Just imagine her saying something like "Do it, I dare you" :D

As for the ship.. it bloody sucks and I know that but despite hours of screaming and raging, I still couldn't get it to work. I didn't want it too detailed because it is in the background and I didn't want to distract from the main subject.. but.. ugh. Basically I slapped something crappy together and rage quit. Right now I really feel like its poor quality detracts from the overall picture, but that's life I suppose. I didn't want to cut it out all together because I felt that would unbalance the picture.. Meh. So for now it sucks but hopefully one day I'll be hit with a stroke of talent and be able to fix it.

Anyway I hope you guys like the final product as much as I do!

Posted Image