XBox 360:Xbox Live Vs Runescape: Membership ||||UPDATES

MadMax

non of them...

x box is to mutch i can better buy nice pc games (like age of empires 3 :P)

i like runescape member but i dont want it (going for the first one with 99 prayer f2p)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runescape obviously. I'd rather spend about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.00 per month playong a decent online RPG than splashing out ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 on a crap console that is the same as the original Xbox which was poor anyway, but with better graphics.

I completely agree with all your points (although I won't be canceling my membership :P) I wholeheartedly disagree with your last one (the "Battle Update").

JAGeX has no chance in hell to EVER try to compare itself to a monstrous game console release such as the Xbox 360. For them to make an update that would counter the launch is ignorant and above all, arrogant. SO MUCh money will be spent and generated by the Xbox 360, it's launch, and it's reign in the upcoming months that to even imagine that JAGeX would vie for it's audience is simply idiotic.

RuneScape is an online kiddy game (at least it seems that way). A game console encompasses such a huge demographic that JAGeX is a joke compared to the Xbox 360, and not to mention Microsoft itself.

So in conclusion, I don't think they'll make a massive update to try to keep their customer's focus on their game. They'll keep making mediocre updates (Darklight sword, anyone? Sure the special LOOKS cool but it's so completely useless) and keep their loyal fanbase, but they will never even steal .0000001% of the market that the Xbox 360 will obtain.

wow.. anyone who hates xbox can just kill themselves now... u are all lemme say here.. F4gs? Little british losers who dont like xbox cuz they like to plaY runeeeescape the 2bit graphic game that has no meaning ...

AS FOR MYSELF!!! HALO 2 FOR LIVE POWNS U!

36 slayer

34 double

33 big team

31 skirmish

27 rumble

26 pit

24 hardcore

may i remind you that britain isnt the country everyone hates nowadays - america is :evil:

One of the major reason I bought a computer in the first place, was to play games. And the best part about computer games. Most of them are playable over the internet.

I have owned many different game systems over the years. And it never fails, after a few months of playing any game I get bored of the same thing over and over.

I like D&D type games, More commonly known as MMORPG's. I also like FPS games, my fav is UT series. Now because of the games that I like to play, I will always chose the computer games over the X-box type games.

The question is, Are you going to get your $50 out of the X-box membership? Or after a few months, will you come back and start playing computer games again?

I have a PS2 myself. I can play all the online games over my regular internet, so it is no big deal to me.

1) U can't compare runescape with xbox360 cuz xbox sucks....why pay like $500 to play only 1 good game ( Halo... not good but their best game lol ) when u can play runescape or even counterstrike in pc?

2)why not compare ps3 with x360? cuz x360 is no match to for the ps3.. this will b the last console made by Microsoft, Sony will rule consoles and Nintendo will rule Handheld consoles. happy?

i am :D

btw need some proof?

http://www.gametrailers.com go there and get killzone 2 video and u will crap ur pants lol :D

Guest r3dh3adkid

I've heard if you buy the expensive set that is backwards compatable you get Xbox Live for free....so if I still played runescape i'd invest my 5 dollars on P2P but I dont...so yea.

wow.. anyone who hates xbox can just kill themselves now... u are all lemme say here.. F4gs? Little british losers who dont like xbox cuz they like to plaY runeeeescape the 2bit graphic game that has no meaning ...

AS FOR MYSELF!!! HALO 2 FOR LIVE POWNS U!

36 slayer

34 double

33 big team

31 skirmish

27 rumble

26 pit

24 hardcore

may i remind you that britain isnt the country everyone hates nowadays - america is :evil:

I'm guessing America is hated because of stupid people like him. I actually never recall Britain ever being hated exept back in the 1770s.

Btw sleets, you spelled pwns incorrectly...

Runescape obviously. I'd rather spend about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.00 per month playong a decent online RPG than splashing out ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 on a crap console that is the same as the original Xbox which was poor anyway, but with better graphics.

I don't get it. You should take a good long look at RS before you call the Xbox crap. Now I know most of you are about to attack me so let me clear this up. I'm not attacking RS's graphics at all which you probably think I am. I don't have a $3000 pc either and I appreciate Jagex for offering me a game that doesn't require one. If you look at the game though, you can see that it is clearly average in every possible way. The only thing that sets it above most others is its ability to addict you like no other.

XBL, on the other hand, is offering something new and unique. I don't love my Xbox because of its power, I love it because of the community(Halo 2 aside) it has established. That's why I'm planning to get a 360, because it is expanding on what I love the most, the community. I love jumping in to a game online and just screwing around and talking to people rather than playing the game. I have met so many intresting people from all over the world that I would have never met without XBL. And now, with the 360, we are going to see even more of that.

You can:

-Upload photos, music, videos and so on and share them with your friends.

-Send invites to your XBL friends while you are watching the movie to watch it with you over XBL.

-Video chat(Which could be potentially dangerous)

-Staking REAL money in some online matches.

-Marketplace that I don't know much about but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

-Play Games Online(I know what you're thinking. No freaking way!)

Now let's see what RS offers:

-1 average online game

It is pretty clear that the 360 will offer more "bang for your buck"

2. Graphics

.... DUHHHHHHH lol

*sigh*

Just a warning though: If you plan on playing Halo 2 on XBL, make sure you stop yourself at all costs. Halo 2 always seems to bring out the worst in people.

I'm tired of typing for now.

-Papickett

AniRyu.gif

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)

Runescape and Xbox both killed my grades lol. I play halo 2 any chance I can (sometimes I can be quite good) on Xbox live. Currently, my grades have been dropping so I lost my box :cry: now I can only play this game, and boy, is this game fun. Xbox is a console, Runescape is a game within a computer. Choose wisely, but remember, you can always take your 360 back to yourself and get your money back lol.

Sunryse.png

M$ spends more money on da Xbox than there are gp in RS so how for gods sake could RS market compare to Xbox market? Its simply not possible even though RS pewns Xbox rear outta da toilet in every way I can think of (no1 say "u dont seem to be able 2 think 2 much", got that?)...

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

PS2 RULES :D

jk :lol:

but seriously PS2 Games much better than XBox games or GameCube games.. and even there is many many games on ps2..

but still xbox is better than gamecube.. :D

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

as long as a game as a certain standard of graphics, they dont really determine my decision. rs is alot cheaper and, in my opinion, lasts longer becasue the x-box 360 wil be replaced by something else just like the original xb has been today with the 360's release

Well I'm getting World of Warcraft for Christmas...

I am gonna get flamed...

Well I reckon I'm gonna cancel my supscription to RS for a few months, then get back in.

About the Xbox 360, I might get one maybe next year, or I'll buy it for Halo 3 :)

as long as a game as a certain standard of graphics, they dont really determine my decision. rs is alot cheaper and, in my opinion, lasts longer becasue the x-box 360 wil be replaced by something else just like the original xb has been today with the 360's release

First of all, XBL is cheaper ($50 a year as opposed to $60 a year for RS). If you are comparing the system itself to RS, that's a little unfair. That computer you are playing it on probably wasn't free now was it? Secondly, of course it will be replaced. Everything has to be replaced sometime as technology progresses. All systems will be replaced (ex. PS3, Revolution). Even your computer is replaced every once in a while.

PS2 RULES :D

jk :lol:

but seriously PS2 Games much better than XBox games or GameCube games.. and even there is many many games on ps2..

but still xbox is better than gamecube.. :D

And the award for the most idiotic, close-minded statement of the day goes to you!

*gives a cookie*

Thread creator, I have advice for you: the next time you want advice about picking one thing or another, don't go to a forum that is totally biased towards one thing for an answer (ex. going to an Xbox forum and asking whether you should buy a PS2 or an Xbox).

*walks away*

-Papickett

AniRyu.gif

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)