Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about styles used in fights

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Janek19
[ Display Name History ]

Janek19

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:iTz J a n ek
  • Clan:Divine Kings
What styles does you clan normally fight with?

All styles

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)?

We alway fight all styles

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)?

No your %100 right.I hate it then clans/teams ask DK for melee+binds fights...
For one it's so god damn boring and 2nd tanking is too easy...
Posted Image

Makaaveli
[ Display Name History ]

Makaaveli

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • RSN:Makaaveli

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? No I agree, I've always taken the "standard official rules" as melee+binds for any important fight when in fact, it means there is less about organization and more about luck and levels. Then again, in small fights like a 20v20 melee+binds it also highlights the indavidual skill every member needs to out tank, out bind, out snipe, call decent piles etc. So Melee+Binds will stay the norm for important wars for quite a while because of its basis around personal skill although there is some sort of element of luck involved which would never go away no matter what styles you have.

With all styles though, not necassarily based on organization, as sometimes the clan with with more binders, or a bigger ranger unit/blast unit has the advantage. Atleast in melee/binds wars, both clans would be on the same level. But, i agree that a DC in a melee/binds is hard to recover from than in an All styles war.

Blasphemy
“We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.” ~ Blasphemien Way

Posted Image

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

Billy Key
[ Display Name History ]

Billy Key

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sick Steen
  • RSN2:Steeny Weeny
  • Clan:The Blacknights

Melee + binds + range but we're best at melee + binds.

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)?

I personally wouldn't have anything apart from melee + binds and i would even make small boundaries and just have melee (west rocks to west tree is the only time I've done that and it was good fun although i was piled first...) but I know that my clan is willing to do fights with all styles

Well I don't see why what Jagex and their cup was doing would have any sort of effect on tipit. I also think that some clans simply prefer melee + binds as opposed to being afraid to move on to all styles, it has a lot more seperate factors than when you involve blasts and range.

If all styles did become the norm I know I would enjoy it much less... The way I see it, all styles is for those who can be bothered to have to prayer switch constantly and all that, having one style attacking you and then binds makes it a lot more accessible for someone like me who frankly isn't interested enough to make the extra effort that all styles involves, it means a lot more clicking.
Do you want to love me?

Superhero
[ Display Name History ]

Superhero

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 111 posts
  • RSN:Superhero
  • Clan:Collision

Melee/Binds. Lately though, more and more Melee/Binds/Range

If it's necessary.

First: You weren't out of line.

Second: Not every fight is going to be the style we would like, so it's important to have fights of varying styles. If a clan can do any of the styles, but prefer some over the other, so be it. Just be prepared for anything, imo. :thumbup:

Posted Image
Member of: Collision
Leader of: The Moriquendi
Former Legionnaire of: Legends Never Die
Check out my Tip.It Profile and leave a comment!!

bkj
[ Display Name History ]

bkj

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • RSN:Or Else
  • RSN2:Bow King Joe
  • Clan:Titans_Revolution
My clan tbh has quite a few all-styles fights. Adds a lot more excitement and fun to wars.

I love a all styles fight.

Nope, there's no way you could've been out of line :)
Posted Image
Proud Titans Revolution Council Member

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? No I agree, I've always taken the "standard official rules" as melee+binds for any important fight when in fact, it means there is less about organization and more about luck and levels. Then again, in small fights like a 20v20 melee+binds it also highlights the indavidual skill every member needs to out tank, out bind, out snipe, call decent piles etc. So Melee+Binds will stay the norm for important wars for quite a while because of its basis around personal skill although there is some sort of element of luck involved which would never go away no matter what styles you have.

With all styles though, not necassarily based on organization, as sometimes the clan with with more binders, or a bigger ranger unit/blast unit has the advantage. Atleast in melee/binds wars, both clans would be on the same level. But, i agree that a DC in a melee/binds is hard to recover from than in an All styles war.

So, you're saying that melee+binds puts clans more on the same level... This is true, but only for levels...

There are many other aspects of warring, like knowing what to tank against (suddenly a lot harder when you gotta take rangers and mages into account), playing your team's strengths against your enemies weaknesses (follow the cmb triangle perhaps?), and lets not forget the preparation in advance (do i bring melee and a sighted longbow? do I mage/range hybrid? do I bind or do I just shoot over the walls with blasts and arrows?)

Suddenly, in all styles, the TRUE skill of warring comes into play, where you can't run the program of running behind walls and jumping on whoever's the target atm. No, now you might have to alter your tactics mid-fight...

So...

I like it... And no, I applaud your stance on wanting all-styles to become the norm... Finally someone else who thinks that melee/binds is a ridiculous practise...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Adr1an
[ Display Name History ]

Adr1an

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 470 posts
I am actually surprised and excited that so many people seem to at least have an open mind about adding more styles to fights. Like I have stated it really was through our journey through TWR last time that helped us learn how to fight with them. It really does add extra cogs into warring that can make it that much more exciting.

Maybe as a whole we can slowly try to put more styles into fights. If everybody is trying to do it then everybody is learning together.

Posted Image

Soad92
[ Display Name History ]

Soad92

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 19 posts
  • RSN:o JRad o
  • Clan:THE
THE Clan - We are trying to do more all-styles fights.
Makes things more interesting.

Devalice :

Oi. Soad's a sexy man-beast. I'd destroy that. Violently. Thrice.

Proud Guardian Knight of 'THE' Clan

http://www.forums.theclanrs.com

Posted Image

Jack
[ Display Name History ]

Jack

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 1,914 posts
  • RSN:Shotts
  • RSN2:Jcivios
  • Clan:Genesis

I like it... And no, I applaud your stance on wanting all-styles to become the norm... Finally someone else who thinks that melee/binds is a ridiculous practise...

What's so ridiculous about them? Levels are also beneficial in all styles fights too, when you have several 99 Rangers compared to the few some clans have you're at an advantage already. Yes they're more fun and more unpredictable, but I don't really enjoy all styles fights unless it's a CWRI/PKRI with high numbers and fast transitions. I personally feel an all styles 20v20 doesn't really get the best out of the clans, but it's the way forward for every clan really in being better tanks, hybrids, and so on. I wouldn't say Melee and Binds wars are ridiculous though, I think that's a bit farfetched.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Adr1an
[ Display Name History ]

Adr1an

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 470 posts
My big thing about a melee+binds fight would be that a 20v20 can turn into an hour long fight. Can get extremely boring. At least with all styles you get it over and done with.

If I wanted an hour long fight it would probably be better to do a returning war. B)

Posted Image

CruelKiller
[ Display Name History ]

CruelKiller

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 1,465 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Cruel Killer
  • RSN2:IvanAndKass
  • Clan:Ascension

melee/binds but we beginning to do range and all styles

yea it makes things more interesting with more styles.

weird question comming from you but anyways i think its good and well my opinion will be that each clan should do what they feel more comfortable with thought they should try step up on what they cant do good.

Posted ImageElite Member of Ascension | Posted ImageSenior Member of Silent Ember | Posted ImageOld School of TPR

Posted Image

Ascension's Forums | #Rs-Ascension | Ascension's Memberlist

unclebilly1
[ Display Name History ]

unclebilly1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • RSN:Sooner Rex
  • Clan:Runescape Dinasty

All-styles almost 100% of the time. Mages are an important part of the RS combat triangle, personally I think you're limiting the fun and variety you can have in a fight by eliminating certain styles. That, and melee+bind fights take forever, lol.

N/A

Good topic :P

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageFormer Admin of The Death MonkeighsPosted Image
Posted ImageFormer Vengeance CouncilPosted Image
Posted ImageFormer Eternal Honour MemberPosted Image
Posted ImageCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme MemberPosted Image

Darkrai
[ Display Name History ]

Darkrai

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 719 posts
Dragonwood mainly does Melee + Binds + Range

Most of our fights are Melee Binds Ranged, few are All Styles. (Compared to Melee Binds Ranged,we are horrible in All Styles). Barely do Melee Binds

It may bring interest into more styles; Melee Binds is basically everything I've seen here, for the most part

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse
Posted Image

Soad92
[ Display Name History ]

Soad92

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 19 posts
  • RSN:o JRad o
  • Clan:THE
All styles is good to practice your true tanking skills ;)

Devalice :

Oi. Soad's a sexy man-beast. I'd destroy that. Violently. Thrice.

Proud Guardian Knight of 'THE' Clan

Posted Image

Ralph
[ Display Name History ]

Ralph

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 643 posts
  • RSN:xPyrox
  • Clan:Downfall/Nexus
No food also helps you tank better! But seriously all styles fights are the most fun because you need to have a good balance of ranger/binders:blasters/binders ratio, and you still have to have some melee dishing out high hits.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.
Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

[Downfall Forums][Downfall YouTube]
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Usually Melee+binds / Range, but we've been doing more all-styles fights as of late.

Oh absolutely. They're ten times more challenging and ten times faster--big plus here for me, because I have very little spare time!

I've really only seen the top 20 really get into some serious all-style fighting. I don't think the smaller clans are as willing to try it because it's so much harder to tank, and every loss is detrimental to progress. So, playing it safe, they avoid it.

You can't MAKE clans try these things though. It's just gotta be something you're willing to do. I would strongly suggest to the average clan leader though to give variety a try. The older you get, the more boring this game gets. Keeping it varied will not only keep your members happy, but it'll make your fights quicker, and give you an even greater challenge. Great for practice fights, IMO.

hzvjpwS.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users