Question about styles used in fights

Adr1an

I have personally been looking over tip.it for a few weeks now posting here and there. One thing I have noticed is how often clans opt for melee+binds only in fights on tip.it fights and I honestly have wondered why it is this way? I remember when THE was a in TWR last time and it was actually through TWR that we got experience with fighting with range and blast.

Some reasons I have seen are that a clan is not experienced in the styles so they do not wish to use them. How will you ever learn unless you try?

I am also intrigued that with the Jagex cup coming out which does not limit the styles used in their fights (their house rules are all-styles choosing to not take anything from the game) if TWR may change their house rules to all-styles soon?

I do understand why clans do not always want to use something like corrupt armour and weapons due to the fact it is seen as a buyable measure in fights. Coming from a clan that used to do melee+binds only years ago or melee+range and stepped up to all-styles to better ourselves and our experience I can safely say it has only benefited us. As a whole it has pushed us to be more organized and to learn to tank better.

I would personally like to know

What styles does you clan normally fight with?

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)?

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)?

What styles does you clan normally fight with? We tend to try for all-styles including blasts. If we can not get this we will opt for melee+range fights.

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)? We used to limit ourselves but knew that if we wanted to get to the next step we needed to broaden our experience so we started doing more all-styles about a year ago.

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? Stated previously N/A

flamesig.jpg

mostly melee+range+binds

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)?

ye i like fighting mele range binds and would be willing to do more all styles wars so long as there not all the time as that would be a big jump for most clans here who lack experience, envy isnt amazing at all styles but can field a pretty strong force in range melee binds normally.

pretty interesting, my time ive actually replied to a topic like this so its good :)

edit: #1st

envy42.png

What styles does you clan normally fight with? Melee+binds+range

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)? We have been experimenting with all styles but were not as comfortable as i would like

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? not that i know.

Main reason people have been using meele binds as its easiest to do so most clans are decent at it, when the wilderness closed most people used melee, range then blasts. Im sure you know this echoe but i idk if alot of the rest do.

All styles is rarely used in pvp pkri's(not many blast) so i geuss thats why people have gotten rusty in it and are disallowing now.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

We're pretty flexible, we try to do all styles as much as we can but it's hard to get a lot of fights with them so we often resort to range+melee.

Personally, I like all styles the best. It makes things more interesting in a variety of ways especially by being far more difficult to tank not to mention that it's a lot more fun to blast than sit in a pile with just melee and binds. As a result I find fights to be much more entertaining and less based on things such as luck which can play a pretty prominent role in a melee+binds fight.

I understand that a lot of clans aren't very experienced in such things and thus don't really like to step out of the comfort zone. As for that, well the only way to get better is to just step up and try it, set up some friendly fights with clans that aren't to concerned with winning at all costs and just get some practice in. If you can be good at all styles, you can be good at any type of styles and that takes off a huge limitation to the variety of fights that you can have.

You're a noob

~Matt~

crzyfatkidcopy2qg.png

~'The' Clan~

Used to be melee+bind, sometimes with range and blast allowed

Of course, we usually go for all styles if the levels are the same, but sometimes we try to turn range off if the other clan's range level is much higher, but the majority of the time we go for all styles if we could.

Nah, I always wondered this myself. Is it because blasts will kill people too quickly? Is switching to range prayer when you out tanked a difficult feat? If given the choice of melee/bind and all styles, I will go for all styles.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

My clan normally fights with Melee/binds, we normally do all styles in p2p though. :P

I don't mind range in fights as a fight can get tedious for both sides when there are 5 people left.

As I'm posting on it and not removing/editing your topic I think I would say it's fine. ;)

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Melle + binds + range (blats coming soon)

yes ofc, sometimes u need opts

i completly agree with u

kristn.png

What styles does you clan normally fight with? All Styles

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)? Would be nice for clans to step up and go all styles.

IMO, Melee/binds is dead boring and so easy to tank. There's no fun in it at all, maybe in a high opts fight you would do melee/binds but in a 20vs20 fight, fights take too long. Normally I get declined by clans for all styles so I reluctantly choose melee/binds/range in order to get a fight lol...

But yeah, All styles is so much more fun and challenging because even the best tanks can get ko'ed.

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? All styles ftw

What styles does your clan normally fight with?

Melee and Binds.

Depends who we're fighting. We prefer having a fighting chance against better clans in Melee/Binds rather than all styles, plus the members enjoy Melee and Binds more in the fights we usually do. If we could pull 30-40 then we'd definitely do a lot more all styles wars.

Nope, although it hasn't convinced me in any way, lol.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

What styles does you clan normally fight with? We try to mix it up as much as possible, I think the styles we most use are Melee+Binds+Ranged.

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)? The same styles get boring over and over and in any kind of fight, its more intense if both piles have KO power and are dropping people left and right making it tight and therefore more based on ability and organization rather than numbers or levels.

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? No I agree, I've always taken the "standard official rules" as melee+binds for any important fight when in fact, it means there is less about organization and more about luck and levels. Then again, in small fights like a 20v20 melee+binds it also highlights the indavidual skill every member needs to out tank, out bind, out snipe, call decent piles etc. So Melee+Binds will stay the norm for important wars for quite a while because of its basis around personal skill although there is some sort of element of luck involved which would never go away no matter what styles you have.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

I have personally been involved with a low opts fight like a 20v20 in which it was melee+binds only and it lasted for 45 mins to an hour. I believe this was when we started really pushing for more styles in fights as we wanted to speed up the process of who was the better clan.

I actually feel low opts fights are when someone should learn how to do all styles. If you want until its 30v30 or 40v40 then members will be getting 1 hit if they do not know how to react. In a 20v20 all styles it would be best to describe it as feeling like 30+ people of melee+binds in terms of trying to tank.

Just my 2 cents

flamesig.jpg

I think the majority of our clan, has a preference towards all-styles fights. Although we don't mind adapting if other clans refuse to do so. Even considering that most clans refuse to do all-styles, due to the lack of experience they have in these. Yet still refuse, rather then gaining some experience in that sort of fights.

I would love to have more all-styles fights. It adds another challenge to the fight, and I tend to enjoy blast-binding a lot more then just binding and using melee to hit the target.

What is your opinion about the topic starter(was I out of line in anything)?

He's a fruitloop :mellow:

sig1gazelle.jpg

In PvP, we certainly prefer all-styles. Our blast unit is formidable. However, a lot of clans don't enjoy all-styles, so we typically fight with melee & binds only or melee/binds/range.

All-styles provides the most enjoyable fights. Of course!

That question's certainly odd. Looks like you've been put under pressure to behave, ma boy!

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

That question's certainly odd. Looks like you've been put under pressure to behave, ma boy!

Lol nope just trying to be respectful

flamesig.jpg

Melee+Binds+Range (Not in TWR Though :P)

YES. God that would be so boring doing Melee+Binds only. Did that with teams too much.

Yes man, encouraging clans to go out of their comfort zone and risk losing potential points! Shame on you!!!

6590ew.jpg

We always try to get all styles, but sometimes have to settle for all styles and no blasts.

We already do.

Very good point, almost every topic is a melee and binds war, with an occassional range war thrown in. I think it would be a lot more interesting having more all styles fights posted here.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

Most of the time Melee/binds or with Ranged.

Well actually we're lately having more all-styles wars and have a few more coming up for TWR so it's quite a coincidence this topic is made when we're trying them out. :smile:

I like it to be honest, this might give people more confidence/intrest in doing more different wars as in all-styles/ranged et cetera. Keep them coming! :thumbup:

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

12,079 Profile views. Get on my level.

What styles does you clan normally fight with? all styles

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)? we already do in about 60% of our fights.

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? pretty good all styles is more fun and finishes quicker

161nazb.gif

What styles does you clan normally fight with? Melee Binds.

Yes.

I wish all styles fights would be like 50% of what I attend when I was more active in Tip.It a few months ago.

Less than 10-15% of fights I had was All Styles.

And it does make wars a lot faster,

Se vs Re 20vs20 was 1 hour and 40-50 minutes, a Melee Binds Round, if it was All Styles would've took 30 Minutes or less, Lol.

Imo if you get KO'd with 20 ppl all styles then you need more of those wars cause it really does improve your tanking more than a melee binds +/- range war.

Not Really, Are you ever? Lol I don't think so.

@YourNoticing - the thing with Melee Binds that makes it common is that it's the easiest to catch up in.

If your down 1 or 2 due to DC or KO Etc. add a few snipers and you can bring it back easier.

Whereas in Melee Binds Range/All Styles Fights, it's alot harder to come back cause the pace and momentum are alot Faster.

van_sig.png

All styles

We alway fight all styles

No your %100 right.I hate it then clans/teams ask DK for melee+binds fights...

For one it's so god damn boring and 2nd tanking is too easy...

2hsasrb.png

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? No I agree, I've always taken the "standard official rules" as melee+binds for any important fight when in fact, it means there is less about organization and more about luck and levels. Then again, in small fights like a 20v20 melee+binds it also highlights the indavidual skill every member needs to out tank, out bind, out snipe, call decent piles etc. So Melee+Binds will stay the norm for important wars for quite a while because of its basis around personal skill although there is some sort of element of luck involved which would never go away no matter what styles you have.

With all styles though, not necassarily based on organization, as sometimes the clan with with more binders, or a bigger ranger unit/blast unit has the advantage. Atleast in melee/binds wars, both clans would be on the same level. But, i agree that a DC in a melee/binds is hard to recover from than in an All styles war.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

Melee + binds + range but we're best at melee + binds.

I personally wouldn't have anything apart from melee + binds and i would even make small boundaries and just have melee (west rocks to west tree is the only time I've done that and it was good fun although i was piled first...) but I know that my clan is willing to do fights with all styles

Well I don't see why what Jagex and their cup was doing would have any sort of effect on tipit. I also think that some clans simply prefer melee + binds as opposed to being afraid to move on to all styles, it has a lot more seperate factors than when you involve blasts and range.

If all styles did become the norm I know I would enjoy it much less... The way I see it, all styles is for those who can be bothered to have to prayer switch constantly and all that, having one style attacking you and then binds makes it a lot more accessible for someone like me who frankly isn't interested enough to make the extra effort that all styles involves, it means a lot more clicking.

Do you want to love me?

Melee/Binds. Lately though, more and more Melee/Binds/Range

If it's necessary.

First: You weren't out of line.

Second: Not every fight is going to be the style we would like, so it's important to have fights of varying styles. If a clan can do any of the styles, but prefer some over the other, so be it. Just be prepared for anything, imo. :thumbup:

dcmsignature3.png

Member of: Collision

Leader of: The Moriquendi

Former Legionnaire of: Legends Never Die

Check out my Tip.It Profile and leave a comment!!

My clan tbh has quite a few all-styles fights. Adds a lot more excitement and fun to wars.

I love a all styles fight.

Nope, there's no way you could've been out of line :)

trjccc1.png

Proud Titans Revolution Council Member