• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the herblore level for Superantifire potions --> automatic Yes

If you do corping --> Automatic Yes

If you do waterfiend camping --> Ofcourse

As for slayer, a useful one :) Waterfiends are a common task at higher levels.

But if you aren't one of that. Better spend your geepees someone else!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

That depends. Are you slaying? Do you corp? What's your attack level? If you're thinking about slaying, it's probably worth while to pick one up. It's good on waterfiends and metal dragons if you have a high enough herblore level to make super antifires. However, if your attack is pretty high (95+), you may be better off grabbing a saradomin sword for the fiends, gaining some strength bonus at the sake of the accuracy. If you don't do any of the things I mentioned, then no.

mythrandir.png

If you are going to stab with it, you can use a leaf-bladed sword + rune def and get a higher stab bonus.

If you are going to crush with it, the Dragon Battleaxe has the same crush bonus & leaves you one hand free for a shield or defender (dragon baxe + rune def = 83 crush!). That shoots holes in the waterfiends argument.

If you intend to slash with it, even the rune halberd has a higher slash bonus.

But don't take my word for it; here's the sortable cold hard truth.

You can't poison it, so there's no advantage there.

The only reason you could possibly want one is if you were going to switch attack styles on NPCs in one run. Or if you were buying one for looks.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

If you are going to crush with it, the Dragon Battleaxe has the same crush bonus & leaves you one hand free for a shield or defender (dragon baxe + rune def = 83 crush!). That shoots holes in the waterfiends argument.

zs is a hell lot faster than dbaxe.............

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

zs is a hell lot faster than dbaxe.............

Just my thoughts. I got one for waterfiend tasks back when they were like 1m ea.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you are going to stab with it, you can use a leaf-bladed sword + rune def and get a higher stab bonus.

But don't take my word for it; here's the sortable cold hard truth.

You can't poison it, so there's no advantage there.

The only reason you could possibly want one is if you were going to switch attack styles on NPCs in one run. Or if you were buying one for looks.

just no.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Zamorakian spear has a much greater strength bonus than leaf + defender. Also, the leaf + defender only beats spear by +2 or 3 stab.

"Shooting holes" while being 1.5x slower...

Nobody uses it to slash.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Addressing the speed comments: I prefer the higher max hits I get with defender combos.

PvP is not for me

Addressing the speed comments: I prefer the higher max hits I get with defender combos.

it appears we have found the kind of person the constitution update was geared towards!

sorry to break it to you but, higher hits=/=higher DPS, also that argument combined with your argument for LBS+r def contradict each other.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

it appears we have found the kind of person the constitution update was geared towards!

Divide it by 10 if it makes you feel better - it's not about 3-digit numbers. My max hits with rune def combos are 10% higher than with a zammy spear.

There. Feel better now?

sorry to break it to you but, higher hits=/=higher DPS, also that argument combined with your argument for LBS+r def contradict each other.

You should elaborate.

PvP is not for me

You should elaborate.

1. In 3 combat "turns", a zspear will hit 3 times, and a dba + defender will hit 2 times. I'm sure that an extra hit is worth way more damage than +20-40 higher hits if that much at all.

2. You want higher hits and claim that lbs + def is better than spear, but spear has the higher strength bonus.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

You should elaborate.

you said LBS+rune def is preferable because its more accurate, then you said DBA+rune def was preferable because you like higher hits.

Also 10% higher damage does not compensate for the 50% slower speed of a DBA, making it lower DPS.

DM0Yq2c.png

you said LBS+rune def is preferable because its more accurate, then you said DBA+rune def was preferable because you like higher hits.

Also 10% higher damage does not compensate for the 50% slower speed of a DBA, making it lower DPS.

OK now I'll elaborate.

My scenario for LBS+rune def is vs. aquanites, where a high stab is advantageous. A zammy spear is often suggested against those.

My scenario for DBA+ rune def is vs. waterfiends, where high crush is advantageous. A zammy spear is often suggested against those as well.

Two different scenarios for which the spear is commonly recommended.

I just do not buy into the notion that the speed of the zammy spear is particularly worth the money in either case.

PvP is not for me

The Z-Spear is one of my favorite weapons. Stab is relatively underused in PVM and so many don't know what it is good for besides Corp.

If you plan to train slayer a this is a must buy if you have the cash to spare. There are a lot of creatures that are weak to stab so its a good idea to exploit it; Aquas, Giants of any kind, dragons of any kind, Dagannoths, strykewyrms (Not Ice I believe), Spiritual mages (Haven't tested myself but told to be true), Suqah, and many others.

The Z-spear is also a viable and cheaper alternative to a Sara Sword for monsters that are very weak to crush. With a Whip + Z-Spear that pretty much covers all of the tasks you would want to melee.

(In case you didn't know the Z-Spear is the same speed as a whip.)

In short, it is definitely worth the 4-5m it costs; anyways, it's not like that cash you spend just disappears, you can always sell it later if you are really hurting for money/need to recover from a death.

iximi.png

If you slay with Kuradal, the only task where you really need the spear is Waterfiends if you don't have a Sara Sword, or Metal Dragons if you have super antifires. Other than that, it's the best weapon for fighting the Corporeal Beast (other than PvP gear). I say if you're not planning on killing the Corporeal Beast and you don't have enough herblore for super antifires, get a Saradomin Sword instead; the SS is marginally better at crushing and you won't need it to stab on any slayer tasks.

OK now I'll elaborate.

My scenario for LBS+rune def is vs. aquanites, where a high stab is advantageous. A zammy spear is often suggested against those.

My scenario for DBA+ rune def is vs. waterfiends, where high crush is advantageous. A zammy spear is often suggested against those as well.

Two different scenarios for which the spear is commonly recommended.

I just do not buy into the notion that the speed of the zammy spear is particularly worth the money in either case.

ZS has been shown to be much better then dba or lbs. [/fail argument]

Cite?

It's easy to say "shown to be much better" or "ignore the stupid posts" without backup. Who has show it? Where are your numbers?

It seems a lot like you are all reading the same guide or listening to the same advice without actually checking for yourselves.

PvP is not for me

Cite?

Grab a ZS and see for yourself. I'd expect someone with your stats to be a little more knowledgeable about the game.

Grab a ZS and see for yourself. I'd expect someone with your stats to be a little more knowledgeable about the game.

All the numbers point to ZS being a high priced extravagance with little to no real advantage (scroll up). I made my claim and supported it.

You, on the other hand... still waiting.

I'm betting you all read the same guide and blindly followed it... or have a financial interest in keeping the perceived value of the spear high.

PvP is not for me