May i please play "Runescape"

roanlo

To those flamming me, thanks.... :thumbup: Although there was some defence from Omali (i may be 17, but i'm not some stupid kid-.-), he made the point i was trying to make. Sure the artwork is lovely. I realise that, i even stated that the splash screen looks better.It's the title it's given "Dungeons of Deamonheim". That's not runescape, i play Runescape: 24 other skills and over 160 quests with hundreads of locations to explore. It's more than just a large dungeon.I like the examples Omali gave. Those other MMORPG's aren't given a special title because of an expansion. Sure they have that name, but that's for commercial purpose (similar to what jagex is doing) to sell the disk. After that inital sale, the game is still called World of Warcraft. People play that. They have the added bonus of The Lith King, or w/e is inside it, but it's not the entire game. JUST like how deamonheim is not the entirety of runescape.

Clearly you don't understand what sarcasm is.

I hope you know, some sarcasm actually relies on you know the person. I have no idea who Omali is, i've only seen his profile a few times. As with that, i don't know how he normally posts.

From what i say, i could say he's easily gone over the top because he has a grudge against jagex for ruining the game he loves.

Regardless if i have missed sarcasm. I'm still trying to give a point across and your recklessly flamming it because you do not care. Common politeness is to give constructive feedback. Rather then abusing the writer.

I can see what the original posters were saying as it's not a big issue on these forums. And no, i do not care about a stupid pixle on the end of a whip. I'm not that low. The point is over advertising of the game. I'm unsure how much of you have actually looked into it, but Jagex have given an incredible amount of advertising for this update. With little to no publicity about other updates that have happened.

If your just going to flame me because you don't care what Runescape looks like, or Jagex's intentions with the game. Please just leave the thread.

I hope you know, some sarcasm actually relies on you know the person. I have no idea who Omali is, i've only seen his profile a few times. As with that, i don't know how he normally posts.

From what i say, i could say he's easily gone over the top because he has a grudge against jagex for ruining the game he loves.

Actually .. he made fun of you .. what was that .. "17 years old and not being dumb" ?

Actually .. he made fun of you .. what was that .. "17 years old and not being dumb" ?

Yeah i picked that up. Again, no need to insult.

What you learn from browsing the Internet. Is the older the users are, the more of a smartass they become. Just because you are older in age, does not make you the top dog.

They are advertising the skill, as they did with construction, hunter and summoning. They are trying to wake interest in people. It will go away eventually, so no need for a rant really. Besides, They do not show it inside the game, so you only see the title for about 5 seconds.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

To those flamming me, thanks.... :thumbup: Although there was some defence from Omali (i may be 17, but i'm not some stupid kid-.-), he made the point i was trying to make. Sure the artwork is lovely. I realise that, i even stated that the splash screen looks better.It's the title it's given "Dungeons of Deamonheim". That's not runescape, i play Runescape: 24 other skills and over 160 quests with hundreads of locations to explore. It's more than just a large dungeon.I like the examples Omali gave. Those other MMORPG's aren't given a special title because of an expansion. Sure they have that name, but that's for commercial purpose (similar to what jagex is doing) to sell the disk. After that inital sale, the game is still called World of Warcraft. People play that. They have the added bonus of The Lith King, or w/e is inside it, but it's not the entire game. JUST like how deamonheim is not the entirety of runescape.
Clearly you don't understand what sarcasm is.
I hope you know, some sarcasm actually relies on you know the person. I have no idea who Omali is, i've only seen his profile a few times. As with that, i don't know how he normally posts.From what i say, i could say he's easily gone over the top because he has a grudge against jagex for ruining the game he loves.Regardless if i have missed sarcasm. I'm still trying to give a point across and your recklessly flamming it because you do not care. Common politeness is to give constructive feedback. Rather then abusing the writer.I can see what the original posters were saying as it's not a big issue on these forums. And no, i do not care about a stupid pixle on the end of a whip. I'm not that low. The point is over advertising of the game. I'm unsure how much of you have actually looked into it, but Jagex have given an incredible amount of advertising for this update. With little to no publicity about other updates that have happened.If your just going to flame me because you don't care what Runescape looks like, or Jagex's intentions with the game. Please just leave the thread.

The thing is, you are just showing what a massive oversight you have made. Both Summoning and Hunter received publicity when they were released with wallpapers and banners on the front page being changed to reflect this. In addition to this, they also changed the log in screen with the release of both skills to publicise the release of the skill.

Please, provide me with an example other than The Chosen Commander where Jagex massively publicised an update that wasn't a skill or a hardware update. I can only think of a handfull myself and all of those examples are unique to the situation.

- The Chosen Commander was the first multi-part quest series to receive a conclusion.

- While Guthix Sleeps was the very first Grandmaster Quest to be released.

- Runescape HD was a massive hardware overhaul.

Only skills gain as much publicity as Dungeoneering has received. Granted, Dungeoneering has received much greater publicity than either Summoning or Hunter and I see no problem with this. The skill is a game in it's own right, it deserves to be flaunted as such because it is unique in terms of a skill release.

Oh and FYI, as is obvious, I only just recently joined these forums so I have no idea who anyone is and it was blindingly obvious to me that Omali was being sarcastic.

Sylpheed.png

A skill like this deserves to be left for that long on the title page, imo.

It's just too special to be removed.

Like this? It's a failed skill imo, it shouldn't be up there.

That's the problem with topics like these, it's a subjective matter but people act like its fact. "Why would you even think to not keep it up" etc etc. *sigh* personally, the dungeons are ugly, as is the outside of Daemonheim. So I wished they'd change the main page, and login page if only for those reasons.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

To those flamming me, thanks.... :thumbup:

Although there was some defence from Omali (i may be 17, but i'm not some stupid kid-.-), he made the point i was trying to make. Sure the artwork is lovely. I realise that, i even stated that the splash screen looks better.

It's the title it's given "Dungeons of Deamonheim". That's not runescape, i play Runescape: 24 other skills and over 160 quests with hundreads of locations to explore. It's more than just a large dungeon.

I like the examples Omali gave. Those other MMORPG's aren't given a special title because of an expansion. Sure they have that name, but that's for commercial purpose (similar to what jagex is doing) to sell the disk. After that inital sale, the game is still called World of Warcraft. People play that. They have the added bonus of The Lith King, or w/e is inside it, but it's not the entire game. JUST like how deamonheim is not the entirety of runescape.

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

He was clearly contradicting everything you said and you're claiming he actually defended you? Starting to wonder if you're really 17.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Oh and FYI, as is obvious, I only just recently joined these forums so I have no idea who anyone is and it was blindingly obvious to me that Omali was being sarcastic.

Clearly a man after my own heart. emot-3.gif

Wait...I have a grudge against Jagex? Please, do continue. emot-allears.gif

Regardless if i have missed sarcasm. I'm still trying to give a point across and your recklessly flamming it because you do not care. Common politeness is to give constructive feedback. Rather then abusing the writer.

I can see what the original posters were saying as it's not a big issue on these forums. And no, i do not care about a stupid pixle on the end of a whip. I'm not that low. The point is over advertising of the game. I'm unsure how much of you have actually looked into it, but Jagex have given an incredible amount of advertising for this update. With little to no publicity about other updates that have happened.

As was stated in Léon, "I ain't got time for this Mickey Mouse [cabbage]!" Common politeness as many people expect it is reserved for your parents who have to watch you while you stick a fork into the toaster to fish your bread out, and say "I'm not calling you stupid, I'm just saying that your action was stupid," when really they're trying to figure out whose side of the family you got the emot-downswords.gif gene from.

TIF operates more along the lines of "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer," or in this case, whine about a non-issue, get pointed out in blunt force that you're whining over a non-issue. Yes, Jagex considers this to be a huge update, even along the size of a full fledged expansion. Players may disagree, but it is how Jagex markets it. And as I've pointed out, every major MMO changes its name to fit the most recent expansion pack. Hell, Everquest changed its name SIXTEEN TIMES in the past eleven years.

As for why Jagex hasn't done this in the past, you need to remember that Jagex markets a lot differently than most MMOs. Up until maybe a year or two ago, they did virtually no advertising whatsoever other than having the website on miniclip. So having big announcements like this really didn't do much. In the lead up to Dungeons of Demonheim, I saw a lot of coverage of Runescape on varying MMO websites, as well as interviews with Jagex staff. They're just now coming into the medium of mass media.

If your just going to flame me because you don't care what Runescape looks like, or Jagex's intentions with the game. Please just leave the thread.

If you can't handle some sarcasm, or criticism that doesn't end with "but I respect your opinion and you are entitled to have it," without resorting to playing victim and telling people to leave your thread, then:

emot-dogout.gifemot-frogout.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

you're ranting about artwork and banners? seriously?

This. I believe the OP when he says that he originally posted this topic on the RSOF.

:lol:

Why would anybody care enough to make a thread? Who cares about what they have on the homepage.

theistsRdim.png

Sure i can handle some criticism, yet simply because i have missed some sarcasm, and that you simply do not care about what i'm saying, you are calling me immature, not my age, and piratically pathetic.

I have not ranted, specifically because it's not a huge issue. At no point am i calling them jagflax, or whatever you assume noobs do. I'm simply not like that.

Because you don't care about something, does not mean it's a stupid statement. So, i can say i don't deserve harsh feedback.

A skill like this deserves to be left for that long on the title page, imo.

It's just too special to be removed.

Like this? It's a failed skill imo, it shouldn't be up there.

That's the problem with topics like these, it's a subjective matter but people act like its fact. "Why would you even think to not keep it up" etc etc. *sigh* personally, the dungeons are ugly, as is the outside of Daemonheim. So I wished they'd change the main page, and login page if only for those reasons.

As he said, it's subjective. I am not going against daemonheim, as unlike half the population, i like the skill with all of it's mini-game qualities. You may have the opinion you do not like it, you may have the opinion that you do like it.

What i am SIMPLY trying to say is that i don't like seeing it called 'dungeons of daemonheim'. For that is not runescape. It is a small section. The wallpaper/banners, they are awesome artwork, they can change they can stay, hell, i want it as my wallpaper.

That's the issue I'm trying to make a point of. If you do not care about it. Sure say that, but there is absolutely no reason to troll or flame me because you think anyone that disagrees with jagex is a 12 year old brat.

The last thing is, you can't call me stupid or question my age because i do not understand certain sarcasm. That may mean i'm thick. HOWEVER, just because your educated in 'mature gaming speak', Or whatever the title is you'd like to please yourself with, does not mean others are. I can debate against you quite fine against some dramatic play, or why restaurants are failing in recent times; that's because i'm suited to that genre. I'm not someone who knows 110% of the gaming world, and i do not pretend to be.

So instead of flamming me, can you actually relate it to the topic.

I think the OP is right. Special banners and such serve a purpose: to get people excited about new stuff. The hype of Dung is largely dying down, and theres no reason why we can't just go back to the normal RS screens. I actually think that if we change the banner back, a lot of people who STILL find reasons to complain about Dung will be more likely to stop their complaints and let it become part of the game.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I don't care how many people have said it, but I still don't consider Dungoneering to be a skill. It's more of a game inside a game, where you're isolated from the rest of the Runescape community and inside areas where you battle monsters and gain experience.

This was nothing new, more of a rehash of what video games have done for the past 30 years.

emot-synpa.gif

Dear Jagflax,

You may think that this is a pointless rant from a kid too young to drive, and you would be completely right, but listen close. You call it Runescape: Dungeons of Demonheim, and I find that racist against the other skills in the game. What about Dungeons of Demonpoop makes it worthy of expansion status? What other game changes their name based on the latest expansion? I mean, they don't call it "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich"...Oh wait. Well, they don't call it Eve Online: Tyran...oh wait. Well they don't call it Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirk...no, they do. How about Dungeons and Dragons: Eberron...d'oh. Hold on, I'll find one.

Anyway, I'm finding that your naming is racist. I didn't see "Runescape: Dungeons of Runecraftingheim" or "Dungeons of Constructionheim" or "Dungeons of Hunterheim" when the other skills were released! Where do you get off, making a big deal out of your biggest update since Runescape 2? You are a game developer, you are not allowed to feel pride in your work, only shame brought on by the enlightened few such as myself who see you for who you are: Jerk faced jerk faces who can't program worth [cabbage], and will stick with your game until the end of time to remind you how you can't advertise for [cabbage], you can't program worth [cabbage], you can't communicate worth [cabbage], and you'd better have that update out next week because I can't wait to call it [cabbage] too.

Now if you don't mind, I have a conference call I need to get to. We're discussing what non-issue to cry about next. Look for my next thread: "The second to bottom pixel on the whip handle: Could it kill what little credibility Jagex has left?"

Ahaha! :XD: That last sentence killed me :-D

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg