The End of the Beginning

Vixion

Description:

During the Twilight Hours of the day,at the local Tavern (bar/restaurant) a man who is reminded of his defeat tries to remember the victor to gain his revenge and restore his honor. There are booths and tables, the smell of tobacco and food are thick.

Rules:

1. No controlling other characters. This is a free form Role Play.

2. You may not kill anyone unless they are your character(s).

3. Stick to the topic. If someone tries to change the rp, they will be ignored.

I'll Start.

Character-Vixion. (read signature for the description)

"How long has it been since that fight? Since I lost to that masked woman? She wouldn't even tell me her name." Vixion said to himself as he sat in the poorly lit corner of the tavern. He was too preoccupied with his thoughts to listen to the chatter in the bar. His mind played back the scene of that night. Vixion remembered those emerald eyes that pierced through his being. "Who was she?" he said aloud,immediately looking around to see if anyone had heard him.

I want his Children....is that bad?

tumblr_ls7ay4jSmN1r0zf2k.gif

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alone because for at least 5 of us, its 12 at night. im just awake because i cant fall asleep. so just wait.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Archimage Aquan Aquana

Female

Shoulder length hair, dark auburn, the hair always looks as though the wind has just caught hold of the tips, pushing them up and back.

Bluish Purple Skin, the main tone is that of the Ocean, the purple more of a sheen.

Eyes that look like moss covered well shafts, a mass of green with brown highlights, with an endless pool of black at the core.

Strangely tall, with a slight build, though muscular.

An azure aura, barely noticable, surrounds her, it ripples gently like water.

Her armour is polished gold, more for decoration than protection, it would seem. Beneath the armour cloth garments cover her particulars, while her stomach, upper torso, and legs are unobstructed.

Weapons:

None apparent, though a Goldern Scabbard with Dagger is present on the belt piece.

____

Aquan lent against a lamp post, draining energy from it. Living on a world, a world like this, the concrete jungle, with ropes of plastic coated copper, it was different from Syra... the weapons that people carried too, were strange, though the firearm had been invented many years ago, they had resorted to narrow steel and tungsten blades, some razor edged with diamonds. It was a strange world, a strange world in a strange time, but as she stood their, leaning on the lamp post, the power coursing in her veins, she felt strangely calmed by this world. For, as she stood opposite the diner, she saw life...Even with their war, their weapons and their woe, these people lived.

As the sun encroached on the world the power in the lamp post switched itself off. Aquan felt a slight pang of withdrawal, but soon broke into a stride, taking off down the sidewalk, knowing that life continued.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Vixion stared out the window, watching the few and far between people pass. His body seemed to be searching for something, or someone, but his mind didn't know what. Convincing himself that no one out there would strike his interest, he turned back to the table where his drink was. As he looked into his glass, he saw his scar. If he weren't the proud person he was, Vixion would surely be bragging about it, but this mark is a shameful reminder of the only time his life rested in the hands of someone else. After a few moments more of the memory, Vixion took a drink and returned to gazing at the outside people. 'I wonder where they are going? Do they even have a destination or are they just mindless puppets, like the rest of us?' Vixion wondered about other people, their destinations, their goals and their lives. When Vixion was a young boy he used to create stories about an elderly man he saw busy at work on a farm. Thinking of his childhood reminded him that good and innocence still existed in this world.

earth (its my base name.)

Desc: just a guy in a green robe with mouse brown hair, green eyes, and an obsessio with plants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i laugh to myself, seeing as the guy who had gotten his but kicked by that girl was sstill sulking in the corner. but then i stop, seeing as i was her next victim. i got in her way, aand her blood was still up, so she kicked my but before i coulkd do anything. i take my drink and go and sit next to him. "looking for that girl from last night? one tough fighter, i can tell." then i sit and wait for a response.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

(the fight was months ago.)

Vixion was starled by the man who broke his focus. "No, I'm just looking. If I do find her, however, blood will be spilt and it won't be mine either." He growled sadistically, looking at the man with his blue eyes. Vixion was half-tempted to continue about his people-watching and just ignore the man, but he didn't want to seem rude so he began to question the man. "What is your name and why did you decide to come over and bother me?" He asked sharply, the words rolling off his tongue like shards of ice.

"huh, months ago? must've taken a bigger knock on my head than i thought. anyways, i was her next victim, after you had gotten knocked out. i got in her way." i speak in easy tones. i take another drink while watching the people around me for any hostility.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Her hand caressed the smooth, maple door as if tasting it with a sweet savour. Up and then down, she gently gripped the doorhandle with her fingertips. Nighleena knew who was within this run down tavern; her next mark, and the survivor of her last hunt, whom she still needed to dispose of if there was to be any bounty. Head tilted to the night sky, Nighleena's eyes soaked in the calm, night sky. The stars danced and swirled in her mind, teasing the girl with promises of wonder outside of her reach. Eyes narrowing and attitude reset, she opened the door ever so gently and slipped into the tavern unnoticed, slithering into the shadows of the building's corners. The rank smell of ale filled her nostrils. Even through the facemask she wore, it bothered her. Nighleena spotted her marks sitting side by side in what seemed to be conversation. The lone assassin sat down and feverishly whipped out a small canteen of water. Pulling her mask down to her chin, a scar ran from the lower right of her chin and diagonally up

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

through her lips. She watched the two, a sensation of doubt washing over her. It wasn't something Nighleena was used to, so the wave of shock was intense, she felt trapped, confused, and for a reason unknown, saddened. 'Why must they die?' she thought unwillingly. Trying to banish the thoughts from her mind they only arrived in more severe flashes, filling her head with alien emotions she had shoved aside so long ago.

(sorry for the double post but my ps3 only allows so much per entry :/)

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

(Is the setting magic heavy?)

As he sat and watched from the rooftops, the people scuttling around, going about their daily lives in the dusky light of the evening, he let out a sigh. He had been there for around five hours, thinking, wondering, remeniscing about all manner of subjects. Or he would have been, if there was anything to remenisce. Where there should have been memories, instead there was an empty, null void. He sat up, swinging his head forwards in a forlorn way, and began to stand. He was wearing a long coat, pure white, which stretched down to his shoes. Around his shoulders was a mantle, which started the same shade of white, but turned into a deep blue halfway down, and then finished with another thin line of white. It was oversized, to say the least, crawling all the way to his upper wrists, obstructing the view of his figure. It blew in the wind, much like his hair, which was shoulder length, and silver in colour.

He felt the inside of the mantle, just to check if his weaponry was still there. It was, safe and sound, as usual. All 36 kunai, in their correct place. The wind picked up again, as he sighed once more, leaning and looking down to the streets below for anything interesting to fill his dull schedule.

2Xeo5.png

Vixion was still staring at Earth when an ice cold chill ran down his warm spine, making him freeze instantly. Without acknowledging the man who was sitting with him, he searched furiously through the smoke and people, his eyes rapidly darting from one face to the next. 'What was that about?' Vixion wondered, 'Am I truly falling into a state of lunacy that I become paranoid every time I get a chill?' This thought worried him even further. "Exuse me a moment." He said to Earth, although it sounded like a general statement, aimed in no direction. Vixion rose to his feet and walked toward the exit. In a dark corner he thought he saw his persecutor, but he pushed the thought out of his already overflowing mind. Grabbing the doorknob, he didn't look back at the suspicious corner, afraid that his mind wasn't fooling him. Instead, Vixion inhaled deeply and released the air in a sigh as he stepped out of the bar. The air outside smelled of grease, people and sickness. This scent, although disgusting, was somehow

(er, unfinished?)

"hmm.. looks likehe's got a fright! ill just have to get up and see what that was about then, eh?" i say to myself. i hop up, finish off my drink, and head to where the man i was talking to went off. looking around i see the person who had floored me so badly that i had lost my meories for such a long time "eh... its her again. she's here, and that can mean a couple of things. either shes got a grudge, she likes the bar... or im one of her targets." i shake my head, and then i ctach up to the other guy.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

comforting. Vixion ran his rough hands through his hair in an ineffective effort to calm himself. "What business does she have with me anyway?" The question was normally volumed as if he wanted the sky itself to answer him. "It just doesn't make sense." He said sounding defeated, as these words left his mouth, Vixion slumped down to the ground, his back against the tavern's outset walls.

( now I am.)

Lelantos, hearing somebody talking below the roof he was standing, looks down to the streets to see an odd individual shouting, seemingly in frustration at the sky, before leaning back against a wall. He shouts down to him, in a curious, yet apathetic tone; "Why are you barking at the moon? And what, exactly, "Doesn't make sense"?"

He then jumps from the roof of the building to the side of the person below, landing on one knee with a thud, before rising and standing.

2Xeo5.png

Vixion was embarrassed when the inquiring voice reached his ears for he thought that no one had heard him. Trying to cover his embarrassment, Vixion recomposed himself and watched Lelantos jump to the ground. "Well if you really must know. I have someone who is trying to kill me, and I haven't the slightest knowledge as to what it was that I did that was wrong to make someone want to kill me." Vixion said trying to make sense of the statement himself because he didn't know why someone would want him dead. He hadn't truly answered the man's list of questions so he continued his explaination, "And furthermore, I think I have gone mad from the paranoia of having to watch my back constantly. You see she left me there with every ounce of honor in me stripped." Vixion stopped only a second to take a breath before continuing, "That is why nothing makes sense anymore and why I am 'barking' at the moon. Is there anything else that you would like to know?" he added with a shallow tint to his voice. His blue eyes looked swiftly at the door as though he was trying to explain why he exited the tavern to come out into the town in the nighttime hours.

Character:

Stephen

Member of the "civil protection", a tyrannical police force. His past is cloudy, growing up in a rather wealthy family, but was separated after his parents were murdered. Ever since he vowed to punish all criminal life that surrounded him. He joined the civil protection when he was 20, as any other recruit. However, he was hardly ever assigned with house raid groups, and lived the life of a patrol man. In the recent times, he has suffered a bad relationship with the higher powers of civil protection, due to the fact that he is behind on his beating quota. Searching for some possible subjects, he begins rasping on a grimy tavern door. He keeps his shock baton at the ready.

"Civil protection! Open this door now!"

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

"well, id like to get back to my job... but i dont think i will be able to while the assasin is at our backs." i say. i take a look at the newcommer with mild interest. "so... sparky boy, why wear white at night?"

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

"What?!" Vixion yelped starlted by Earth's statement. 'It was her, I'm going in.' He thought to himself, more confident than he would ever be in this situation. Suddenly his pride was crushed at the simple thought of him losing again. His gaze flew to Stephen, questioning his motive, he walked up to him and began to speak, "Excuse me. Why are you here?" His voice was steady and his eyes burned with curiosity. He took a quick glance into the tavern window, specifically into the dark corner where she was. He knew what had to be done but he was currently too curious to bother with the future.

(I apologize for the short post.... I'm feeling lazy at the moment.)

" you got the hots for her or somthing dude? she's an efficient killer, no thought of our pain, our deaths. to her.. were targets. plain and simple." i say matter-of-factly "dont get too close. i dont want you moping, or with somthing important cut off, when i get you back to my home."

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Kemios wakes up in a corner of the bar, and mutters something that sounds like "Two more beersh pleash." The bartender decides to fend for Kemios's own safety, and gives him water instead. The bartender is then promptly thrown onto his skull, and Kemios drowns his unknown sorrows with a barrelful of a mysterious and probably toxic substance.

a70c7.png

A bone chilling breeze blew across the winter night. A silhouetted figure squatting above a broken lampost, or what appeared to be broken. He viewed the lampost much like himself in a way, as the other shone bright, lighting the harsh winter pathways of a city littered with filth and crime. His lampost was without light, no guidance, broken and different from everyone else. "Am I the monster or the messiah? Chaos or justice? God's right hand or the Devil's" He pondered this deeply, as deep as his mind could comprehend, but he viewing himself as a mere mortal human, he knew the answer could never be realised. A shop bell rang below as the door opened. A man came out, long cloak to keep warm from the bitter cold, and holding a package. Keeping it safe under his cloak, it barely even stuck out, but nothing escaped my all seeing eye. He held it close to his chest, but not to his heart, it was not a package he held dear to himself, but simply a means of transportation without any witnesses. The man suspiciously looked around the street, like a rabbit in the wild he shifted his head around swiftly. He knew someone was following him, like a fox stalking its prey, silent and watching. Everyone seems to feel my presence, but they can never find me. Oh no. I find them.

He rushed down the street with pace. Panting heavily and worried, was my presence really that strong on him? Or was there another factor I could did not know which made this man feel this way. The vapour of his breath poured out of mouth, creating the small puff of smoke that made anyone realise they were alive, but I don't have that smoke, am I alive? I wondered this as the man gained distance from me, and then turned into a nearby alley way.

I gave chase, jumping from street lamp to street lamp. Stealing the light away from each one like a thief. I made it to the mouth of the alleyway, it was a dead end. A mistake on his part? Or was this where he needed to be? Well whatever was the answer it wont matter much before the clock strikes midnight, and the last sand granile drops from his egg timer which is his life.

To be continued soon :).

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Watching Vixion as he weaves through the crowd like a puppy with his tail caught between his legs (Nighleena's perspective not mine), Nighleena glides among the crowd in fleeting steps. Coming up behind him, she pressed a dagger to the small of his back, whispering, "Why does the Overseer want your head?" Nighleena then leaves through the back of the tavern the same as she had arrived.

Lqt9R.png

i stop the assasin on her way out, asking "what have i done to make me a mark?"

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]