It really changes the more you play......

airwalked987

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started out Runescape, I followed my friend everywhere. I was afraid to go anywhere or do anything by myself. He showed me good training spots, got me weps and armor and walked me through quests.. I loved Runescape, and how medieval-like it was. I saw people selling rune for 200k, and I was amazed at how rich people were.

lol, i know wat u mean. i followed my friends everywhere in case i got lost, and did pretty much every f2p quest with help (except the easy ones)

i was amazed hoe people could buy full rune at all, let alone buying it and not think anythong of it. "200k will take months to get!" i thought. now i can get it from making 200 mage longs, or 1.5k coal lol

Yeah I agree it was kinda fun seeing all the rich people, and saving my energy for the run past the dark mage dudes. I will never get that back because no matter what my level is, it is the experiences and knowledge of the game that will hold you back.

Maybe one day Jagex will make a monster that hangs around a spot like the mages that is for 80 - 110 people or something along those lines to attack us.

But hey just have to wait and see.

I loved rsc, and the feeling of not knowing where each path would take me because I never knew a thing about the map. Most of the peole may find this annoying but...I LOVED THE THREE ROUNDS OF COMBAT BEFORE BEING ABLE TO ESCAPE!!! It made everything way more riskier and also easier to pk in the wildy. I remember how hard it was saving up for my addy long, or doing the digsite quest when I first became a member.

Oh and when I did become a member I saw people with the rumoured dragon weapons walking around and couldn't help but whimper in the corner when somebody told me that they were in the 100ks.

Man they were good days.

The good ole days...Some dude from the Nickelodeon website which is one of the top collectors gave me full iron and couldnt believe it, I added him and stuff and to this day we are best friends. Those were the days when about 8000-10000 peeps would play, so amazing, and I remember when people thought i was autotyping cause everything i said had "gre:" :lol: Kind of funny but yeah it rules, to many kiddorinos now on rs2, maybe thats the reason why I might quit Runescape for a while and play Guild Wars, because I dont want to get too too addicted to that dam game World of Warcraft.

*cough* well yeah rsc rules and the good ole days way before rs2 were extremely fun and better, before all the noobs came on :x

PS: Btw, today is my 1year anniversary for being a tip it member hehe (even though I used tip it for well tips, until I found out it had forums. :oops:

bender8eu.png

fry5sj.png

meatwad3ek.png

Good times! good times..

I remember when i started my friend got ym full iron and he said were going to draynor village, i look on the map and thought it would take about 5 minutes to get there(we were at goblins at lumby) then i get killled by the draynor village gaurds :oops:

Also died to zombiess and lost my some of my mith and steel, my friend told me about falador mines!(i loved mining and smithing back then), and later i was the first of all my friends to get members, a few months later i do barrows(blocking :oops: ) and get 2 torags plates selling 2.9m each and make 5.8m!!! omg i was so rich back then, a few months later at barrow si got a purple phat for 25m sold then lost over 17m pking...paid 4.45m for a green mask which is worth 3.8m :cry:

and gave about 7m to mom to help her...left with 4m and gren mask...slowly got boring...now i only want a phat and i'll quit

siggd7.jpg

yep thats how it is when ur this poor lil noob its make the game more exciting cuz u have a goal that u want 2 get 2 but when u become some1 like zezima(99 in almost every stat lots of cash) the game gets quite boring cuz u dont have 2 work taht much 2 get anything when i new item comes out and ur rich its worth about 5mil u go ahead and buy it simple but when ur poor u gotta work for lik 3 weeks cutting yews 2 get the money

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

• 1 month later...
When I first started out Runescape, I followed my friend everywhere. I was afraid to go anywhere or do anything by myself. He showed me good training spots, got me weps and armor and walked me through quests.. I loved Runescape, and how medieval-like it was. I saw people selling rune for 200k, and I was amazed at how rich people were. Heck, I was afraid to leave the spot I was at till my friend got on. I used to hate Dark Wizards, they would kill you if you walked passed them :?

Now, 8 months and a membership later, Runescape doesn't have those same feelings...

I could buy 3 setd of full rune with my spare cash, and I can get to any place you ask me to go to within minutes. I have 126 quest points now too. I could kill a Dark Wizard 2 or 3 times over with my best hit. Runescape just doesn't have that medieval feeling anymore either, and the new feeling starts to fade.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days......

i was exactly like that with my cousin and he used to get me stuff and that new feeling has gone :cry:

True, i liked the old days, you were a newb, knew nothing, and when you thought a bronze scimmy was sooo awesome... then you found people to mke you mithril armor, a full set!! And you got better with nice people that helped with the many things you needed. Something happened when the second version of RuneScape came out, it was too classic to gives things to newbs out of the kind of your heart, no help on quests unless they were stuck also, and definitly no one would help you find out what things were... i miss those days... i wish i could go back and just take in all the happyness of falador east and the entire runescape world, but.... those days dies years ago... :cry:

Well, I just feel fotunate I started an account in those days :)

If I had started a few years later, I don't know how it might have turned out. I probally would have quit.

Kid you dont know what the old days are :roll:

hhhsig.jpg

maxed out melee back in 06, when it was still considered an accomplishment. same with getting 85 slayer, was in the top 2k players to get it.

R.I.P Runescape.. Feb 2, 02 - Jan 2, 08

Kid you dont know what the old days are :roll:

I played rsc once when i had the chance, enjoyed it, and then left cuz i couldn't play. Played rs2 for a while, but the same feeling applies. :oops: I get back to that by thinking about the *feel*

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

When I first started out Runescape, I followed my friend everywhere. I was afraid to go anywhere or do anything by myself. He showed me good training spots, got me weps and armor and walked me through quests.. I loved Runescape, and how medieval-like it was. I saw people selling rune for 200k, and I was amazed at how rich people were. Heck, I was afraid to leave the spot I was at till my friend got on. I used to hate Dark Wizards, they would kill you if you walked passed them :?

Now, 8 months and a membership later, Runescape doesn't have those same feelings...

I could buy 3 setd of full rune with my spare cash, and I can get to any place you ask me to go to within minutes. I have 126 quest points now too. I could kill a Dark Wizard 2 or 3 times over with my best hit. Runescape just doesn't have that medieval feeling anymore either, and the new feeling starts to fade.

Truthfully, I feel the same way, my friends freak when I talk about quiting, but I really think I might soon, then again, I'll have to get my hands on that new Mage armour before I do that, I guess with my goals I may be able to stick to playing, but I've lost alot of interest in RS, it's just not as fun as it used to be, I remember back when my friends started playing, I was a lvl 20, I handed my friend Ted (no longer plays =( ) 1k and he died with it, he was super happy thogh because back then it was alot of $, him and Ecko106 used to follow me everywhere since I was the largest player they knew. Well ya, RS losses it's fun after you play for a year... I wish I could turn back time and play like I did last year.

• 1 year later...
I use to love it when I was a noob well actually i hated it at first when a friend told me to play i killed a goblin yaaay (so bored)

well then another friend showed me it a year later I fell in love with it I think what happens is at the beggining you were making such big accomplishments but then you get some skills past 30 and it just loses its touch everything seems like the same it was before your just lving pointlessly. I mean when your a noob you get some mith armour and you feel like a god but when you reach rune its like a limit. past that its all repetitiveness. I remember working for hours selling bronze stuff in fallador general and bragging that I could make 1k an hour then I got my first addy long I was unbelievably happy well then it got to getting rune items, this is where it gets kinda weird I was savin forever for a rune long so when I eventually had 20k I found a guy selling it he did the old noted iron long trick. I didnt play for a few days, I came back and suddenly realized the sky was the limit! I got my 20k back and fast made sure i didnt get scammed and it felt so great but i had and I realized the sky wasnt the limit there was a limit to how great you could get and how great you could feel and thats just when it lost its touch.

and theres my life story. oops i mean description of why runescape loses its magic.

yeah, i agree. i remeber the first time i got an addy weapon. my favorite weapon has always been the baxe, and i saw an addy one in a store, and it was like 4.5k :shock: . so i killed men for a couple months, and then, when i finally had enough money, waited around in the baxe shop for 3 hrs waiting for it to respawn.(didnt really know about trading then). i was sooo happy when i got it, and just went out and owned some theives. but yeah, im still ftp, but once you realize "wow, i got rune. its cool and all but...is this it???." then you get a mil, and you realize you can buy 5-6 rune sets. i still <3 rs, but i miss that sense of wonder and amazement i got from seeing green dhide, or rune 2h, or lvl 80 players.

fatdog%2016.gif

fatdog_16.png

la%20vie%20est%20mal,%20mais%20il%20est%20bon%20un%20peu.png

OF course that mother is badly crazy,

but I dont understand why the 22 year old girl wants to live with and have sex with the 13 year boy, just because he is lvl 126 or something?