Stun

WaterDrips

stunning isnt very fast or rice effective mage training imo.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I thought the easy mage xp in house method was elemental balance and continually cast 1 element on it so it never finishes

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you want to stun, may I suggest something.

Go into resizeable screen mode, go to the lumbridge melee tutor house (or the elemental game in your house might work), move your screen/avatar until the stun spell (in the magic tab) is on top of a dummy (tabs in resizeable mode are transparent), click on the spell, press F4 to remove your spells tab and cast stun dummy, press F4 again to bring back your spells tab; repeat.

This is advantageous because you can stun without ever moving your mouse. Just click, F4 click, F4, ect...

That might be a little hard to understand; if it is, let me know or I might be able to find a youtube video.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Go into resizeable screen mode, go to the lumbridge melee tutor house (or the elemental game in your house might work), move your screen/avatar until the stun spell (in the magic tab) is on top of a dummy (tabs in resizeable mode are transparent), click on the spell, press F4 to remove your spells tab and cast stun dummy, press F4 again to bring back your spells tab; repeat.

This is advantageous because you can stun without ever moving your mouse. Just click, F4 click, F4, ect...

That might be a little hard to understand; if it is, let me know or I might be able to find a youtube video.

Genius. Combined with mousekeys.. You could go. 5 -> f4 -> 5 -> f4

I think?

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

If I recall high levels can no longer use the lumby training dummies, so the house balance is the best alternative.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I like your idea Leo. Will i need like rune Armour for the elemental thing in my house, or does it not cast automatically?

I'm not sure about the elemental game in your house, but I know that dummies in lumbridge can be stunned multiple times.

I think?

Yes this would work very well.

If I recall high levels can no longer use the lumby training dummies, so the house balance is the best alternative.

I did this a while back, but I know I was at least level 130+, so it should at least work for stunning.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I like your idea Leo. Will i need like rune Armour for the elemental thing in my house, or does it not cast automatically?

I'm not sure about the elemental game in your house, but I know that dummies in lumbridge can be stunned multiple times.

I think?

Yes this would work very well.

I did this a while back, but I know I was at least level 130+, so it should at least work for stunning.

lumby dummies no longer work, patch notes ~3 weeks ago.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Just some quick calculations on the use of mage hats:

If you play fast sc games, it's roughly 15 mins a game from lobby startup to the end of the game. We'll assume you have a good number of hats to start and you can get points for at least 1.1 recharges for a hat per game.

Each hat lasts for 47700 experience, translating to 23850 bonus xp. That bonus xp costs 42665 GP in soul runes assuming you're using a mud staff.

You can get 4.4 hat recharges per hour, which makes for 104940 bonus xp, or 187000GP saved.

These are very conservative figures and you might be able to manage slightly more SC points or quicker games, but at most I could see a 15-20% improvement over these figures.

Overall if you want to save money or time, SC isn't that great of an option. You could instead use some means of making money to just buy more soul runes; 200k/h is pretty easy to manage. The main thing using mage hats has got going for it is similar to what the penance horn does for agility: reducing the amount of time you're actually doing the training activity. But if that's what you want, you could try superheating, high alching, superglass making, humidifying, or any of the other methods that cost very little/profit.

WOW, Thanks ^

So How much Exp would that be With Sc Hats, and W/O.

The word on the street is that rough rates with SC hats are 200k/h and then half that without. But don't let these figures fool you. Remember you actually have to spend the time to get the SC hats and as long as you can make more than 200k GP/h, then the only thing stopping you from doing just straight up stuns is you not liking repetitiveness. However like I already said, you should just opt for another mage training method at that point.

I would plankmake then.

DM0Yq2c.png

I would plankmake then.

Once you hit 86 Magic.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I forgot to mention I dont wanna lose a ton of money, because you lose money doing the plank make, right?

Yes the spell does cost money in addition to runes to cast, but it only has a gp/exp ratio of 2.6-4 which is some of the best in the game, it's more cost effective than stun I'm fairly certain.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I forgot to mention I dont wanna lose a ton of money, because you lose money doing the plank make, right?

Yes the spell does cost money in addition to runes to cast, but it only has a gp/exp ratio of 2.6-4 which is some of the best in the game, it's more cost effective than stun I'm fairly certain.

Stun only costs the soul rune if you use the mud staff, so it's actually only 2.09 GP/xp, noticeably better than plank make. Roughly the same xp rate too.

Of course superheat is a great way to raise magic and get a little smithing xp squeezed in. It's around 85-95k/h and right now with steel it even slightly profits.

stun + high alch

Yeah, if you're gonna stun, there's no reason to not high alch on top of it. High alch breaks even if you buy the right things, so you basically can get more xp per hour for no extra cost. I'm not sure exactly how many high alchs you can cast per hour while stunning, but it'll be noticeably less than just high alching obviously, but it should still give you a sizable % higher xp per hour.

Lagatag.png

plank make is ~168k p/h and 2.88 gp/xp

stun is ~108k xp p/h and 2.09 gp/xp

Even if you only value your time at 750k p/h (green dragons), plank make is better.

(source)

DM0Yq2c.png

I dont want to alch..So Stun or plank Make, I know i need 86 to Plank Make, but which one is more of a loss? Which one would i be losing more on?

You alch AS you stun so you get more xp/hr

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂